Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does trial start at 10 AZ time? I want to get my errands finished before.

I thought 9:30, but did see something on one of the twitter pages that JSS asked to see something (notes from an interview, maybe?) at 9:15. I will believe it when I see it. 10 (or later) is probably closer to the truth.

Bringing Reagan's question over from the previous thread:
Good morning all. Is there a link or post (maybe daisydomino?) that has a compiled list of all the tweets from yesterday's hearing?
By the time I got home from work to play catchup, I had a lost dog come to my door and it took hours and many miles of walking the neighborhood before I found its owner. I missed everything from yesterday.

Thanks in advance!

No, I have run out of time to collect Tweets. I'm not complaining—let's have a full week of 4 days of testimony on a regular basis for a change!

I usually snag them in real time. I'm curious if I can try to get them now, though. Stand by.

Does trial start at 10 AZ time? I want to get my errands finished before.

9:30MST

But attys meeting at 9:15 to discuss Perry Smith report/testimony

Another new day with DeMarte and Martinez! Yesterday, no tiredness, no naps, no need for ginger anything for my sick tummy. I hope DeMarte has more goodies for the jury to digest today. Please, let Nurmi not do cross today!

LOL! I'll be out of town tomorrow having fun and won't have to follow any pernicious cross in real time. I will have my laptop for when I decide to relax at the hotel.

Then, I can skim IF there is cross this week... and I hope not.

I thought 9:30, but did see something on one of the twitter pages that JSS asked to see something (notes from an interview, maybe?) at 9:15. I will believe it when I see it. 10 (or later) is probably closer to the truth.

Thanks. I'll go on and hustle now so I'll be back!

Nurmi, attempting to deep-six the incoming "snide & rude" and Purple Plum goddess bombs, quoted this from Pandeli 215AZ514:

"Trial courts should not allow the penalty phase to devolve into a limitless and standardless assault on the defendant's character and history."

Substitute "victim" for "defendant" and the language is all there to revise what is permissable for a DT to present during this phase.

I really hope there are folks in AZ willing to take a serious look at limiting the ability of defendants to level unsupported allegations against their victims.

Aww as a dog owner I just wanted to say thank you for finding his owner!!!!

She was such a sweet pup. As a dog owners of two rescue mutts, i was not about to allow that sweet dog to go roam around wish for the best that she'd be okay. I am grateful for the happy ending. It was so late ..so I was just going to wait til this morning to post flyers when I heard a faint yelling. Someone calling out a name. I bolted out of my door and ran about a block in my slippers (losing one in the process) before I caught up to them. They were so grateful, as was I.
OT I know but I had to share a happy story, especially considering what evil we read about on a daily basis.

Heading to the sidebar link now, and definitely standing by for daisydomino. I like the way you post them because they're in chronological order. Twitter is difficult because I have a hard time absorbing info that goes backwards.

Don't you hate when life gets in the way? I just wanted to take a second to tell you how much I appreciate all that you have done with this trial. You are the next best thing to live coverage! Thank you again! :loveyou:

BBM I know! I have a hair appointment today that will be in the middle of all this great testimony!!

Morning Tweets:

The Gold Patrol™ @thegoldpatrol · 2h 2 hours ago

#jodiarias testimony resumes with DeMarte still on the stand.
We will cover both #jodiarias and

#AaronHernandez tonight on The Gold Patrol!

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 3h 3 hours ago

Good morning. Burger Wednesday. Need I say more? How are you doing?

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 3h 3 hours ago

#jodiarias begins today at 9:15am MST. There's a discussion about Detective Smith before trial begins.

#AaronHernandez is back too! 9am EST

Yes thanks so much Ziggy!!!! I can barely wait for today to get started.

Now, I need a nap after that HUGE Tex-Mex breakfast. Yummy.

Is JM still examing De Marte? IMO, the only way for JA to try and weasel out of this one is to spin it with her own testimony. JA must testify now. She's the only one who KNOWS what happened. JA will not tell the truth, but she's the only one who can try a different spin.

I'm finally caught up. Please tell me that this is not real. How did the jurors not either start laughing or get up and just walk out at hearing yesterday's testimony is beyond me. I'd be like why are we here, a jury was hung on this goddess of cray? It's like these people are giving up their lives, the Alexander family as well, just so Jodi Arias, goddess of cray cray, can have fun and games. I can't imagine what else poor wonderful Dr. DeMarte found on that test. And for the love of kittens, can we not quote Jodi wanting her rear end pounded today? Because for such a delicate flower, she sure seeks a lot of um attention.

Last trial, I thought DeMarte was just as effective during JW's cross. An example: JW was talking about JA-TA's relationship after she moved to Mesa:

JW: "They were still talking, right?"
DrD: "Yes"
JW: "He was still saying nice things about her, right?"
DrD: (pause) "Yes"
JW: "He was still inviting her over, right?"
DrD: (long pause-DrD really thinking) ... "I saw a couple of instances of that."

Unlike Fonseca and Geffner, DrD can cite chapter and verse from JA's journals, emails, etc., and won't be fooled. Hopefully, DrD will be a concrete barricade at the entrance to Nurmi's Slime Highway.

BBM I know! I have a hair appointment today that will be in the middle of all this great testimony!!
dont forget to take a selfie in your car. fun, fun

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Will DeMarte discuss the 1,000 miles and murder itself? That great big hole in the DT's story?

I'm finally caught up. Please tell me that this is not real. How did the jurors not either start laughing or get up and just walk out at hearing yesterday's testimony is beyond me. I'd be like why are we here, a jury was hung on this goddess of cray? It's like these people are giving up their lives, the Alexander family as well, just so Jodi Arias, goddess of cray cray, can have fun and games. I can't imagine what else poor wonderful Dr. DeMarte found on that test. And for the love of kittens, can we not quote Jodi wanting her rear end pounded today? Because for such a delicate flower, she sure seeks a lot of um attention.
I'd have totally lost it when Nurmi asked the poor bishop why he needs a lawyer if he doesn't have anything to hide.

And I mean totally "bring a stretcher and a sedative, she won't stop laughing" lost it.

I "may" have acted a bit more sick than I actually felt yesterday in order to justify dropping my son off at his homeschool co-op instead of sticking around as I always do. Maybe. :shame:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname