Found Deceased PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *kidnapping arrest* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Torbs, it is a strange place, isn’t it? When I drove by, which actually was driving though the parking lot like a dope, I saw a line of bikes outside, indicating to me that a lot of the workers are Old Order Mennonite. Maybe when the bikes were gone, he thought it was safe to lurk about. He may have assumed they didn’t have cameras there. Maybe he thought the few finished sheds sitting around might have offered shelter for his plans.

Until I saw the place in person, I thought it was some large property that backed up to woods or something. I was a little surprised to see how close the train tracks were to the back of the building and that it was a little strip of a place. Just a weird choice for sure.

Thanks for this info. On google maps I see a small red/orange car across the tracks from harvest structures in front of a small house. Im sure it's coincidence... just wondering if he had some prior connection to the area somehow.

I haven't been following all along, so I never saw anything about the outcome of the July 4th car fire. In the evening, there was a car fire at the same building where JS resides. Was it ever determined whose car that was? LE certainly would have been looking into that in relation to Linda S. -- I hope so, anyway. Could that car have been used to transport a dead body and the fire was set to hide evidence and odor? And would fire even cover up the odor to a point in which a cadaver dog could not detect it?

Google earth shows a white object along tracks about 500 feet east of harvest structures location. I can't tell when the image was taken though. See attached.

Attachments

• 20200801_212922.jpg
    20200801_212922.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 152
  • 20200801_212726.jpg
    20200801_212726.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Found out it’s only available if you have the desktop version. And under View, enable Status Bar.
Supposedly, images do not include capture date information on the web version? IDK

Why do I not see a date on the bottom of satellite image on Google Earth? - Quora

Thank you for this. I have been wondering how to find the date for personal use, but I never bothered to research it, so I appreciate this link. I looked for the date that others were wondering about. I am seeing April 22, 1992 (historical imagery). It looks like there are two full-sized vans, one burgundy and one white. This was the first time I used the desktop version, so I am not sure if that date refers to the actual colored version everybody is seeing.

ETA: I was playing with this a bit and I figured some stuff out. The 1992 date is the earliest image available. As you scroll to different magnifications, the dates change. It seems like as you get closer, there comes a point where the satellite image is replaced by a computer generated 3D image, and no date appears any more. I think the last date that can be brought up is for the satellite image used to create the CG 3-D image. So the last date for the burgundy van image is February 26, 2018.

The sweet little girl you have as your avatar got my attention because she looked so sad. I found information about her by looking up her first name and saw
what happened. Reading about it just sickens me. I can barely process this kind of evil. It brought tears to my eyes. :(

Last edited:
There has been no activity on the Amish Girl Missing page for 3 days.

Does anyone else find that odd!!??

The Amish hotline recorded message this week mentioned that the Stoltzfoos family is trying to get back to a normal routine. The last post ( not video) on that Missing page mentions that there won’t be more organized searches at this time, thanks people for their support, and gives the address to which one may send cards. It sounds to me as if there’s nothing more to say at this time, so that’s why the page hasn’t been updated.

I can’t imagine how difficult it must be for the parents and the seven remaining children to go about their days hoping for closure but knowing it might never come.

Thank you for this. I have been wondering how to find the date for personal use, but I never bothered to research it, so I appreciate this link. I looked for the date that others were wondering about. I am seeing April 22, 1992 (historical imagery). It looks like there are two full-sized vans, one burgundy and one white. This was the first time I used the desktop version, so I am not sure if that date refers to the actual colored version everybody is seeing.

ETA: I was playing with this a bit and I figured some stuff out. The 1992 date is the earliest image available. As you scroll to different magnifications, the dates change. It seems like as you get closer, there comes a point where the satellite image is replaced by a computer generated 3D image, and no date appears any more. I think the last date that can be brought up is for the satellite image used to create the CG 3-D image. So the last date for the burgundy van image is February 26, 2018.

The sweet little girl you have as your avatar got my attention because she looked so sad. I found information about her by looking up her first name and saw
what happened. Reading about it just sickens me. I can barely process this kind of evil. It brought tears to my eyes. :(
Jillian2020, sorry to have upset you. It truly was a heart wrenching case. At least the monster is behind bars. Let’s hope this one stays there too.
So is the white trash bag pic from 1992?

Last edited:
Jillian2020, sorry to have upset you. It truly was a heart wrenching case. At least the monster is behind bars. Let’s hope this one stays there too.
So is the white trash bag pic from 1992?

Oh sorry, I thought you guys were talking about the cars. I didn't even see the post with the white object. I'm getting a little better at Google Earth with practice, but it's a bit of a learning curve. I learned that the date of 1992 was just the earliest image available and is black & white. There is a historical imagery setting that allows you to view all the images from 1992. That's kind of neat. Because the images become distorted as you scroll in, it's difficult to see anything on that setting. When I exit the historical imagery setting though, I can see the white object in the February 26, 2018 image. So, it's been there since at least that time.

I'm so glad the monster in behind bars. How a "mother" could do such a thing is beyond me. smh

So sad to read that there won't be further searches at this time for Linda. I know they can't go on forever, but it just hurts that Linda hasn't been found and that her family has to continue without answers. I will keep praying that Linda is returned to her family and this predator is convicted and never released. Also prayers for her mom, dad, brothers and sisters.

The Amish hotline recorded message this week mentioned that the Stoltzfoos family is trying to get back to a normal routine.

<RSBMFF>

I can’t imagine how difficult it must be for the parents and the seven remaining children to go about their days hoping for closure but knowing it might never come.

So sad to read that there won't be further searches at this time for Linda. I know they can't go on forever, but it just hurts that Linda hasn't been found and that her family has to continue without answers. I will keep praying that Linda is returned to her family and this predator is convicted and never released. Also prayers for her mom, dad, brothers and sisters.

RBBM

Couldn't agree more.

I keep hoping and praying JS will reveal where LS is, but I'm not optimistic.

JMVHO.

The address to send notes/cards, words of encouragement and support may be found in the last sentence of this article:

https://www.littlethings.com/linda-...4-0121.” Footage provided by CBS Local Dallas

The family says thank you for the support and love received from all across the country and globe. We continue to welcome your letters of love and support. You can address your letters to the Stoltzfoos Family and send them to P.O. Box 121 Intercourse PA. 17534-0121.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JJ81