Possible Victim: Jessica Taylor, 20, found Manorville July 2003 & Gilgo Beach Mar 2011

What I find interesting about the Jessica Taylor case is that she was not reported missing in New York, but in Washington, D.C. and no one in New York identified her, but rather Washington, D.C. detectives did. She was reported missing in Washington, D.C. by another prostitute in June 2003 but is said to have been spotted by the Port Authority in NY in mid July. My first question is, who exactly spotted her near the Port Authority and why didn't this person report her missing or identify her body? My second question is how did she get from Washington, D.C. to NY and why didnt she tell the prostitute who reported her missing where she was going? I have read that she worked several places up and down the east coast, but how did she navigate them? Did she work trucks? Did she travel by bus? How was she going from one place to the next? Unfortunately I only have questions, not answers.

What I find interesting about the Jessica Taylor case is that she was not reported missing in New York, but in Washington, D.C. and no one in New York identified her, but rather Washington, D.C. detectives did. She was reported missing in Washington, D.C. by another prostitute in June 2003 but is said to have been spotted by the Port Authority in NY in mid July. My first question is, who exactly spotted her near the Port Authority and why didn't this person report her missing or identify her body? My second question is how did she get from Washington, D.C. to NY and why didnt she tell the prostitute who reported her missing where she was going? I have read that she worked several places up and down the east coast, but how did she navigate them? Did she work trucks? Did she travel by bus? How was she going from one place to the next? Unfortunately I only have questions, not answers.

VERY good questions, unfortunately I have no answers.

I live in DC. DC and NYC are only 4 hours apart and people travel back and forth from here to there regularly and sometimes on a whim. I know people who will go up to New York dozens of times a year. Hordes of cheap buses run up there several times a day along with Amtrak (expensive) and airplanes (not worth the hassle for such a short trip and also expensive). But it also wouldn't be surprising if she just drove up herself or someone took her there in a car. Really, travel between the two cities is quite common, cheap, and easy. That there could be different branches of the same prostitution or drug rings operating all along the megalopolis (DC-Boston) corridor would not surprise me at all either.

Marsha-these are all very good questions. I didn't realize that the person who reported her missing was in DC. I knew that the police officer who identified her body (based on the tattoo) was from DC, but for some reason, I thought the person who made the report was in NYC.

Jessica was incarcerated at Rikers Island in NY for a month or two during the spring of 2003 (she went missing in July 2003). I believe that she went into Rikers in February and was released in April. Did she go back to DC, or stay in NY?

One of the things she was arrested for (not the last incident which landed her in Rikers-that was for punching a booking officer) was supposedly driving a stolen vehicle in East New York (part of Brooklyn). Perhaps she used this car to get herself back and forth between NY and DC? We know that Khalil a.k.a. Remy was busted in Atlantic City, and that Jessica had also worked in AC at some point. They traveled around together at one time, but I'm not sure when and how. She probably worked; he, being the sucking leech of a pimp that he is, probably took her money and booked bus tickets and/or train tickets.

Marsha-these are all very good questions. I didn't realize that the person who reported her missing was in DC. I knew that the police officer who identified her body (based on the tattoo) was from DC, but for some reason, I thought the person who made the report was in NYC.

Jessica was incarcerated at Rikers Island in NY for a month or two during the spring of 2003 (she went missing in July 2003). I believe that she went into Rikers in February and was released in April. Did she go back to DC, or stay in NY?

One of the things she was arrested for (not the last incident which landed her in Rikers-that was for punching a booking officer) was supposedly driving a stolen vehicle in East New York (part of Brooklyn). Perhaps she used this car to get herself back and forth between NY and DC? We know that Khalil a.k.a. Remy was busted in Atlantic City, and that Jessica had also worked in AC at some point. They traveled around together at one time, but I'm not sure when and how. She probably worked; he, being the sucking leech of a pimp that he is, probably took her money and booked bus tickets and/or train tickets.

It is my understanding that Ms. Taylor went directly to D.C. upon her release from Rikers. She was there for a while but things get cloudy when one tries to nail down a specific time table. From what I can gather, she was in D.C. until some time around the middle to last of June, when the other prostitute reported her missing. Someone saw her in NY around the Port Authority around the first to middle of July, then her torso was found later that month in Manorville.

I was just reading through the posts on this girl and I thought I'd say how impressed I was with some of the things you guys were able to come up with. To the person that managed to figure out who Remy was, very well done. I had been wondering about his identity for some time myself. There's something really unfortunate about this particular girl. I know the articles say she was estranged from her family, but I couldn't find any mention of a funeral or an obituary or anything. You'd think that even if your loved ones didn't approve of your personal choices, they'd come forward to say a few kind words on your behalf. I found nothing like that. She seemed troubled from what many of the news outlets have previously reported. Has anyone else found anything new on Jessica recently?

I was just reading through the posts on this girl and I thought I'd say how impressed I was with some of the things you guys were able to come up with. To the person that managed to figure out who Remy was, very well done. I had been wondering about his identity for some time myself. There's something really unfortunate about this particular girl. I know the articles say she was estranged from her family, but I couldn't find any mention of a funeral or an obituary or anything. You'd think that even if your loved ones didn't approve of your personal choices, they'd come forward to say a few kind words on your behalf. I found nothing like that. She seemed troubled from what many of the news outlets have previously reported. Has anyone else found anything new on Jessica recently?

Yeah, she was raped then dismembered on a plastic sheet in a cheap motel in Riverhead, then her body was dumped in the middle of the night in Manorville and the perp took her hands and head (identifying parts, dental & fingerprints) back home with him to oak beach and threw them into the brush like litter. The monster who did this is a free man and is enjoying(not really) his life in Florida. Hope that helps.

Yeah, she was raped then dismembered on a plastic sheet in a cheap motel in Riverhead, then her body was dumped in the middle of the night in Manorville and the perp took her hands and head (identifying parts, dental & fingerprints) back home with him to oak beach and threw them into the brush like litter. The monster who did this is a free man and is enjoying(not really) his life in Florida. Hope that helps.

Why the sarcasm?

Why the sarcasm?

Hmm. Im not sure. It's either because there is something about jessica taylor (she looked like she was about 15) and what he did to her that particularly bothers me, or because I was crabby this am because its my earthstrong and I am at work. (in short it had nothing to do with you or anything u said)

Hmm. Im not sure. It's either because there is something about jessica taylor (she looked like she was about 15) and what he did to her that particularly bothers me, or because I was crabby this am because its my earthstrong and I am at work. (in short it had nothing to do with you or anything u said)

I wasn't sure if it was something I had said. Fair enough.

Hi CMan! I haven't been able to find anything lately. I completely agree with you about Jessica. To me, she and Molly Dilts (one of the murder victims in AC) are particularly tragic. She was very, very young. I've never been able to find any family or specific mention of her hometown. She was only 20 when she died. It wasn't like she had been estranged for 10 years or more. It's very sad to me that her family hasn't ever spoken out about her or demanded justice for her murder. I'd like to know more about her too, but sadly, the information out there about her is very sparse. I do google Remy's name every now and then to see what comes up, in the hopes of finding more info about Jessica.

I'd also like to know the name of the woman who reported Jessica missing. I don't believe that it was Remy who made that report, but a fellow prostitute.

Hi CMan! I haven't been able to find anything lately. I completely agree with you about Jessica. To me, she and Molly Dilts (one of the murder victims in AC) are particularly tragic. She was very, very young. I've never been able to find any family or specific mention of her hometown. She was only 20 when she died. It wasn't like she had been estranged for 10 years or more. It's very sad to me that her family hasn't ever spoken out about her or demanded justice for her murder. I'd like to know more about her too, but sadly, the information out there about her is very sparse. I do google Remy's name every now and then to see what comes up, in the hopes of finding more info about Jessica.

I'd also like to know the name of the woman who reported Jessica missing. I don't believe that it was Remy who made that report, but a fellow prostitute.

Hey Marie. After going through a few of the links posted here by others, I believe I was able to locate Taylor's cousin, Nicole Vinson. In one of the links she comments on the murder at the bottom of the article using, I'm assuming, her real name. Remy then chimed in asking who she was and how she knew Jessica. And that if she had anything to do with the murder that he would track her down. Real classy guy. Anyways, after doing some digging I believe I was able to locate Vinson on Myspace. She lives in Wappingers Falls, NY, which is located next to Poughkeepsie. Many of the articles mention Taylor came from a small town (Wappingers Falls is actually a village) in upstate New York. This all seems to jive with the few details we know about Jessica. Very sad scenario. I hope they catch this guy ASAP.

Thank you! I saw that comment that Remy left to Nicole. He's a complete moron, IMO. He doesn't appear to be very literate, and he clearly couldn't properly read what she wrote-hence the threat.

I've been trying to find Nicole ever since I saw that comment. I was never able to figure out what town she was from. What you've found seems completely consistent with what we know about Jessica. It makes me sad that her family hasn't spoken out. I'd love to know more about where Jessica was living right before she vanished and who called in the disappearance. I'd love to know if anyone saw her getting into a car.

Thank you! I saw that comment that Remy left to Nicole. He's a complete moron, IMO. He doesn't appear to be very literate, and he clearly couldn't properly read what she wrote-hence the threat.

I've been trying to find Nicole ever since I saw that comment. I was never able to figure out what town she was from. What you've found seems completely consistent with what we know about Jessica. It makes me sad that her family hasn't spoken out. I'd love to know more about where Jessica was living right before she vanished and who called in the disappearance. I'd love to know if anyone saw her getting into a car.

We know from a Newsday article that Taylor was arrested in February of 2003 for being in possession of stolen property, in which she was accused of driving a stolen 1995 Chevy Cavalier. This occured in the "East New York" section of Brooklyn, according to the article. I'm not from NY, but after a quick search on PeopleFinders.com that cost me a whopping 97 cents, I was able to find (I believe) two addresses for her. One, of which, could have been her last known address. Here's what PeopleFinders gave me:

Jessica Taylor

Associated Names:
Jessica R Taylor
Jessica Taylor

ADDRESS 1:
4*4 Linwood St
Brooklyn, NY 11208

ADDRESS 2:
1*4 Hudson Ave Unit 4C2
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601

I don't want to reveal the entire addresses out of respect for the victim or if I'm actually wrong and this isn't the correct Jessica Taylor. Though I think it is. Can anyone with more knowledge of NYC than myself verify if Linwood Street would indeed fall under the parameters of the "East New York section" of Brooklyn?

Also, I just realized from yet another article that Taylor's family were tracked down by investigator's and were the ones who directly provided a DNA sample for comparison to the remains that were found in Manorville. Why haven't they come forward and said anything on her behalf or demanded justice for her? I find that odd.

I wish I knew more about NYC to tell you whether or not that address falls in East New York. I've only been to NY once, and that was as a tourist in Manhattan.

I was also thinking about how they obtained DNA. I figured that they just had it on file from one of her prior arrests. Isn't that how they obtained it? I didn't know that they tracked down her family. I was under the impression that a police officer from DC was the one who identified her. This officer knew her when she was arrested in DC. We've heard from all the other victims' families. The only people who've spoken out about her were her pimp and a police officer.

CMan: I did a search for all possible combos of that address on Linwood. It is in the East New York neighborhood of Brooklyn.

CMan: I did a search for all possible combos of that address on Linwood. It is in the East New York neighborhood of Brooklyn.

Thanks for looking into that, Marie. It could totally be another Jessica Taylor, but what caught my eye was both the Poughkeepsie address AND the Brooklyn address. But, of course, that doesn't prove it's her. Below is the link to the article that mentions how investigators tracked down her family to obtain DNA samples.

http://www.longislandpress.com/2010/07/01/long-islands-unidentified-murder-victims/

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann
Back