POLL- Who do you think is responsible for Haleigh's Disappearance?

Who is responsible for Haleigh's Disappearance

• Bio Mom Crystal or her family

Votes: 20 5.3%
  • Bio Dad Ron and his Girlfriend Misty

Votes: 62 16.3%
  • Bio Dad Ron acting alone

Votes: 6 1.6%
  • Girlfriend Misty acting Alone

Votes: 24 6.3%
  • Girlfriend Misty due to not being there

Votes: 89 23.4%
  • A relative or associate of Ron's without his knowledge

Votes: 41 10.8%
  • I have no idea

Votes: 116 30.5%
  • Random Person Not Associated

Votes: 22 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What about just a random intruder??? Why does the person who took her have to be associated with her dad?

I vote random person not associated.

me too. please revise the poll responses so we can answer.

I am the only vote for random person not associated. Maybe I'm just not following this as closely as I should. Unfortunately for Haleigh, all of the players in this one are poorly educated and sketchy. IMO, this does not equal guilt. I look back at the girl (name escapes me) stolen from her bed in the night, sister witnessed the abduction but didn't come forward for several days out of fear, child found alive months later, had been taken by a man who had been a one time contract painter at the house. I know it is rare, but not unheard of. With Misty asleep, it would have been unbelievably easy to steal a sleeping child. I just can't see any of these players as the culprit, but with tensions growing by the minute, it is gonna get really ugly before its over!

Usually after a couple of weeks we have a pretty good idea who may or may not be involved, usually. In this case, I can say I have no more of an idea as to who took Haleigh now, as I had when the story first broke.

Usually after a couple of weeks we have a pretty good idea who may or may not be involved, usually. In this case, I can say I have no more of an idea as to who took Haleigh now, as I had when the story first broke.
I agree. At this point, the things that keep going through my head are "society", "a flawed system", "the state of Florida."

To me they are all responsible, Haleigh is a young child and they all failed to make sure she was safe...

I vote for no idea. Maybe a good place to start would be to dissect the many inconsistencies (AKA lies).

Ron - was at work

Misty - IMO too dumb to pull this off. However, I don't believe she was there when H was taken. I can't think of a reason she would do this, and I can't imagine her planning it.

Crystal - possibly to get revenge on R

Stranger - What kidnapper would leave a light on and the door propped open?

Relative - ditto

SO - ditto

This needs to be re-polled. The options changed after the poll began and people couldn't vote for what they wanted. This poll now has bias.

I realize this is not a popular stance with many.

IMO Haleigh's safety and well-being is the duty and reponsibility of the parent who had possession of her. This happened on Ron's watch.

If this had happened while she was on visitation with Crystal- the duty and responsibility would lie on her shoulders. Even if she had left Haleigh in the care of someone else.

Well, I voted for Ron and Misty being responsible, but I believe Ron did the actual act and Misty helped cover it up/clean up... she basically did what she was told... or else!

I agree with you 100% and have thought this from the start. IMO he is very very hinky and she is very very scared of him. I just don't like the looks and behavior of this guy.

I am the only vote for random person not associated. Maybe I'm just not following this as closely as I should. Unfortunately for Haleigh, all of the players in this one are poorly educated and sketchy. IMO, this does not equal guilt. I look back at the girl (name escapes me) stolen from her bed in the night, sister witnessed the abduction but didn't come forward for several days out of fear, child found alive months later, had been taken by a man who had been a one time contract painter at the house. I know it is rare, but not unheard of. With Misty asleep, it would have been unbelievably easy to steal a sleeping child. I just can't see any of these players as the culprit, but with tensions growing by the minute, it is gonna get really ugly before its over!

But you have to admit, the painter was, although fleetingly, familiar with the movements, or patterns of the family and the layout of the house.

I realize this is not a popular stance with many.

IMO Haleigh's safety and well-being is the duty and reponsibility of the parent who had possession of her. This happened on Ron's watch.

If this had happened while she was on visitation with Crystal- the duty and responsibility would lie on her shoulders. Even if she had left Haleigh in the care of someone else.

Yup. That's why I said I thought he should shoulder some of the blame here.

This needs to be re-polled. The options changed after the poll began and people couldn't vote for what they wanted. This poll now has bias.

The question and the field of choices is flawed.

what happened to intruder associated through Misty???

How can anyone blame Misty even if she did leave the door unlocked?

Who do I think is responsible for Haleigh's disappearance? Well, my common sense tells me this. The only people that would benefit from Haleigh's disappearance is on the biological mom's side....including the Griffis side. They would be the only one that would want Haleigh's disappearance....in my mind.

Couple of things below from Baker County Florida:

Crystal Sheffield - False Report To Law Authorities (She has no problem lying to authorities)
Chad Griffis - Hellen Griffis (X Wife) filed an injunction for protection on him in May 2006 and it wasn't released until November 2008. That's serious to have an injunction active for so long. He has children with her.

All of these are posted at the Baker County Florida Sheriffs Department online

Also the state of Florida on Ron's behalf filed for back child support of 4100.00 to Crystal Sheffield. Ron and Crystal received their letter in the mail the day before Haleigh was missing.

I have never thought Ron or Misty had anything to do with Haleigh's disappearance. Also, why did Crystal disappear just before the person got there to take her DNA? What's up with that? Makes no sense. Did she sell that video tape to the News? I wonder that also.

Well time will tell. I really believe it's either Crystal and Chad or someone they know that has taken Haleigh. I'm also thinking there is a good chance she is alive.

Just my opinion.

I voted, I have no idea.
I am so confused. Here again another case where there are so many conflicting stories. What throws me off is the fact that Misty did call 911 right away and the father and family are crying out for Haleigh's return. I get emotional when I see the father cry for his little girl, the grandmother and the aunts. Misty looks like she is out of it half the time and Crystal(Bio-mom) looks to calm. I to thought at first that maybe it was the Bio-mom who came and took the child because she was protecting her or just wanted her back. But then I started thinking why not take the Jr. as well. "IMO", I do not believe that is was a stranger that took Haleigh. Another fact is Haleigh's shirt. It was found by Misty in the laundry basket by the back door which is where she said the brick was. Someone had to of changed the child before she left, if that is the case Haleigh knew who took her or she would of screamed "IMO". I understand that LE needs to keep tight lipped about the investigation, but how is anyone going to help search for this child if there are no clues as to where she is or if she is alive?

Boldings above are mine. I agree with you, MADJGNLAW. I started thinking what if the original plan was for the abductor(s) to take both children, but instead took only take Haleigh since she was in a separate bed, while Jr was sleeping with Misty.
Maybe Haleigh took off her own shirt when she went to bed. Some kids would toss it on the floor, but some might be "grownup" about using the laundry basket. If Misty was busy with washing the blanket she may not have noticed that Haleigh went to bed without the shirt.
Also, if Misty was preoccupied with the blanket and was very tired, possibly she herself accidently left the light on. Someone may have been able to look in the window and see that everyone was asleep.
Whoever took this child must have been in that trailer before and knew the layout and knew the family's schedule. All this leads me to think that this could have been a poorly conceived plan against RC. Revenge? Ploy for custody? Ploy to get out of paying child support?
I think that this was either a faked kidnapping arranged by someone on the bio-mom's side of the family or a crime of opportunity by a predator that knew the family.
We have been told the back door was always locked, but have we heard anything about the front door? If it was not locked, someone might have come in and unlocked the back door, and an accomplice propped it open. This would make sense if the original plan was to take both children. There would have been a hasty exit and they wouldn't have bothered to turn off the light or close the door.

Ploy for custody....you hit the nail on the head. I also think the Bio mom's side has Haleigh, going from here to there....possibly hiding out somewhere.....

Just my opinion....fake kidnapping is RIGHT!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kakkilynn
Back