Pastor's wife, 65, buys pistol from gun shop, shoots herself dead in parking lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless there is a MSM report that links this to a gun control issue, please get off the subject as it is off topic and disrupting the discussion.

God bless and keep you, dear woman, and may you be radiant in His presence right this moment, now and forever. And may your husband be comforted and held in God's Hands during his grief.

I think:
~She was going to suicide;
~She chose a fairly sure fire method;
~She chose a place that absolutely NO suspicion could ever be brought on to her husband, or children.
~She chose to suicide in the car in the parking lot directly after purchasing the weapon, and saw that as a gift she could give to those around her (see above, but also cars are disposable, no home memories would be tainted, no accidental grandchildren finding her, etc).

Again, God bless and keep her family at this tormenting time.

Best-
Herding Cats

Even so. We'll never know how she would have felt a week from now.

We don't know how she would have felt a week later, but she may have known how she would feel, she had lived a fair while and likely knew herself. She sounds like a wise woman.

God bless and keep you, dear woman, and may you be radiant in His presence right this moment, now and forever. And may your husband be comforted and held in God's Hands during his grief.

I think:
~She was going to suicide;
~She chose a fairly sure fire method;
~She chose a place that absolutely NO suspicion could ever be brought on to her husband, or children.
~She chose to suicide in the car in the parking lot directly after purchasing the weapon, and saw that as a gift she could give to those around her (see above, but also cars are disposable, no home memories would be tainted, no accidental grandchildren finding her, etc).

Again, God bless and keep her family at this tormenting time.

Best-
Herding Cats

In addition to these reasons, I'll add she chose what most think is the quickest and hopefully least painful manner of death.

I am very sad about this. I always thought once you get to your 60's you would have all the issues figured out. How foolish of me.

We may never find out why she chose this, there may have been no note, there may be requests to keep it private from here on out. I do wonder if there were some health issues, that would make it make more sense. Don Cornelius (Soul Train) chose for health issues. That still saddens me. I have to stop being so idealistic at times.

Bless this woman's soul and her family. Let them find peace and understanding, and know that she loved them.

I am very sad for her and her family. I think she must of been fighting something deeply inside her. Why she did it outside so quickly, maybe she just wanted to be done with it. Hope she rest in peace.

I only read half the comments, apparently the ones who do not understand depression which is a serious disease. People talking about how she SHOULD have killed herself???
Imlying she did not talk to God in 2012?
Seriously, if you truly can't understand this, if you have never felt this way, you should get on your knees and thank God or whoever you believe in. It's a place you NEVER want to go.

If her MESSAGE was about GUN CONTROL then I am pretty darn sure she would have written a LONG and detailed suicide note explaining that!!!!!!

Has there been any MSM report about a long and detailed suicide note that explained she took her own life, blew her own brains out, as a way to make a statement about gun ownership??? If there has been please POST THE LINK!

I think the mods need to get involved here. Implying this woman took her own life as a ploy to support the political opinions of some posters seems not right to me. Not right at ALL! The woman is dead and her family is grieving and it is NOT something to be used as a political ploy unless you can PROVE it was a political ploy.

Excuse me!

I was making a statement that in fact, I did NOT believe this poor woman's suicide was in any way a political comment.

Will you PLEASE, for the love of God, stop accusing me of saying things I DID NOT say?

Please? Can you do that?

Can the mods review posts that attack other posters without merit?

Ugh. Get a freaking grip.

Unless there is a MSM report that links this to a gun control issue, please get off the subject as it is off topic and disrupting the discussion.

bump!

folks... you had best do what Kimster has asked. Thanks so much

No. Of course not! Did you read Sonya's comment?
"I doubt that it was a spur of the moment thing. The lady was in her sixties, had several children and was very religious. I am sure at her age, having had all of those kids and dealt with church folks and countless problems for over a half century she would not freak out and over-react to a temporary problem.
She sounds like a very stable person, I am sure she thought this out well and considered it carefully."

Obviously, she was in deep despair. (Perhaps a health issue although it's none of our business.) I was saying it was a private matter that has unfortunately become very public.

I hope noone else misread my intent.

Oh, yes, I read Sonya's comment and subsequent attack on me.

I was actually AGREEING that this poor woman was not making some kind of political anti-gun statement as she ended her life.

What I disagreed with is Sonya's statement that she seemed stable.

IMHO, stable people do not kill themselves with a gunshot to the head. Or any other method, really.

Maybe SONYA can supply some links to support her claim that suicide is a totally stable, healthy thing to do. After all she attacked my post, which she obviously misread, and demanded links from me proving things I did not say.

:(.

Seriously. Please read before attacking. :(

bump!

folks... you had best do what Kimster has asked. Thanks so much

Sorry Nurse.

I just checked in after 24 hours and find my posts attacked like that, yet still standing. I thought I would be allowed at least as much freedom. :(

If her MESSAGE was about GUN CONTROL then I am pretty darn sure she would have written a LONG and detailed suicide note explaining that!!!!!!

Has there been any MSM report about a long and detailed suicide note that explained she took her own life, blew her own brains out, as a way to make a statement about gun ownership??? If there has been please POST THE LINK!

I think the mods need to get involved here. Implying this woman took her own life as a ploy to support the political opinions of some posters seems not right to me. Not right at ALL! The woman is dead and her family is grieving and it is NOT something to be used as a political ploy unless you can PROVE it was a political ploy.

You are the only one implying any such thing and are also stirring the pot by accusing others of doing what you are quite obviously doing. Please let it go. Sometimes people are just sad and don't want to go on. It has nothing to do with your blooming gun rights, for pity's sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike