Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to marry in the spring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree Did no one tell her that they KEEP them for historical reasons???

So much for elegant finery eh?

rip, tear, holes. easy come, easy go??

Her Majesty will not be amused if it's torn.

I don't think Her Majesty cares much about that, if Meghan doesn't. It's up to her as to whether she wants to preserve things or just abandon that tradition. She should consider it, though. It could be a way to raise money in later years, for charity of course. Diana's historic wardrobe has raised a wonderful amount for her favorite charities.

Agree Did no one tell her that they KEEP them for historical reasons???

So much for elegant finery eh?

rip, tear, holes. easy come, easy go??

Her Majesty will not be amused if it's torn.

Makes me wonder what material the steps of the church are made of. Doubt it’s concrete. Maybe a quartz/granite. A very old church.

A little research on the Chapel. Built in the 1300’s. Concrete became widely used in the 1700’s. The steps, I’m guessing, are made of marble or granite. I dont think either would do much to harm the veil and I bet those steps were scrubbed for a week before then wedding.

Watching the replay now because I can’t make myself get up at 6 am [emoji23]

My thoughts so far:

Meghan is beautiful and I am in love with that super glamorous tiara!

Harry is very handsome in his uniform and gave her such looks of love and adoration.

Doria looked so nice and I just wanted to hug her for how emotional she was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think Her Majesty cares much about that, if Meghan doesn't. It's up to her as to whether she wants to preserve things or just abandon that tradition. She should consider it, though. It could be a way to raise money in later years, for charity of course. Diana's historic wardrobe has raised a wonderful amount for her favorite charities.

Oh, its not up to Meghan.

All Royal finery is kept archived. They have gowns going back many, many generations.

Trust me, the Queen will care very much.

They keep everything that is historical.

Just about when the Duchess got to the bottom of the church steps....both her and the Duke turned around and looked and the veil and up,the stairs...almost like in wonder,ent...where are the boys? I think someone at the top of the stairs told them not to carry the train/veil down the steps, yet the adults thought they would. I can understand let the couple shine but, the veil was dragged and snagged. I am sure some repair maybe able to be made but not totally. No matter Duchess of Sussex was beautiful and so very happy!

Bracelet was from the new Cartier collection. Per NBC.

Good article tells about her dress, veil, flowers and his uniform

Royal wedding 2018: Meghan Markle's Givenchy dress in detail

The bouquet

Prince Harry handpicked several flowers on Friday from their private garden at Kensington Palace to add to the bespoke bridal bouquet designed by florist Philippa Craddock.

It includes forget-me-nots which were Diana, Princess of Wales' favourite flower. They were specifically chosen to honour the memory of the late princess.

The small bouquet also features scented sweet peas, lily of the valley, astilbe, jasmine and astrantia, and sprigs of myrtle, all bound with a naturally dyed, raw silk ribbon.

Just about when the Duchess got to the bottom of the church steps....both her and the Duke turned around and looked and the veil and up,the stairs...almost like in wonder,ent...where are the boys? I think someone at the top of the stairs told them not to carry the train/veil down the steps, yet the adults thought they would. I can understand let the couple shine but, the veil was dragged and snagged. I am sure some repair maybe able to be made but not totally. No matter Duchess of Sussex was beautiful and so very happy!

Did her 'friend' Jessica pull the boys back?? Wow!

Not a fan of JM. Back stabbing will start shortly. Green eyed jealousy, perhaps.

The bouquet

Prince Harry handpicked several flowers on Friday from their private garden at Kensington Palace to add to the bespoke bridal bouquet designed by florist Philippa Craddock.

It includes forget-me-nots which were Diana, Princess of Wales' favourite flower. They were specifically chosen to honour the memory of the late princess.

The small bouquet also features scented sweet peas, lily of the valley, astilbe, jasmine and astrantia, and sprigs of myrtle, all bound with a naturally dyed, raw silk ribbon.

I thought that the bouquet details were lovely.

Diana needn't worry, she will never be forgotten.

Splendid ceremony!
Meghan looked elegant, and the looks Harry gave her melted my heart.
I watched the Today show coverage, and I thought they spent a little too much time on the Beckhams and Clooneys, but other than that, it was worth getting up and joining in the celebration.
I know his mother is smiling down on them this day, and it brought tears to my eyes thinking of her, imagining her there, beaming.

Ditto. Ive been watching all morning and DVR back to parts I missed.

I have enjoyed it even more than I expected. And after learning more about their relationship from the newscasters I have much more faith now that they will be together long term.

Best wishes to them both!

Glad I saw it. Its so neat to see all the old castles and buildings. Beautiful and I love to think of how long ago people used those places. Amazing history.

If I ever get a chance to go across the pond before I die I so badly want to tour ancient castles. They are so fascinating to me. I love looking at them and at the tops to see the turrets and small rectangular openings where guards would protect the castle.

I giggle to think of hundreds of years ago and guards up there with bows and arrows or a pile of rocks to throw down on enemies. LOL
Yea Monte Python! LOL :)

The bouquet

Thank you. I wondered what type of flowers she had. I thought it was a bundle of lavender or something.

Back after a nap. I got up at 4:30 and watched through the wedding ceremony and the first few minutes of the carriage ride. Knew I'd never make it through the day without a couple more hours of rest.

Best wishes to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex. I'm happy for this charming couple :)

Oh, its not up to Meghan.

All Royal finery is kept archived. They have gowns going back many, many generations.

Trust me, the Queen will care very much.

They keep everything that is historical.

Oh good grief. Let’s all pile on. Sorry to be cranky...not enough sleep...but this is not why we are here! There’s been quite enough negativity this week. If it’s not up to Meghan, she would have been told to have her little guys carry it down the steps. And if it was up to Meghan, can she be allowed a mistake? People are more important than fabric, and I really think the Queen would agree.

And to come back from cranky, I thought it was a beautiful and personal wedding. Doria won my heart, dear sweet Mom. Charles was charming. The kids were adorable. Yay for Phillip being there. Beautiful, understated wedding dress. Gorgeous tiara. Sublime music. I’m extremely happy for both Harry and Meghan and wish them a joyful life of service.

Loved it--- ole HC got a little misty watching Harry watch his bride come down the aisle....and also when Meghans Mom looked teary and awestruck.
The dress was beautiful...very understated...loved the bandeau tiara and veil. Her hair was a little messy for my taste. The assembled smirking at the Preacher and Stand By Me was surprising---would not have expected bad manners. Most of the music was beautiful.....loved the cellist selections.

I’m so glad it has been a lovely day and a safe one. The ceremony was perfect and the bride looked beautiful. The only thing that was missing was Diana but I am sure she was there in spirit.

And to come back from cranky, I thought it was a beautiful and personal wedding. Doria won my heart, dear sweet Mom. Charles was charming. The kids were adorable. Yay for Phillip being there. Beautiful, understated wedding dress. Gorgeous tiara. Sublime music. I’m extremely happy for both Harry and Meghan and wish them a joyful life of service.

Well said :clap: I was far more impressed with this royal wedding than that of Charles and Diana or William and Kate. Harry and Meghan were actually enjoying themselves because the casual environment allowed them to be who they are and not succumb to stilted protocol. I loved that they spoke quietly to one another throughout the ceremony. They were both radiant and seem to truly love one another deeply. I wish them every happiness as they begin their life together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname