GUILTY PA - Matthew Mancuso for sex abuse, child *advertiser censored*, Pittsburgh, 2003

LovelyPigeon said:
messiecake, if you'll search at http://news.google.com/ you won't get hits on those kind of places but only on news media websites.

LP, I've been searching that way for awhile now and haven't seen much. I was so irritated at the whole "run-away bride" deal taking away from finding these girls. If just a fraction of news attention had been given to this story I think the case would have been solved by now.

They are in my prayers.

I haven't seen an update either, but at least searching through Google News won't bring up all that trash on the internet that just Googling with those search words will.

I'm thinking the "possible witness" in NC probably didn't turn out to be a lead, afterall.

I am so scared for this little girl and pray for her constantly, I hope the find her soon.

They found her,she's safe and the is in jail!!!!(on previous charges)!!!!

Theyre not releasing any "real" details other than the now 15 year old is safe and the perp cant hurt her anymore!!!!!

Theyre not releasing details about him (I think because its a family member) but keep checking for updates everyone(esp. those in Canada) as Id still like more info!

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Co...54&t=TS_Home&DPL=IvsNDS/7ChAX&tacodalogin=yes

messiecake said:
They found her,she's safe and the is in jail!!!!(on previous charges)!!!!

Theyre not releasing any "real" details other than the now 15 year old is safe and the perp cant hurt her anymore!!!!!

Theyre not releasing details about him (I think because its a family member) but keep checking for updates everyone(esp. those in Canada) as Id still like more info!

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1115977575079&call_pageid=968332188492&col=968793972154&t=TS_Home&DPL=IvsNDS%2f7ChAX&tacodalogin=yes
Oh, Thank God!

What! What! What!

OMG! I am so happy to hear that she has finally be found and is safe. Honestly this case has weighed heavily on my heart and I've been praying for her!

Oh wow! the good guys won :woohoo:

[font=Times, Times New Roman, Serif, MS Serif] The girl is not in any new danger and the man believed responsible for taking the pictures is already serving time in a federal prison, said Jamie Zuiebeck, spokeswoman for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. [/font]

[font=Times, Times New Roman, Serif, MS Serif] No details on the alleged perpetrator were released. [/font]

[font=Times, Times New Roman, Serif, MS Serif] “All of the investigators are really happy she is safe,” Zuiebeck said. “This has been a continuing effort to look at all the available resources to try and identify her.” [/font]

[font=Times, Times New Roman, Serif, MS Serif] Police said at least one image of the girl was taken at a Walt Disney World hotel several years ago and that she was probably abused almost daily. [/font]

OUR PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance: :dance:

This case hit me hard too and Im so glad she's safe.I know shes not "ok" but Im praying she finds strength and healing and the courage to move onwards and upwards..........Im hoping the SOB gets hit with MORE charges .I also hope he gets released into GP and drops the soap! Let's see how HE likes it!!!!!!.

Now THAT would be cause for celebration! :p

She is 15 years old now.. she has sure lost a lot of her childhood, if not all of it :( I hope she is receiving the help she needs to deal with what has been done to her.

Quote from previously linked article:

The suspect adopted the Russian-born girl when she was 5, Irwin said.

No details on the alleged perpetrator were released; he still faces state charges in Pennsylvania for the molestation of the girl. Irwin said authorities were uncertain whether they will file any molestation charges in Orlando.

"Time is on our side at this point," he said. "The bad guy is locked up. The victim is safe."

Note: he has just begun to serve a 15 year term.

How was it possible for this guy to adopt a child?

golfmom said:
Quote from previously linked article:

The suspect adopted the Russian-born girl when she was 5, Irwin said.

No details on the alleged perpetrator were released; he still faces state charges in Pennsylvania for the molestation of the girl. Irwin said authorities were uncertain whether they will file any molestation charges in Orlando.

"Time is on our side at this point," he said. "The bad guy is locked up. The victim is safe."

Note: he has just begun to serve a 15 year term.

How was it possible for this guy to adopt a child?

Neither article indicated that the jerk had a criminal history prior to the child's adoption. With no previous history of abuse, then the guy was just a guy who wanted to help a child. The agency wouldn't have any reason not to allow the adoption to go through.

The second article in the ajc states that the black haired girl was located also, she was a friend and neighbor of the blonde haired girl and she was never abused. I worried about her almost as much as the first girl. It is good to know that both kids are out of the clutches of this guy. I wonder why they aren't naming him, he has not only been accused of the crime, but evidently was convicted of it. So, why wouldn't they name him?

mysteriew said:
Neither article indicated that the jerk had a criminal history prior to the child's adoption. With no previous history of abuse, then the guy was just a guy who wanted to help a child. The agency wouldn't have any reason not to allow the adoption to go through.

The second article in the ajc states that the black haired girl was located also, she was a friend and neighbor of the blonde haired girl and she was never abused. I worried about her almost as much as the first girl. It is good to know that both kids are out of the clutches of this guy. I wonder why they aren't naming him, he has not only been accused of the crime, but evidently was convicted of it. So, why wouldn't they name him?

Because that would positively identify the victim. News ethics (if they actually have them) are supposed to do everything they can to protect the identify of a child victim ... unfortunately, that isn't always the case and children are revictimized by zealous reporters.

Casshew said:
She is 15 years old now.. she has sure lost a lot of her childhood, if not all of it :( I hope she is receiving the help she needs to deal with what has been done to her.

From what I know about trauma like that, that is inflicted almost daily for years, the brain has a mechanism for coping and it sort of blocks out everything. Sort of like turning off the memory switch or something.
Anyone else know what I am talking about?

I know I've read this somewhere as well.
Basically, the person knows something happened to them, but
they really don't Remember the details.

I'm not sure what the statistics are (if they have any) but hopefully
this girl can grow into a young woman and try and make
the best life for herself.
I'll be thinking of her.

I am having a really hard time believe that this was the first time he molested or raped a child.

He just seemed to be way to comfortable with posting pictures on the internet for him to be a first timer. I wonder if they were able to give his name out would that allow other children to feel safe about coming forward that they too were abused by this SOB.
Knowing that he is behind bars and will not be getting out.

sharon25 said:
I am having a really hard time believe that this was the first time he molested or raped a child.

He just seemed to be way to comfortable with posting pictures on the internet for him to be a first timer. I wonder if they were able to give his name out would that allow other children to feel safe about coming forward that they too were abused by this SOB.
Knowing that he is behind bars and will not be getting out.

But, unfortunately we don't know and can't find out when this guy will be getting out.
I understand and approve of the court protecting the victim. And I know that in the courts and the media they don't name the victim, do not give out her address, the name of her foster home, or her school info.
But, the perpetrator was publically tried, and sentenced in a public court. That info is supposed to be part of the public record and available to the public.
I have never heard of the perpetrators info being protected by the court.
Who is this guy and why is he being protected? We have read of lots of these cases in court- the victims names are not given- but the perps names always are.
When was this guy sentenced, how long a sentence, will he be going onto the sex offender database?

mysteriew said:
But, unfortunately we don't know and can't find out when this guy will be getting out.
I understand and approve of the court protecting the victim. And I know that in the courts and the media they don't name the victim, do not give out her address, the name of her foster home, or her school info.
But, the perpetrator was publically tried, and sentenced in a public court. That info is supposed to be part of the public record and available to the public.
I have never heard of the perpetrators info being protected by the court.
Who is this guy and why is he being protected? We have read of lots of these cases in court- the victims names are not given- but the perps names always are.
When was this guy sentenced, how long a sentence, will he be going onto the sex offender database?

The story is that this guy abused and photographed his adopted daughter in the worst possible way. Giving his name to the public will only serve to make her immediately identifiable to everyone.

Some people can be very sympathetic ... others ... do you want to know how cruel people can be under these circumstances? I tell you what I actually witnessed happen ... How about calling the school and telling them that the refuse to let their child ride the bus with the female victim ... Or be in the same class ... Or go around the neighborhood make sure all the other parents and children know that the child was possibly abused ... or encourage other parents to have their children ostracize the victim.

This is not a case of protecting the perpetrator, but protecting the victim's identity.

I agree golf mom. Maybe he was arrested inconspicuously and without a huge ordeal, therfore the girl was quietly removed from her home and sent to live with the foster parent. She is probably coping and they would hate to stir things up by releasing information that would make the "Disney case" a huge ordeal, bringing attention to her and disrupting whatever normalcy she has now.

I am soooooo glad she was found and sooo happy to hear he had been saved. I worried what would have happened to her when she got too old or old enought o fight back.

While I agree with the reasoning of not wanted to hurt the child, or having people know who she is, I don't agree with the fact that he basically gets a free pass to remain anonymous.

There had to be SOMEONE that knew something a LONG time ago.
And as someone else pointed out, it is public record.

Hope I don't ruffle anyones feathers about this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back