Found Deceased PA - Nalani Johnson, 2, Penn Hills Boro, Allegheny County, 31 Aug 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
About the house...
  • There was a heavy police presence there
  • LE taped it off
  • The house was searched
  • LE was seen removing items
Police Confirm Nalani Johnson Found Dead In Blairsville
Law enforcement taped off a house in the area of the park and was seen removing items from the residence.

Report: Abducted toddler found dead in Indiana County Park
In this video, the reporter says there is also a heavy police presence at a house along Route 22.

Kidnapped Penn Hills toddler found dead in Indiana County | TribLIVE.com
State police blocked the entrance to Pine Ridge Park in Burrell Township on Tuesday while the park was searched along with a residence off Route 22, about three miles east of Blairsville, for 2-year-old Nalani Johnson, who was abducted Saturday.

Her body was discovered around 1:30 p.m., state police Trooper Steve Limani said, though he did not disclose whether it was found at the park or the nearby residence.

1623467_web1_GTR-Kidnapping-06-090419.jpg
1623467_web1_GTR-Kidnapping-01-090419.jpg
Never mind, I found the date and time of the article.

SEP 4, 2019
NALANI JOHNSON: Community pulling together to make sure Nalani Johnson's memory lives on forever
[...]

A makeshift memorial is already growing in the park, but people are hoping to create something more permanent.

"We have a donation of a marble bench from Shoemaker Monuments, we also had Ferguson Funeral Home offer a discounted bench and the VFW offer to pay for that bench," Danielle Bouy said.

There's even an online petition circulating to get the park renamed in Nalani's memory.

"I feel like the park shouldn’t be remembered for something bad. It should be remembered and celebrated like she should be celebrated," Bouy said.

[...]

Last edited:
SEP 4, 2019
Nalani Johnson’s mother says father threatened violence, according to court papers | TribLIVE.com
[...]

Nalani’s body was found in a wooded area behind homes off the eastbound lanes of Route 22 in Pine Ridge Park, according to authorities. The results of Nalani’s autopsy were not yet available, a spokesman for the Indiana County Coroner Jerry Overman said Wednesday.

JK lives near where Nalani’s body was found. She said that police had told her husband, MK, that a car drove between her mobile home and the neighbor’s house before the girl was taken into the woods. JK said they told investigators they did not see anything different on their property and were not aware that anyone’s car had come onto the property.

“I could not believe it,” JK said Wednesday.

JK said that she saw the large police presence along the highway when she came home at 4 p.m. Tuesday and hoped it wasn’t for Nalani.

“I was just hoping it was not here. Who would have known they (someone with the child) would have gone back here,” so far from Pittsburgh, JK said, referring to the woods behind her home.

[...]

(Names changed to initials by me)

I don’t know anything about the park she was found in but is it possible she could thought nalani would be found sooner? So she leaves her there alive, tells police the story about her being sold, thinking she’s covering herself. When the baby is found alive everyone would think the “traffickers “ left her in the park? And dad goes down too?

Either way we know she’s evil because if that child died from dehydration, she had every chance to tell the police where she left her.

IMO, By leaving Nalani where she did, and not telling LE where she was...she wanted that child to die. This was no accident, mistake, or misunderstanding.

We need to hope it’s Allegheny County that “wins” jurisdiction. Indiana doesn’t have the experience to handle it. From your experience, what is the factors in deciding jurisdiction? Time of from the autopsy?

Indiana county would be far less generous than Allegheny when it comes to sentencing.

i would say in hours.

I did a quick initial Google search and adults can survive 8-21 days.... again, per quick Google search. Then it started to get into so many variables re: children that in my layman knowledge got too complicated and so many unknowns, at least for me:
- height
- weight
- any medical conditions
- timing of last ingested water or meal
- environmental considerations, etc.

Indiana is far more conservative and faces a much smaller court/institutional backlog than Allegheny.
Good info, thank you. But they won’t have the same type of pressure and publicity to bring to justice. Nor do they have the experience for conviction. Just IMO based on living here, quick searching of stats between the two counties and the CVs of the two DAs.
As someone else pointed out, FBI field office is also in Allegheny County so that may play into it too.
Question, not sure if you know..... will the fact Nancy is in Allegheny County jail play into this?

Well, here's the thing - what if, she really told the truth and gave Nalani to someone? This hit the news somewhat early, if she really did what she says she did, the person who had Nalani could have gotten scared and left her in the park. Or she might have left Nalani at the park for someone to pick her up. Just saying... because why leave the baby in the park?

Well, here's the thing - what if, she really told the truth and gave Nalani to someone? This hit the news somewhat early, if she really did what she says she did, the person who had Nalani could have gotten scared and left her in the park. Or she might have left Nalani at the park for someone to pick her up. Just saying... because why leave the baby in the park?
Another plausible theory for sure. Good thinking. LD keeping so much close to their vests, as they should at this point, means a lot of possible scenarios.

LE located Nalani's body by following the 'pings' from Nancy's phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon