Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to marry in the spring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck to the newly wedded couple - I'm not into royalty weddings nor weddings in general but that's just me.

Beautiful cake!

OT - I see your profile says Scotland, I thought you lived in Oz. One of my son's few times great grandfather is from Scotland.

One of his 3rd great grandfathers is a Spencer who ran the grounds at Ashford Castle in Ireland back in the 1800's. One of these days I'm going to figure out if they're related to Diana's family.

Off topic:

Hi Roselvr. Hope you are well. Yes I’m Scottish and proud to be. I live not far from Stirling Castle. Here is a photo

B1BD7D1C-86CA-409F-B573-373C030F2FF7.jpeg

Not a fan at all of what Beatrice and Eugenie wore. I thought their Mother out shone them both.

I thought they looked fine, Eugenie looked lovely. The goal is to not outshine the bride. Beatrice seems to have her own unique artistic flair, nothing wrong with that. Everyone has been civil today, not sure we want to go down that road, haha.

ETA: To clarify, it's not fair to judge or ridicule women based on their taste in fashion or on their past career choices. There's probably a public conversation we need to have about the subject, but as a society, we're probably not yet ready.

Well, that was absolutely beautiful. And they both looked absolutely thrilled with each other and in love. I loved how physically demonstrative they both were; it's nice to see some of the traditional stodginess be relaxed, something that was missing from Will and Kate's ceremony I think. And Meghan looked stunning, the dress was simple, classic and completely consistent with her usual sense of style. What a breath of fresh air to watch a happy thing and to see two people so obviously in love. I'm not much of a romantic, but I must admit that this wedding really affected me. A great day for two seemingly special people. Diana would be so proud.

Oh, and I've been watching Sky News broadcasting, everyone seems absolutely thrilled with Meghan and Harry. It seems she's been roundly embraced by the British people.

Not a fan at all of what Beatrice and Eugenie wore. I thought their Mother out shone them both.

I agree. Beatrice and Eugenie desperately need advice from fashion stylists. Do they not look in a mirror? They are pretty girls who don't understand what doesn't look good on them, it might for someone else. I have never understood their choices.

ETA: I don't mean this in any particular way but just observations since they are pretty girls.

I thought they looked fine, Eugenie looked lovely. The goal is to not outshine the bride. Beatrice seems to have her own unique artistic flair, nothing wrong with that..
Mission accomplished then!

I think Meghan is naturally more confident and assured than Prince Harry. That may be partly what attracted him so. She does not come off to be overly so to me. It is like she is comforting his nerves up there, Imo. She seems perfectly at ease.

I think the one in blues might have been tipping a hat to Jackie Kennedy and an American theme.." my thought as I rewatched a few things...

Blue Jag, Meghan in Stella McCartney. Breathtaking.

I think the one in blues might have been tipping a hat to Jackie Kennedy and an American theme.." my thought as I rewatched a few things...
Yes, Eugenie looked set to crawl out of a backseat onto the boot of a moving automobile!

Beatrice captured that "maids a-milking" look, though why she did can't rightly be discerned.

Elin Manahan Thomas's voice for Handel's "Eternal Source of Light Divine" was the beautiful entrance for a truly lovely ceremony.

There is power in love... the message our world needs.

This was the monarchy's best wedding by far, unconditional love just filled the atmosphere. The emotion was genuine.

Wow that second dress is HOT. (As are the groom & car lol). Did Kate have a 2nd gown?

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

I don't remember if Kate had a second dress. If she did I don't remember seeing it.

And there we have it. It's been a fun thread. Thanks folks :fireworks::fireworks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaid28