Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many times Joid is her own worst enemy

Jodi: "Um nothing that is what you typically see in a case like this, such as a childhood where there was drugs, alcoholism, molestation, none of those things occurred in my family so I guess we would sort of joke that my mom didn't beat me hard enough, so I don't have mitigation."
Troy: "So what are you going to do?"
Jodi: "They feel that I would be a suitable candidate to behave myself in a correctional facility and just not be a problem. That may be their angle, I don't know."

I HATE that this has taken the focus immediately off of Tanisha and Steven's victim impact statements. Exactly the plan.

Remember that she said in the interview with Troy (after verdict) that she had one person that saw her with "bruises all over", but her lawyers did not call the person up & she believed it would have saved her. I re-watched the interview yesterday, but she didn't say who it was. Wonder if that is the person?

That was Matt McCartney wasn't it?

I don't think he would show up. Isnt he the one she tried to sneak the magazines out to while in jail telling him he had messed up the story he told police?

The coded messages?

If its him Juan will eat him for lunch and spit him out.

From JA's interview with Fox10 right after the first verdict: http://www.fox10phoenix.com/story/2...ias-told-fox-10-she-has-no-mitigating-factors
........................................................................................................................................................................
Troy: "You have mitigation hearing coming up at penalty phase. You know what your mitigating factors are going to be and how you are going to play that?"
Jodi: "Well I've been told I don't have any mitigating factors."
Troy: "By who?"
Jodi: "My attorney."
Tory: "So Kirk Nurmi said there are no mitigating factors for you in terms of arguing against the death penalty?"
Jodi: "Um nothing that is what you typically see in a case like this, such as a childhood where there was drugs, alcoholism, molestation, none of those things occurred in my family so I guess we would sort of joke that my mom didn't beat me hard enough, so I don't have mitigation."
Jodi: "They feel that I would be a suitable candidate to behave myself in a correctional facility and just not be a problem. That may be their angle, I don't know."

Would love to see JM throw this up there so the jury can hear it.

I think it is probably the old dude that was brought into the courtroom this morning.

Wasn't JA friends with the old guy that was over PL? Not Gus but the top man?

imo

That's my best guess, too--would make sense to bring in the elderly gentleman right after the Alexander's very powerful VIS.

Why would a witness ask for and receive protection?

Because, sadly, Jodi's witnesses in the prior trial did actually, for real, receive death threats. Just like that nutball who travelled to Az with the stated intent to kill Nancy Grace: a case like this brings out the extremists.

That was Matt McCartney wasn't it?

I don't think he would show up. Isnt he the one she tried to sneak the magazines out to while in jail telling him he had messed up the story he told police?

The coded messages?

If its him Juan will eat him for lunch and spit him out.

Yes, it was Matt, who magically witnessed the bruises from afar, by telephone with no video/camera capacity.

And who forged the letters. And who committed perjury.

Because, sadly, Jodi's witnesses in the prior trial did actually, for real, receive death threats. Just like that nutball who travelled to Az with the stated intent to kill Nancy Grace: a case like this brings out the extremists.

Proof?

Mormon mafia????

LOL! But this could set a dangerous precedent. It would mean that a lot of other witnesses in other trials can refuse to testify unless the get the CIA informant treatment. What then happens to the public's right to know what goes on in a courtroom?

I think for sure it's someone that does not believe in Death Penalty, and will do whatever it takes to "save" her.

Is there a list of "mitigator defenses"?

Bad childhood, mental illness, etc?

I think it is probably the old dude that was brought into the courtroom this morning.

Wasn't JA friends with the old guy that was over PL? Not Gus but the top man?

imo

I don't remember hearing that she made friends with anyone high up in PPL. Do remember from many sources that she went out of her way to smooze with such folks, and to have her picture taken with them.

Patricia Womack was set to testify for JA last time and withdrew because she said she had been threatened. Maybe it is her. The only other they had at that time was Darryl Brewer. Has he been threatened too? I will say again, this judge should never have let this trial be televised in the first place. Jmo. Just because it's not on tv doesn't make it unfair. Again, jmo.
If this new mystery witness doesn't want to be on camera, then simply don't show their face on camera like they did with Daryl Brewer. Daryl Brewer, who after being so concerned for his privacy subsequently gave an interview to the MEDIA (to one of Kiefer's colleagues, surprise surprise) and allowed everyone to see his face before the trial was over! :facepalm: Patricia Womack had to withdraw because she went on Nancy Grace, Dr. Drew and any other media outlet that would listen to her and JM was going to impeach her due to her failure to report the income she received from said appearances on Nancy Grace, Dr. Drew, etc. The only threat she received, imo, is the threat of having her welfare benefits cancelled and the fact that her less than stellar character would be revealed (like the fact that she is the one that was practicing 'horticulture' skills with the convict back when they were teens). Whoever this mystery person is, I can't wait for their testimony to be eviscerated by JM. :moo:

From JA's interview with Fox10 right after the first verdict: http://www.fox10phoenix.com/story/2...ias-told-fox-10-she-has-no-mitigating-factors
........................................................................................................................................................................
Troy: "You have mitigation hearing coming up at penalty phase. You know what your mitigating factors are going to be and how you are going to play that?"
Jodi: "Well I've been told I don't have any mitigating factors."
Troy: "By who?"
Jodi: "My attorney."
Tory: "So Kirk Nurmi said there are no mitigating factors for you in terms of arguing against the death penalty?"

Would love to see JM throw this up there so the jury can hear it.

Yes! And that she would beg for the Death Penalty if she killed Travis.

Well, she did kill him, so start begging Jodi!!!

Sad thing is, crap like the threats against Jodi's witnesses, is bad for the prosecution.

I don't know if that was the guy that holed up in motel room?

No I know the guy who wanted to kill NG is real. But I haven't seen a single shred if evidence that any defense witness has received an actual death threat. Were hateful things said to ALV on her twitter account? Absolutely and they were disgusting. I also thought the campaign to lead one star reviews for her book on Amazon was way over the line. But no actual threats that I saw.

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 41s41 seconds ago
We are back in the #JodiArias courtroom after the lunch break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74