Prosecutor Juan Martinez releases new book, February 2016 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flores was monitoring the female detective's turn with the killer. JM says they knew later but not then that she'd not bond with a woman detective because she had a much more difficult time manipulating women.

Yeah, she didn't get that deputy's buddy-buddy-we're-women chat. However, I thought the deputy did a good job. She's in a sheriff's department waaaaay out in the tulies. This will have been quite a challenge. And she was clearly not a) amused and b) bending at all to Jodi. My favorite statement from her came when she not only put handcuffs on Jodi but chains as well. She said something like "We don't usually do this."

Flores was monitoring the female detective's turn with the killer. JM says they knew later but not then that she'd not bond with a woman detective because she had a much more difficult time manipulating women.

She did manipulate Sky. But I don't believe Sky is a very independent or grounded person. She acts very superior as well. In this, she was unlike Travis' other women friends.

I can't believe her Infiniti license plate was "2ASCEND"

The picture of the 3x5 card that Jodi was writing on in jail, practicing Travis's handwriting. It said...

"Just so you know I followed you so don't try to play "stupid" later when I ask you where you were and with whom. And if you don't answer your phone tonight I'll know your just a *advertiser censored*."

PS. anyone who take you to that dive is a loser

In those same docs turned over by Victoria Washington. ....her half sister says she was shocked and upset by the killer's lack of emotion, bikini shopping etc after memorial, her dad says when they first visited the killer in jail she was "happy as hell" in general and excited she was going to be given an IQ test that would tell her "how close her IQ was to Albert Einstein's."

Travis had two lights in the hallway, one about centered and one in front of the closet (sorry for the graphic nature but it's the only one I have that shows both lights):

View attachment 89221

It is looking less likely those pics were taken so late in the afternoon.

And yes, I believe because his head is lifted that he's still fighting for his life.

I don't think those lights would have created light in the bathroom, especially the light in the new photo. I don't think they're bright enough, and they're in the wrong position.

The light shaft near the window looks like sunlight.

Someone suggests the light was from outside, e.g. a street light. If that's the case, the murder was in the morning while it was dark.

Does this pic show the lighting any better? IMO, it looks as though she may have had shoes on with socks over them??

View attachment 89226

This is something to ponder Geevee.

View attachment 89227

Thanks for posting them both CA, good point about her being behind him (and if she is pulling him, she's going in the wrong direction). In the book pic you can see the open linen closet door on the right, his foot looks to be just in front of it, and he's a bit under 6', right,? So we can guesstimate where his head is, but his feet are close to the closet door, nowhere near the bedroom end of the hallway. We can also see wetness on the floor to the front right, likely from the shower that's still running, in the accidental sitting pic you can see he's covering the drain and water is flowing over the edge of the shower floor pan so that floor was already slippery before her attack even began.

Matt McCartney told the DT investigator that the killer "directed him to be 'impeccable' with his words because she needed 'exact communication' to understand him."

MM said he'd always love her but they couldn't be more than friends. Then mentions moving to get away from her, lol.

I so so agree. JM saw her through and through for exactly who she is because he didn't feel the slightest bit threatened by her. His prosecution of her was not personal in any way.

He has the intellectual ability and the temperament to be able to take a step back and marvel at her sociopathic abilities, and to feel fully engaged by the professional challenge of outmaneuvering her.

I don't think he feels any personal contempt for her, rather, what i hear is his appreciation for the absurdity of her, this person who she demands to be known as who just doesn't exist.

As he said, he sees her as a bad waitress who doesn't possess enough character to take responsibility for serving cold coffee, much less to act upon making those clouds in cold coffee dreams of herself real.

Plus, he was calling her out for being what she was: a WAITRESS. Not an artist or photographer.

Is anyone still waiting to get a book delivery today?

Please let me know if there's still interest in having tidbits posted. I'm happy to do that, but will otherwise just go immerse myself in the book....

My book arrived late this afternoon, but I don't know when I'll ever have time to read it. I teach and have a 1 year old and 5 year old, so I very much appreciate the tidbits. But post them at your leisure.

Thanks, Hope.

Brewer: she flat out stopped working in Sept 2006. She spent all her time going to PPL seminars (hmmm!), and just couldn't find time anymore to go wait tables at the pizza joint.

She maxed out her credit cards on car payments and cash advances (NOT mortgage payments).

And this was all before she met Travis later in Sept.

Thanks for posting them both CA, good point about her being behind him (and if she is pulling him, she's going in the wrong direction). In the book pic you can see the open linen closet door on the right, his foot looks to be just in front of it, and he's a bit under 6', right,? So we can guesstimate where his head is, but his feet are close to the closet door, nowhere near the bedroom end of the hallway. We can also see wetness on the floor to the front right, likely from the shower that's still running, in the accidental sitting pic you can see he's covering the drain and water is flowing over the edge of the shower floor pan so that floor was already slippery before her attack even began.

I know, I haven't quite finished the book yet, but probably will later tonight. There is still so many unanswered questions in my head... probably always will be.

I don't have a book..... Yes, on tidbits.

Here's a chuckle from his chapter on his cross of JA: "'I will always tell the truth,' Arias replied,without realizing she had just been untruthful."

This is a really good chapter, by the way. Well, they all are, but this chapter on his cross examination brings back all my visceral responses while watching the live testimony. His writing style is like his courtroom style: smart, well-spoken, and to the point.

I have two more chapters and the epilogue to read, and I hope he discusses ALV and crew before the end.

Brewer: she flat out stopped working in Sept 2006. She spent all her time going to PPL seminars (hmmm!), and just couldn't find time anymore to go wait tables at the pizza joint.

She maxed out her credit cards on car payments and cash advances (NOT mortgage payments).

And this was all before she met Travis later in Sept.

She was stalking him already by then, I'll swear. She would have known about him from the PPL seminars or else she had seen him in action there.

I read Juan's book today. It shed light on his trial strategy and it was a nice read. I think my DH will enjoy reading it as it summarizes the trials really well.

I feel really badly for TA sister, TS. I think JM book has stirred up things for her, triggered her. I really wish that rapper dude and Heinous would just disappear.

I don't want to post on the book thread, so hopefully what I posted can stay here since I am not discussing content. I was reminded about all the negativity and how widespread it was. Glad it is gone. I need to smudge my house again with Sage.

OK.....this is big to me, anyway.

We're on to the gas can revelation (the defense handed JM this info, remember) and JM clearly revels in the memory of that big discovery.

JM reads DB's interviews about her calling him twice to borrow the cans. The SECOND time was in the last week of May, meaning the first time she asked was before May 26. Wow.

ETA...a second pair of eyes on that? Page 135 hardback edition.

Maybe he means the 2nd time in that same last week, which is what I've always understood.

Where is that letter? I've never seen it.

Also, off topic, I'm back to my 10-year old MacBook. It's even goofier than my new one. If I mess up posts, please be forgiving.

It's reproduced in the book, in Chapter 7 or 8 I think. JM writes that it was at the bottom of a shoe box containing the receipts that were meant to prove that she was never in Arizona and implies that the box was left in her bedroom for LE to find (and realize that she was an angel who only drove in a chaotic way to Utah to see Burns).

She probably had pulled him by his feet back down the hall and was trying to get him maneuvered around to get him back in the shower cubicle. Imo, it's likely that sometime around this point she heard him still trying to breathe and shot him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member