Found Deceased PA - White Haven, 'Beth Doe' & Unborn Baby 169UFPA, 16-22, Dec'76 *Evelyn Colon* *Arrest* #3

Not sure if this article was posted: PressReader.com - Your favorite newspapers and magazines.

If you read through it (I can't c+p) one of his neighbours said "I'm sorry for him. He's a very nice guy. Maybe in the past he was bad but I don't see that in him now" and another said "He's such a sweet guy". I have no words, honestly. Someone who can murder and dismember their girlfriend and their near term baby and then remarry, have children and act like nothing happened is an absolute monster. She was an innocent child.

These quotes were so infuriating.

Not sure if this article was posted: PressReader.com - Your favorite newspapers and magazines.

If you read through it (I can't c+p) one of his neighbours said "I'm sorry for him. He's a very nice guy. Maybe in the past he was bad but I don't see that in him now" and another said "He's such a sweet guy". I have no words, honestly. Someone who can murder and dismember their girlfriend and their near term baby and then remarry, have children and act like nothing happened is an absolute monster. She was an innocent child.
Psychopaths and narcissists often wear that "nice guy" mask so the outside world doesn't suspect a thing. But the reality behind that mask is very ugly. Those people clearly didn't get to know him very well. If they did, I'm sure they would have seen many red flags.

I remember coverage of this case saying that the dismemberment was done with a certain amount of skill.

I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere, but what did the suspect do for a living?
I'm not sure what he did but he was only 18 years old when he committed the murder so I wonder if he had help? The suitcases containing her body appeared to have been thrown from a moving car so possibly someone helped him dismember and dispose?

I'm not sure what he did but he was only 18 years old when he committed the murder so I wonder if he had help? The suitcases containing her body appeared to have been thrown from a moving car so possibly someone helped him dismember and dispose?
I saw people younger doing horrible crimes being only 18 doesn’t mean he needed help.
I believe he acted alone cuz he was pretty’s sloppy when he throw the suitcases ,neither of the 3 landed in water which I believe is what he wanted .

I saw people younger doing horrible crimes being only 18 doesn’t mean he needed help.
I believe he acted alone cuz he was pretty’s sloppy when he throw the suitcases ,neither of the 3 landed in water which I believe is what he wanted .
I don't mean 18 year olds aren't capable of murder or chopping someone up. I mean that there were theories that he threw the suitcases from a moving car so I was considering if he had help to dispose of the body, including the dismemberment. I think it's something to look at if he himself didn't have a job or background that would give him the skills to dismember a human body as well as he allegedly did. If he did indeed have that skills even at a very young age to do it on his own, it's scary to think what he's done between the age 0f 18 and 63.

Her grandmother described her as the most beautiful girl in the family with hazel-green eyes, light skin and long, long dark hair, she said. She always imagined an equally beautiful life for her long ago, lost daughter, Veltman said.

“Now, we know she didn’t leave,” she said. “She was killed. She was taken away from us.”

Her grave in rural Carbon County now bears her name. A block of wood with the name, Evelyn Colon, lays at the foot of a white cross reading Beth Doe. Flowers and a child’s toy also adorn the grave.

Veltman can’t express the gratitude her family has for all of the concern, caring and tears others shed for Evelyn and Emily Grace.
44-year wait over for Colon family who never lost hope

I don't mean 18 year olds aren't capable of murder or chopping someone up. I mean that there were theories that he threw the suitcases from a moving car so I was considering if he had help to dispose of the body, including the dismemberment. I think it's something to look at if he himself didn't have a job or background that would give him the skills to dismember a human body as well as he allegedly did. If he did indeed have that skills even at a very young age to do it on his own, it's scary to think what he's done between the age 0f 18 and 63.

It's definitely possible imo. Either he threw the suitcases out from a moving vehicle or he got out and threw them into the water. I think it would be difficult for someone to throw any suitcase out of a vehicle they were driving even if it was empty.

Do any of you believe that Luis know that her remains were found ? Like do you think he ever checked maybe not in 70s but later when the internet become available?

I know some posters were speculating that he lied about the baby's sex in the letter because he wanted to throw them off the right path if they heard about the pregnant girl's remains in Pennsylvania, because they'd hear "Beth Doe" was expecting a girl.

Here's an audio interview on Youtube with the brother, Luis. It even mentions that he and the sister moved to Carbon County!

Evelyn Colon's Family: We Never Stopped Looking For Her - YouTube

I'm not surprised that the boyfriend/murderer turned out to be the proverbial "nice guy". I don't even know why people even bother to say, "Oh, but he was such a nice guy!"

There are numerous theories about that, including the "mask" theory, mentioned above by Triss. For the most part, it could be that they come from areas, or groups, or situations, where there are volatile people or volatility and they are conditioned to act all nice and courteous so as not to set anyone else like themselves off.

In the end, they are still "nice" as they say, and I'd say that's a better "homicidal" indicator than psychopathology, not just because psychopathology is usually hidden but because I think it's overly prevalent compared to "empathology". So it narrows the candidate and suspect list more.

Very touching interview with her brother (who is a very impressive man, former police/security officer but also had a very successful second career as really famous salsa musician and producer, listen to his samples, lovely music!).
So the family never lost contact with Evelyn, her boyfriend was a neighbor boy she fell in love with. When she got pregnant, everybody was assured they will get married. So Evelyn was allowed to move in with Sierra, actually quite shortly before she disappeared. She asked her mom for a soup and when the mom brought it over 2 days later (!), the apartment was empty.
That is so tragic. She had a loving and caring family who was in contact with her until the very day she was killed.

My theory is that Evelyn wanted to move back with her mom (she may have requested the soup as alibi in order to openly talk to her mom) because Sierra was abusive and controlling and she was due to give birth soon.
Sierra got mad because she wanted to leave him. The rest we know.
Now we know that WSR 57 on her hand means Wiso Sierra 1957. I wonder if he "tagged" her as his property or whether she put the note as a clue for whoever will find her. I think she knew she would not survive.

Here's an audio interview on Youtube with the brother, Luis. It even mentions that he and the sister moved to Carbon County!

Evelyn Colon's Family: We Never Stopped Looking For Her - YouTube

I'm not surprised that the boyfriend/murderer turned out to be the proverbial "nice guy". I don't even know why people even bother to say, "Oh, but he was such a nice guy!"

There are numerous theories about that, including the "mask" theory, mentioned above by Triss. For the most part, it could be that they come from areas, or groups, or situations, where there are volatile people or volatility and they are conditioned to act all nice and courteous so as not to set anyone else like themselves off.

In the end, they are still "nice" as they say, and I'd say that's a better "homicidal" indicator than psychopathology, not just because psychopathology is usually hidden but because I think it's overly prevalent compared to "empathology". So it narrows the candidate and suspect list more.

Very touching interview with her brother (who is a very impressive man, former police/security officer but also had a very successful second career as really famous salsa musician and producer, listen to his samples, lovely music!).
So the family never lost contact with Evelyn, her boyfriend was a neighbor boy she fell in love with. When she got pregnant, everybody was assured they will get married. So Evelyn was allowed to move in with Sierra, actually quite shortly before she disappeared. She asked her mom for a soup and when the mom brought it over 2 days later (!), the apartment was empty.
That is so tragic. She had a loving and caring family who was in contact with her until the very day she was killed.

My theory is that Evelyn wanted to move back with her mom (she may have requested the soup as alibi in order to openly talk to her mom) because Sierra was abusive and controlling and she was due to give birth soon.
Sierra got mad because she wanted to leave him. The rest we know.
Now we know that WSR 57 on her hand means Wiso Sierra 1957. I wonder if he "tagged" her as his property or whether she put the note as a clue for whoever will find her. I think she knew she would not survive.
RBBM. I missed this. Do we know for sure that’s what it meant? Interesting if so!

Apr. 14—A New York man accused of a 44-year-old murder took his first steps in the Pennsylvania court system Tuesday afternoon.

Luis A. Sierra, 63, of Ozone Park, New York, who was charged by Pennsylvania State Police at Fern Ridge with a first degree felony for homicide on March 31, attended his preliminary arraignment before Magisterial District Judge Joseph Homanko, Weatherly. Prior to that he was awaiting extradition from New York.
New York man arraigned in 1976 Evelyn Colon homicide

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan