PA PA - Ray Gricar, 59, Bellefonte, 15 April 2005 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard of hangings deep in the woods where one hangs themselves up high in the trees and is not discovered or is overlooked in searches. mOO

That is a possibility and something that happened, in Lewisburg. A minister, Jose Rosa, accused of child molestation left his Lewisburg home and was seen walking near the Penitentiary. He hung himself in the woods. However, in about 11 months, his remains were found.

I have heard of hangings deep in the woods where one hangs themselves up high in the trees and is not discovered or is overlooked in searches. mOO

That is a possibility and something that happened, in Lewisburg. A minister, Jose Rosa, accused of child molestation left his Lewisburg home and was seen walking near the Penitentiary. He hung himself in the woods. However, in about 11 months, his remains were found.
I failed to find an article to link, but I recall that skeleton was found deep in the woods out near the west coast several years ago. A revolver was found nearby, and the cause of death was gunshot wound to the head that was thought to be self-inflicted. I believe that they made a tentative identification of the man, and it was someone who had been missing for decades.

I failed to find an article to link, but I recall that skeleton was found deep in the woods out near the west coast several years ago. A revolver was found nearby, and the cause of death was gunshot wound to the head that was thought to be self-inflicted. I believe that they made a tentative identification of the man, and it was someone who had been missing for decades.

I am not familiar with that particular case, but I have heard of one in Germany.

I am not familiar with that particular case, but I have heard of one in Germany.
I think it's a fairly common scenario. This one was unusual because of the amount of time that had elapsed. I want to say that this guy had been missing since the 1920s or the 1930s, so he had apparently picked a very remote spot.

As we start a new year, I'm hoping most of all that '21 will be the year we have answers about what happened to Ray Gricar.

It's still such a sad mystery for me, personally. He did so much for justice, but what has been done for him since 2015, let's say?
The case dropped off the face of the earth, but not for me. I think about him and pray for him every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther