Rosie O'Donnell

I do not like Rosie , to pushy, the best I can say about her is she can make me laugh sometimes
BW should give up the show, it makes her look worse every season IMO

I like Rosie I used to love watching her show and at the beginning when she would walk out she always did this cute little walk. I do think that maybe being on the View may be hard for her due to the fact that she had her OWN show and didnt have to share! BTW I dont care if she is gay or what she does in her personal life I just liked her show! :p

I for one will never watch anything Rosie does. She once had a toy, and went on to make it shake and fall down then loudly proclaimed "look it's having a seizure, HAHAHA." She said her show was for families, well my son, eight at the time has epilepsy cried. He is not a crying kid. Never once did Rosie say she was sorry, and blamed the Epilepsy Foundation of trying to make money off of her. She is not what she seems to be, and I could care less that she's a lesbian. She hurt a lot of people, and simply did not care. If one of her kids was an epileptic, that would never have happened. People die from seizures and a big FU to Rosie.

Moe said:
I for one will never watch anything Rosie does. She once had a toy, and went on to make it shake and fall down then loudly proclaimed "look it's having a seizure, HAHAHA." She said her show was for families, well my son, eight at the time has epilepsy cried. He is not a crying kid. Never once did Rosie say she was sorry, and blamed the Epilepsy Foundation of trying to make money off of her. She is not what she seems to be, and I could care less that she's a lesbian. She hurt a lot of people, and simply did not care. If one of her kids was an epileptic, that would never have happened. People die from seizures and a big FU to Rosie.
Moe, your story made me sad---picturing your son watching her on TV and joke about having seizures, and him crying.:(

In defense of her, though, I'm sure she didn't mean it to be mean. I know that what is "meant" and what actually comes across are two different things, though. Even though I think she didn't mean it to be mean, I do think that celebrities have a duty to uphold certain standards WHEN they proclaim their show as being a FAMILY SHOW.

I never really liked Rosie. But I ADORE Ellen. She is a crack up, and her show really IS a family show. She's great, IMO.

Moe said:
Wow that is terrible moe!!!!! That is mean. Seizures are nothing to make fun of at all!!! Shame on you Rosie...:snooty: :loser: :hand:

I do not like Rosie, but it's not about her being gay. I am not wild about Joy Behar. BW is too old and over, IMO. Elisabeth I don't know about b/c I do not watch "The View".

As for Ellen, I DO like her, she is funny and refreshingly adorable.

julianne said:
I never really liked Rosie. But I ADORE Ellen. She is a crack up, and her show really IS a family show. She's great, IMO.
Ellen is awesome, I love her she cracks me up all the time. She is a nut!!

I'm sure initially she made a mistake, but she blamed the epilepsy community for trying to make make money off of her rather than say "I'm sorry." I'm sure my son was only the only kid or parent floored. Suck it up when you are clearly wrong.

Moe said:
I'm sure initially she made a mistake, but she blamed the epilepsy community for trying to make make money off of her rather than say "I'm sorry." I'm sure my son was only the only kid or parent floored.
I am surprised she wasnt bombarded with letters and all kinds of stuff.

She was, but she did not care she was very popular at the time.

Wow, I'm in there kids, we fought a good fight! Sorry to say it was all for nothing.

Moe said:
I'm sure initially she made a mistake, but she blamed the epilepsy community for trying to make make money off of her rather than say "I'm sorry." I'm sure my son was only the only kid or parent floored. Suck it up when you are clearly wrong.
:confused: Moe, I was agreeing with you---I agreed that even though she probably didn't mean it to be mean, that she has a certain duty to uphold certain standards when she proclaims her show is a family show. For her to then blame the epilepsy community for trying to make money off her is totally assinine on her part, and reeks of tackiness and low class.

Regardless, I don't know what I'm supposed to "suck up" and what I'm wrong about when I am in agreement with you.:confused:

IMO Rosie is not sensitive to the feelings of others, that is the main reason I don't like her, but she seems to like kids , and can be funny
time will tell if she fits in The View, I have my doubts

Julianne, I meant Rosi should have sucked it up, not you. Sorry for the confusion!

Moe said:
Julianne, I meant Rosi should have sucked it up, not you. Sorry for the confusion!
I think I just perfected the high jump in the sport of jumping to conclusions.

No need to apologize, Moe...I read your post again and clearly you weren't directing your comment to me. I am sorry for assuming your words were directed at me.

Thank you -- My fault for assuming. I PM'd you.:blowkiss:

Rosie O'Donnell known for being everything from a host of her own t.v. show, activist to a Movie Star suffered a heart attack at home. A few hours later my body hurt, I had an ache in my chest both my arms were sore, everything felt bruised," she said, adding that her skin felt clammy and she later threw up.
She did take an aspirin but waited 24 hrs. before calling 911. Please read the rest below. Stay Well Rosie

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/gossip/la-et-mg-rosie-odonnell-heart-attack,0,1852674.story

I am not a fan of her, but I wish her the very best...and I wish she, like a lot of people, didn't shrug off the warning signs of a heart attack. At least she took an aspirin, you know?

Heal quickly and fully, Rosie!

Best-
Herding Cats

Oh my gosh. She is so lucky that the wait didnt kill her. We women can be so bad at calling 911, or even just scheduling appointments and following up, and speaking up to docs. Good for her for putting it out there on her blog, a good reminder for all of us (and I include myself, as I've been putting off an appointment myself all summer :innocent: )

Best wishes to her for a full recovery... And her fiancée as well, who I understand was recently diagnosed with tumors.

I have been putting off appointments too, so maybe Rosie's experience will make me get with it.
I'm glad ur still with us Rosie!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back