Ping Map for June 19, 2008 - Discuss that day only

Has this particular ping/area been explored/searched (I recommend using MSN Live Search for a very clear picture)? It's set apart from all her other pings, is remote with easy access, and just to the west is a contained body of water (no having to worry about water flow, etc)...

I think that's Lake Underhill.

Did you check in the sticky threads for the June 19 pings thread?

Has this particular ping/area been explored/searched (I recommend using MSN Live Search for a very clear picture)? It's set apart from all her other pings, is remote with easy access, and just to the west is a contained body of water (no having to worry about water flow, etc)...
mom_of_five, I've moved your thread from the main board up here where you had originally asked a question about June 19th.

Isn't there a landfill in the Lake Underhill area that the Lake Vaj guys told us should be checked? I seem to recall that from the thread where we were talking to them and one of the guys said there was a landfill nearby them that needed to be checked out.

OK...this thread's kinda diverging from 6/19...lemme see if I can answer some of the topics surfacing from the merge to bring it back around...here 'tgoes...

1) Lake Underhill.

IMHO, the Pipitone stuff just kinda skims the surface - which is about all you can do in an article as short as they hafta write. FWIW, the 3hr+ period described in the article begins w/ a ping near the Waterford Ale House & Fusian area and ends with a ping near the Amscot area. Lake Underhill Rd runs east well beyond the lake itself.

FYI Lake Underhill itself as a search location consider the following: http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2624833&postcount=318 Joseph Jordan indicated it would be searched. I do not recall receiving confirmation that it was. If you have a passion regarding this location you may want to PM him for some follow-up.

2) Ping 13.

Yes...lucky 13 :) This one has received attention although not in the media.

3) The Young Pine Landfill

YP Landfill is not in the same area as Lake Underhill. The YP Landfill is east of the Anthony home which is near where Lake Vaj is located. You'll find it marked on some of the ping maps w/a red icon.

Hope that helps.

Thank you. I didn't think so, but was confused when that statement was made. So that brings me back to my original inquiry...why has this area not been searched? :waitasec:

It was being searched last weekend. I'm awaiting some feedback from a local on the details.

http://www.local6.com/news/17979179/detail.html?rss=orlpn&psp=news

According to Tony Pipitone's ping database, this is where the cell phone dead zones are.

On June 19, Anthony's phone pinged near her boyfriend's apartment at 4:54 p.m., then her movements head south and east, according to cell phone pings, Pipitone said. "Heading east and hitting (a) cell tower on Lake Underhill Road ... but from here, her cell phone goes dead for three hours and 17 minutes. Where could she have gone in that time?" Pipitone said.

The last ping from the Lake Underhill tower was at 5:45 p.m., and the phone then went silent until a ping near her boyfriend's apartment. She then called her parents' home at 9:13 p.m., and there's no indication where Anthony was during the time frame.

Based on the interview with Chris S. and the pattern of cell pings on the 17th and the 18th, it is almost certain that KC was at Chris's house for the bulk of the missing time on the 19th. Also note that there were thunderstorms and rain in that area during this time, so it is unlikely this window is when KC dumped the body.

Thank you. I didn't think so, but was confused when that statement was made. So that brings me back to my original inquiry...why has this area not been searched? :waitasec:

Yes, ping 13 is the one that made me think this was the time period that KC dumped the body, as outlined in this thread here.

The only thing I have had difficulty reconciling on this date is when the visit to Crane's Landing Apartments takes place during the day, per Matt C.'s interview. It certainly could have happened between 4 and 5 PM. The reason why I am puzzled is that there are texts and a call exchanged with Matt C. earlier in the afternoon, presumably to arrange the visit. However, there is no follow-up with AL, which surprises me a little. I suppose when she gets back to the apartment around 4:00, he is there and she tells him they can stop by anytime. She cleans up, they head out. When they get back she borrows the jeep and visits Chris S.

Ping #13 3:07pm was to Matt *****
So I assumed it was when Tony & Casey were going to looking at Crane Landing Apts
But of course we need follow up to try and confirm time with Matthew *****.
Tony interview was vague about the exact time also

What is that area that she keeps going to, for example ping 19. It seems like there is some wooded area and 2 different lakes! It seems like she was going between there and ping 11 area quite frequently through the day.

I believe the following timeline works with the pings, interviews, and forensic evidence. I am leaving the "area of interest" vague for now until Bond gets confirmation that it has been searched.

Midnight to 2:50:00 PM
At AL or at least very close (could go to Target, for example). During early afternoon texts Matt C. to find out if he has any open apartments. Matt C. calls her back, says he does and will be around all afternoon. AL may not be home yet from school (last class is 1:00, but sometimes he stays to get additional work done).
2:50:00 PM to 3:05:00 PM
Drive her car (Pontiac) to "area of interest". From AL's this would normally take less than 10 minutes, but she is not familiar with the back roads there, so she takes a route from the south that she is familiar with.

KC sends text to Matt C. - perhaps firming plans to see apartment. This text pings tower 48, supporting the notion she entered the "area of interest" from the south along a familiar route.
3:05:00 PM to 3:35:00 PM
Hide body. I have my doubts that the body was left in water at this location. Good images of the location indicate that getting to the water requires walking through a fair amount of marshy growth. I do not see Casey doing that while carrying a body that has already leaked fluids into her trunk. Rather, I think she found a spot next to the road with an opening into the woods that would allow her to hide the body in those woods under brush without having to carry the body too far.

Matt C. responds to KC text. KC does not have any outgoing texts or calls during this time.
3:35:00 PM to 3:50:00 PM
Drive back to AL using same route she came in.
3:50:00 PM to 4:35:00 PM
At AL. Cleans up. Discusses looking at new apartment, saying she has confirmed with Matt C. that an apartment is available and he can show it too them that afternoon. Also posts message on Facebook at 3:57, so may have been back at AL's even earlier.
4:35:00 PM to 4:40:00 PM
Drive from AL to Crane's Landing, probably in Jeep.
4:40:00 PM to 4:50:00 PM
Meet Matt / introductions / catch up small-talk / check IDs.
4:50:00 PM to 5:00:00 PM
Matt shows AL apartment. KC does not have her ID with her, so she has to wait. During this time she gets two texts from Sean H. and sends one reply.
5:00:00 PM to 5:10:00 PM
Discuss interest in apartment / say goodbyes. Of course the above set of details regarding the visit and specific amount of time is speculative, it seems reasonable in light of the fact KC went to high school with Matt and had not seen him in a while.
5:10:00 PM to 5:15:00 PM
Drive back to AL
5:15:00 PM to 5:20:00 PM
Gets purse / ID from apt. and borrows AL's Jeep. AL's interviews do not mention this. It would be interesting to know what she told AL as to the reason why she wanted to borrow it.
5:20:00 PM to 5:50:00 PM
Drive to Chris S. Normally 20 mins, but I speculate that she takes a detour through "area of interest" just to be sure no one saw her and called police. This adds 10 minutes to the drive.

It also means she takes a back route to Chris S., driving down the S. Econlockhatchee Trail. This places her far enough east to have her cell phone ping tower 38, which I think had to happen enroute, about 5 minutes from Chris S.
5:50:00 PM to 8:00:00 PM
At Chris S. His interview says she was there 1.5 to 2 hours. I believe it was 2 hours or perhaps a little longer. The reason is that thunderstorms start in the area around 6:45 PM, and this tapers to light rain about 8:00 PM. I think she waited for the weather to ease up before leaving. Turns cell phone off when she arrives.
8:00:00 PM to 8:15:00 PM
Drive to area of interest. After she leaves Chris S., she could have gone directly back to AL's. The ping at 9:02 PM from tower 46 could have occurred at his apartment.
However, I think she once again drove to the area of interest. Originally I felt she would have done this to perhaps improve the way in which she hid the body. However, it would have been quite wet and sloppy due to the thunderstorms. It may have still been raining lightly at that time.

So, at the risk of being very controversial, I think she simply sat in the jeep near the spot she left the body, and thought about what had happened over the past three days. If there was any time that she was alone, could have felt sad and perhaps said goodbye, this was it. Sunset was 8:25 PM and twilight 8:52 PM, at which point she finished whatever mourning she may have done.
8:55:00 PM to 9:10:00 PM
Drive from area of interest to AL. Turns cell phone back on. Ping tower 46 as she drives up Goldenrod.
9:10:00 PM to Onward
At AL.
In support of the above, note that Matt C. is on the witness list but Chris S. is not. I believe this is because Matt C's testimony will help LE establish the time in which Caylee's body is dumped, whereas Chris S's will not. While her driving to his house in AL's jeep provides food for interesting speculation, it had nothing to do with dumping the body.

So she hid the body with her car and checks on it in TonE's? Interesting that TonE didn't mention that she had his car this night? and she had it for quite awhile. Did he know she had it? Did she steal it? She also had her phone off so no texting or talking to him? which is weird for her..

Are you saying that she hid the body using her car or TonE's ? Interesting that TonE didn't mention that she had his car this night? and she had it for quite awhile. Did he know she had it? Did she steal it?

No, she drove the Pontiac to hide the body. I clarified this just now in my post. Also, I said she borrowed AL's Jeep. I'm sure he loaned it, it just did not come up in the interviews we have seen.

No, she drove the Pontiac to hide the body. I clarified this just now in my post. Also, I said she borrowed AL's Jeep. I'm sure he loaned it, it just did not come up in the interviews we have seen.
Well good theory.I hope we find out how/why she had the car. It doesn't seem as though he wanted her driving his car so I am curious how she had it.....

Chris S. stated in his interview that she drove it, so it is not exactly a theory. Also, he had no problem with her driving it while he was in NY. He handed her the keys.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back