Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
exactly. I don't of any men who would carry a knife on their person at that hour of the morning. I want to know what he cut her down with though and why there are no remenants of a hanging on the balcony (ie, hanging rope). I was reading our local paper today and LE mentioned if was going to be several weeks before we hear anything.

Until then, I can only guess.

MOO

Mel

What hour of the morning? 6:45 am?

A lot of men are up by then and fully dressed and a lot of them carry pocket knifes. They will have their knife with all the stuff they put back into their pockets each morning.

I dont see why anyone finds this strange.

IMO

exactly. I don't of any men who would carry a knife on their person at that hour of the morning. I want to know what he cut her down with though and why there are no remenants of a hanging on the balcony (ie, hanging rope). I was reading our local paper today and LE mentioned if was going to be several weeks before we hear anything.

Until then, I can only guess.

MOO

Mel

Wild thought. Grabbed a nice big forged steel chef's knife out of the block/drawer in the kitchen of the guest house. Immediately handy. Large enough to cut a whole lot of stuff. No need to stuff into whatever you are wearing, or between your teeth.

You see somebody hanging, adrenalin kicks in and you don't know for sure if they are still alive. grab nearest device you can cut with. Kitchen knife if you don't happen to have a pocket knife. You go. You get to the victim as quickly as you can and take the shortest route to that rope, and you cut.

Dina wasn't there when the child fell. RN and the 13 yr old daughter were the only ones there when he fell. The 13 yr old made the 911 call.

Now the brother - Adam. I read where he was staying in one of the guest houses - so where was he when the child fell? He was the one to find RN and its been said that Dina was also there at that time.

SNIPPED.....WiseOldOwl... If I understand the time line correctly, Adam was called to come, because of Maxi's fall & hospitalization. Also, I had read in one of the articles that RN had mentioned to the Dog person, that the 13 Y/O daughter had been injured too, with Maxi's falling. They are backing away from the "falling down the steps" line to falling "from" the steps, which I am interpreting as ??from the railing. So I'm wondering if thekids were playing on the railings and he somehow fell, and she got hurt as well. She was whisked out of there early that same day he went to the hospital.
(shades of Ramsey here to me) They definitely do not want the 13y/o daughter connected to his fall at all. From all I gather, the children spent some of their summer vacation at their fathers home.

Listening again to the press conference something I didn't pick up the first time was the officer said that he didn't want to disclose the type of material used to bind her, but went on to say she was suspended by a rope. I'm really believing she was hog tied and Adam cut that part.

Also they do use the word "witness" instead of "person of interest." A reporter asked if they had any suspects and he said everyone they talk to right now are witnesses. Got that figured out now lol.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15075598/...oCatNo=default&clipId=6051226&redirected=true

From my recollection, there were 2 dogs: 1 a German Shepard of Jonahs that is mentioned by Dina, and #2 a Weimaraner, seemingly owned by Rebecca...

Ted Greenberg, owner of Camp Diggity Dog, said Zahau called the Coronado kennel last Monday, shortly after the boy's fall, to ask that someone pick up her 14-month-old Weimaraner, Ocean. She said her child was hospitalized after an injury

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D9OIKGUG1.htm

She told police she was attacked by her husband's German shepherd, just as she had been several times in the past. She gave police photos from 2006 showing cuts to her arms and knees, from incidents where Dina claimed the dog bit her because the dog is "very sensitive to changes in voice tone and body language and any tense exchange with Jonah may result in an attack response."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/coronado-m...ves-zahaus-personal-trainer/story?id=14124073

Listening again to the press conference something I didn't pick up the first time was the officer said that he didn't want to disclose the type of material used to bind her, but went on to say she was suspended by a rope. I'm really believing she was hog tied and Adam cut that part.
Also they do use the word "witness" instead of "person of interest." A reporter asked if they had any suspects and he said everyone they talk to right now are witnesses. Got that figured out now lol.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15075598/...oCatNo=default&clipId=6051226&redirected=true

bbm

Me, too.

If she was hogtied and he cut the tie then both her feet and wrists would become free since when someone is hogtied the feet and hands are tied together in the back.

Its the reverse of hogtying a pig which is where the word originated. When a pig is hogtied then all four feet are bound together. The purpose was so the pig could be carried on a pole that would rest on the hunters' shoulders in order to carry the heavy pig out of the woods where it had been killed.

IMO

I don't want to believe that JS was involved in at all with Rebecca. But take the article written by the employee/former of his company and JS's desire for lots of sex. How about any of his neckties being involved???

From my recollection, there were 2 dogs: 1 a German Shepard of Jonahs that is mentioned by Dina, and #2 a Weimaraner, seemingly owned by Rebecca...

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D9OIKGUG1.htm

http://abcnews.go.com/US/coronado-m...ves-zahaus-personal-trainer/story?id=14124073

Another article I read along the same line as the abc link, Dina said that he had the dog trained to attack people that raised their voice or put a hand up to him.

By that one picture it was obvious she took advantage of the free restyline (sp) errr unless the dog bit her lips too lol.

Trying my best to understand...

Adma told his neighbour that he was going to work on the tugboats... but ended up at his brothers guest house and this was prior to Max falling down the stairs???

Why would Adam lie to his neighbour about where he was going?

Adam arrived after Max's fall.. He came to comfort his brother...
I will see about tugboats story.. but i read he arrived after hearing of Max accident to come help or be of comfort (i also read he was not close to his brother and was jealous)

could be incorrect, but it was in some article. Must look at everything, two people dead, same mansion, one hung, one fell. Oh ya, your everyday accident house...

Attachments

• Balcony of 1043 Ocean.jpg
    Balcony of 1043 Ocean.jpg
    324.2 KB · Views: 30
If she launched herself off the table, rather than the balcony, reasonable to suspect that she would have closed the balcony doors after attaching whatever she hung herself with (presumed rope) to railing. Then proceeding downstairs and into the courtyard to whatever gymnastics on the table got her bound up and head thru the noose.

Note that the table is off to one side of the balcony. If the rope was hung from more center or toward the other side, she wouldn't even need to kick the table away. Simply step forward off it and you'd swing away.

One possible suicide theory is that Zahau might have hung the noose from the balcony, binding her hands and feet before stepping off a table. A table was one of the items taken from the mansion as evidence.
http://www.cbs8.com/story/15119133/waiting-for-answers-in-mansion-deaths-mystery

I agree, the scenario you described is entirely possible.

However, it has been reported by LE that AS stated he cut Rebecca down.

Since there is no evidence in the media photos of any remnant of the rope on the balcony railing, I am skeptical that the rope was ever anchored to the railing (or anything else, for that matter).

Hypothetically speaking, even if the rope was cut by someone standing on the balcony, I don't find it (personally) plausible that the person would have removed any remnant of the rope from the railing. I also don't find it plausible that the person would have closed the French doors behind themselves before returning to the ground below where Rebecca lay.

A person in a panic about someone's life would not take the time to perform those time-wasting actions, IMO. A person in a panic would not take the time to untie knots around railings. A person in a panic would not take the time to close doors.

A person in a panic RUNS.

Those closed French doors are a big clue, IMO.

So does my hubby always have his pocket knife and mini tape measurer. I would like to think that AS was the hero but then again I think if I'd walked out my door, I wouldn't have touched anything. Let the cops cut it down. He did the for a reason. Trust me.

There is no way in heck I could just stand by watching someone hanging from a rope. Right or wrong I would rush to them........cut the rope and get them down and see if I could find any signs of life.

IMO

Another article I read along the same line as the abc link, Dina said that he had the dog trained to attack people that raised their voice or put a hand up to him.

By that one picture it was obvious she took advantage of the free restyline (sp) errr unless the dog bit her lips too lol.

Here's a web picture of Dina from the San Diego Social Diary website.

http://tinyurl.com/43an764

She's on the left. The page gives a bit of insight into the rarefied social culture they were living in. It wouldn't be surprising if these folks' upper crust social mileau is impacting the LE treatment of these cases.

Btw, the blurb under the pic:

Beautiful Dianne York-Goldman, President of one of the event's sponsors, La Jolla Spa MD, pictured here flanked by Lisa Kaplan of La Jolla Spa MD and Dina Shacknai of Medici's, a girl's best friend manufacturer of Restylane!

There is no way in heck I could just stand by watching someone hanging from a rope. Right or wrong I would rush to them........cut the rope and get them down and see if I could find any signs of life.

IMO

Maybe I'm Anthonyed. I wouldn't touch anything.

I agree, the scenario you described is entirely possible.

However, it has been reported by LE that AS stated he cut Rebecca down.

Since there is no evidence in the media photos of any remnant of the rope on the balcony railing, I am skeptical that the rope was ever anchored to the railing (or anything else, for that matter).

Even if the rope was cut by someone standing on the balcony, I don't find it (personally) plausible that the person would have removed any remnant of the rope from the railing. I also don't find it plausible that the person would have closed the French doors behind themselves before returning to the ground below where Rebecca lay.

A person in a panic about someone's life would not take the time to perform those time-wasting actions, IMO. A person in a panic would not take the time to untie knots around railings. A person in a panic would not take the time to close doors.

A person in a panic RUNS.

Those closed French doors are a big clue, IMO.

If the rope was just looped through one of the railings he easily could have just cut one part of it and it all would have come down at once. I think it did all come down and that is why we see the rope is very long in the photos.

IMO

If the rope was just looped through one of the railings he easily could have just cut one part of it and it all would have come down at once. I think it did all come down and that is why we see the rope is very long in the photos.

IMO

I don't understand how the cord could be just looped through the railing in order for her to hang herself. How would it support her body if that were the case?

Maybe I'm Anthonyed. I wouldn't touch anything.

LOL!

I just couldn't do it though. No way could I just stand there gazing at someone hanging while waiting for the police to arrive. My instincts would kick in and I would just have to try and save them if there was any possible chance.

mo

LOL!

I just couldn't do it though. No way could I just stand there gazing at someone hanging while waiting for the police to arrive. My instincts would kick in and I would just have to try and save them if there was any possible chance.

mo

Well that saving of a dead body would just destroy a potential crime scene.

If she was hogtied and he cut the tie then both her feet and wrists would become free since when someone is hogtied the feet and hands are tied together in the back.

Its the reverse of hogtying a pig which is where the word originated. When a pig is hogtied then all four feet are bound together. The purpose was so the pig could be carried on a pole that would rest on the hunters' shoulders in order to carry the heavy pig out of the woods where it had been killed.

IMO

In my opinion, there was indeed a lot of symbolism -- if in fact she was hogtied. If so, then with a blue scarf around her neck -- symbolic of death -- quite bizarre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguel13b