Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 35

Status
Not open for further replies.
No singing, Ziggy!

Yes. Better march in straight lines, look neither to the left or right and maintain a poker face at all times. Talking permitted only if absolutely necessary. Singing is outlawed.

Dworkin made an exact copy and explains how and why - as a precaution to preserve the original. Also when you have a copy you can make others down to the bit level.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 45s 46 seconds ago

Juan and Willmott look to be the same height today. Very rare. #JodiArias

The tool he used to examine TA computer - the bulk initially was Encase.

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 32s32 seconds ago
Lonnie Dworkin received a forensic copy of #TravisAlexander's computer in December 2009. #JodiArias

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 23s23 seconds ago
Martinez asks if Dworkin went to Mesa PD in December 2009. Dworkin doesn't remember going there, but that is when he received copy of drive.

Janet the court monitor walked me up into the courtroom and let me sit in second row behind JA family. We had a nice chat. I understand her wanting to be careful certain people don't overhear the family talking and I told her I understand and that I do not talk in court.

Jury waiting patiently, most just staring into space. MDLR is seated to the right of JA and they are chatting quietly. Court reported is paying close attention to the side bar...how does he hear?

Please tell us about the jury. Do they look fried? Are they paying close attention?

Also used FTK and Net Analysis.
JM asks if he is familiar with tool Autopsy and if he's ever used it.
He never has used it on a real exam, only tinkered with it and not vetted it.

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 20s21 seconds ago
Dworkin thinks he did bulk of computer exam with Encase. And other programs. #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 2m 2 minutes ago
Dec 2009 Lonnie made a copy of TA's hard drive
He did some testing on the hard drive #jodiarias #3tvarias

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 1m 1 minute ago

I don't think I have ever looked up and not see the bowler juror with his right hand not on his chin.

Sizzlebar over. #JodiArias

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 39s 40 seconds ago

Juan is talking about the copy of the hard drive in dec 2009 that Dworkin did testing on. #JodiArias

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 36s 37 seconds ago

Dworkin explains what a forensic copy of the HD is.

They are not supposed to work from the original evidence. #JodiArias

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 32s 33 seconds ago

Once you have a copy you can make multiple copies that are exact. #JodiArias

The *advertiser censored* /pedi. Claims is what's been on trial! Murderer?/what's murderer??? This is a trial where the true victim is on trial and the murderer is the presumed victim. Pizzes me off

Exactly!!! The defense seems to be derailing the penalty phase with inflammatory suggestions that Travis was a perv/pedi. To take away from the true vileness which is CFJA.

I have full confidence the Jury isn't' buying what they are selling. My worry is, they feel she is mentally unstable, thus giving her life over death would be a fair judgment.

I'd have liked to see more focus on the manipulation/stalking/perfectly planned and carefully (as a first time murderer) murder she commited.

JMO, I have faith in JM :) Just making me a little edgy that the sideline issues seem to be working.

Janet the court monitor walked me up into the courtroom and let me sit in second row behind JA family. We had a nice chat. I understand her wanting to be careful certain people don't overhear the family talking and I told her I understand and that I do not talk in court.

Jury waiting patiently, most just staring into space. MDLR is seated to the right of JA and they are chatting quietly. Court reported is paying close attention to the side bar...how does he hear?
I loved Janet, firm but kind, professional but hip and a little funny. They are lucky to have her at the Maricopa County Courthouse- she's a nice human being.

I am not the nervous type..testified as a witness to a fatal traffic accident. DT was nasty, but didn't shake me. well - not as nasty as this DT

It seems to me the witnesses that have been the most effective (Deanna, Dr. DeMarte) don't let Nurmi get to them. I would find it very difficult after awhile to not start lobbing the snark right back at him. That would make me nervous, knowing I should behave but finding it hard.

Dworkin says he learned early on to use peer reviewed court-accepted programs. He has not seen a case where autopsy was used. He wants to use the same tools as LE to see if he gets different results; then others that are court-accepted to see if he gets different results.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 10s 11 seconds ago
Juan asks if he's familiar with Autopsy and if he's ever used it
Dworkin says he's never used it in a real exam. #jodiarias #3tvarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 42s 43 seconds ago
Lonnie said he probably used Encase, FTK and Net Analysis on the hard drive #jodiarias #3tvarias

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 43s 44 seconds ago

Dworkin used Encase as well as FTK and Net Analysis.

He has never used autopsy to evaluate a hard drive forensically. #JodiArias

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 41s 42 seconds ago

He learned early on that it was best to use peer reviewed court accepted tools and in AZ no one uses autopsy. #JodiArias

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 18s 19 seconds ago

Nurmi reclinates and takes notes. #JodiArias flips her hair and leans her chin on her left hand.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 35s 36 seconds ago
Dworkin says he only uses peer reviewed software and he likes to mirror what the PD uses also. #jodiarias #3tvarias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419