Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 1/9-1/12 Break

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trial reporting by tweet often results in a digital version of the old Telephone Game.

I think he probably said, "She HAS not actualized mitigation."

Pure conjecture, but since the DT did not complete direct examination before the end of the court day on November 3, perhaps LKN had not yet availed himself of the opportunity to ask if she took responsibility and whether she was remorseful so that she could fake-beg for her life.

It's just as likely -- more so -- that LKN means JA simply hadn't finished all her lying testiphony before her secret Tales of Prevarication were interrupted by the mean ol' Court of Appeals and Supreme Court.

Agreed

[video=youtube;gcjZgPgm6aU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcjZgPgm6aU[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcjZgPgm6aU

I believe this as well. To be sentenced to death for her is the ultimate "de-edification".

ITA

First, she tried to get Det. Flores to investigate others.

Then she denied it and said she would beg for the death penalty.

She vowed no jury would convict her -- she later claimed this was a suicide prediction.

Then she made up the ninjas.

Then it was self-defense.

Now LKN vows she won't be executed. Probably just suicide threat 2.0.

Her evil psychopathy knows no bounds.

We can only imagine how bad the bad times were for TA before she finally tired of torturing him and went for the throat and Gramps's .25 caliber.

Would anyone like to bet that in the meantime she strikes the unfinished 'secret' testimony on the grounds that Arias refuses to continue and/or the CA ruled it unconstitutional - thus, negating the release of the transcript, and preventing Juan from crossing?

A judge can't let testimony stand when the other side doesn't have an opportunity to cross examine the witness. And a defendant can't be forced into testifying, so if Arias now refuses, I think the judge's hands might be tied on that and she'll have to strike the testimony.

AZLawyer? Can you clarify?

IF JSS is against the DP, as some have opined, then why did she deny the defense's multiple (at least 20 or more) motions to dismiss the DP from consideration?

I don't know how many times AZLawyer has told us the reasons for various decisions by the judge, not all of which make sense, but certainly many of them, are a result of the judge either not having a choice at all (her hands are legally tied by the laws of AZ) or trying not to provide any reason for a successful appeal by Arias in the future, when everyone knows with 100% certainty Arias will be appealing regardless.

But little of what AZL informs seems to be believed and spectators continue to insist JSS rules as she does because she either secretly supports the killer, or is against the DP, or hates the prosecutor, or wants to subvert justice, or any other number of reasons, none of which have any factual basis behind them. JSS is a weak scaredy-cat judge, but I don't see where she's on the side of the defendant.

Perhaps it would make people feel better if JSS ruled exactly how they themselves want, forget the laws of the state, and future appeals be damned.

Trial reporting by tweet often results in a digital version of the old Telephone Game.

I think he probably said, "She HAS not actualized mitigation."

Pure conjecture, but since the DT did not complete direct examination before the end of the court day on November 3, perhaps LKN had not yet availed himself of the opportunity to ask if she took responsibility and whether she was remorseful so that she could fake-beg for her life.

It's just as likely -- more so -- that LKN means JA simply hadn't finished all her lying testiphony before her secret Tales of Prevarication were interrupted by the mean ol' Court of Appeals and Supreme Court.

I thought word leaked out that she wasn't even to the point of having met Travis yet in her testiphony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member