Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
What mistake did she make? She didn't make any mistakes. Nobody, let alone a child, goes out with their friends and rationally thinks "maybe tonight I'll be abducted, gang-raped, then murdered by some random people so better off I stay home." Going to SC was against her parents' wishes, but I'm not going to say that was a mistake and put blame on this poor child. She did nothing wrong. The vile monsters who did this to her are the ones who did something wrong.

Yes, she is a victim, and yes she made mistakes. We all do, every day. Her mistake was slipping off without consent. R.I.P. Brittany. :(

She did sneak out of her house to go to another state without telling anybody BUT if you take into account the spot from which she was abducted and how it happened she could have not realistically known or expected that to happen. Unless of course she put herself in danger by talking to the wrong crowd or sayng something inappropriate to the wrong people before she was kidnapped but we don't know that for sure at this point. I hope they will find some remains to give her a proper burial but I am personally not optimistic at all about that if there is any truth in what was stated in the press.

I just want to add my opinion about how she may have accepted a ride:

I've been to Myrtle Beach approximately 30 times in my life, from childhood through now, and I stayed at Bar Harbor during July 4th week in 2006. I have never been during Spring Break, but I have been to MB during many holidays and I have a pretty good idea of what Spring Break is like. That section of Ocean Boulevard is very congested each night, starting at dinner time and continuing on through the night. A lot of people, especially teens, cruise up and down that stretch, windows down, music playing, talking to others on the street or getting yelled at flirtatiously by people hanging out on their street view balconies (cheaper than ocean view). The heaviest action is a few blocks north of both hotels, but Bar Harbor is definitely still on that cruising route, particularly when traffic gets backed up.

It is common when walking that street to keep playing "leapfrog" with noticeable vehicles. The car may be stopped for a light, you walk past the car, banter back and forth, then the light turns green, the car then catches up with you and the driver yells at you again as he passes you, but then when the car stops for the next light you pass him again and talk to each other again, and on and on until one of you gets to where you are going. This is most noticeable for me during Black Bike Week, when there are very unique bikes or cars that I'll keep leapfrogging. In my younger (and single) days, the guys definitely offered me rides, and we were complete strangers. So I can see where the guy would flatter her a few times, offer the ride, if she refused a few times he might say, "Hey it's not like I'm gonna drive off with you--traffic sucks!" And then eventually she gives in. Maybe he "misses" her stop and says he's gonna go around the block to cut around traffic and then just keeps heading south. I have no problem believing that she could have been talked into the car innocently enough and then things unfortunately went wonky from there.

Brittanee's story is so troubling that it made international headlines this week. Here are a couple of articles about what allegedly happened to her from across the world :

http://oglobo.globo.com/mundo/adolescente-desaparecida-teria-sido-jogada-em-rio-com-jacares-20011449 (Brazilian, O Globo)

http://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20160829_02443509 (Belgian flemish, Het Nieuwsblad)

http://www.dagbladet.no/nyheter/bri...pet-skutt-og-kastet-til-alligatorene/61324178 (Norwegian, Dagbladet)

http://www.bild.de/news/ausland/ver...at-er-sie-auf-dem-gewissen-47550720.bild.html (German, Bild)

http://www.sudinfo.be/1656626/artic...-le-dos-une-jeune-femme-de-17-ans-disparue-en (Belgian walloon, SudInfo)

http://www.7sur7.be/7s7/fr/1505/Mon...-executee-et-devoree-par-les-alligators.dhtml (Belgian walloon, 7sur7)

http://www.tvn24.pl/wiadomosci-ze-s...rittanee-drexel-pozarly-aligatory,671870.html (Polish, Tvn24)

http://www.ilgazzettino.it/esteri/b...sa_violentata_uccisa_coccodrilli-1935153.html (Italian, Il Gazzettino)

Interestingly enough, some articles like the one from 7sur7 talk about the case being solved ("résolue" in French). I will read the articles in French and Italian and translate them at a later time.

I wonder if a tip was called in and police just needed that extra information to collaborate with the tipster. Could this be what CD means?

Sometimes good people won't accept rewards, there are few who don't but still. Personally I don't know the details but I'm in VA and I know first hand Morgan Harrington's tipster would not collect. The tip actually lead to an arrest as well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I don't recall if this has already been posted here but it was reposted on the Bringing Home Brittanee Drexel Facebook page. A news reporter, Graeme Moore had interviewed Shaun Taylor when he was picked out of a line up in the attempted abduction of Rhonda Massey. When asked if he had been in Myrtle Beach at the time instead of his town of McClellanville, he responds and hesitates, "No....not really..." Not really? It's either yes or no. He's constantly looking to the left as the reporter is asking questions which is typical of someone who is being untruthful or so I've learned in my studies.

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=319456114831649&tsid=0.2923007619101554&source=typeahead

I was dealing with a case that right in court the judge asked a woman if she was to do a drug screen that moment would she pass. The woman shrugged her shoulders at the judge.

My mouth literally popped open and I am sure her attorney knew my dismay from my expression.

When ever someone is caught up in a lie or something they do not want to admit to, there is always a slip up. Always.

I have shared Brittanee's case with my own kids and their friends over the years. Each year before they depart for the beach. I don't know if it's made a difference or not, but I hope it has. I hope it's opened their young eyes to the evils that can be lurking, and to stay alert, and stay together, even if only going for ice within the hotel. My nerves are on edge every single time they leave for the beach, and I can't wait to get them back into my arms. I know evil is everywhere. It's just something about being almost 8 hrs away, and me not being able to get there ASAP if need be.

My daughter looks so much like Brittanee. This is just heartbreaking. My her death NOT be in vain, and we all learn something from it, and alert our babies of the evils that walk among us.

Special prayers for her family tonight.

Special prayers those that went with her will have compassion and tell the entire truth of what they know.

Prayers those responsible grow a conscious and repent from their ways.

Tragic........just so tragic....

I forgot to add - I would be curious if the front desk, housekeeping or maintenance staff of the Bar Harbor was ever interviewed re: the comings and goings they may have witnessed from that room. We had the misfortune of staying there once and it's not the nicest of establishments. Very bare bones, we only stayed there because it was per friendly and we didn't want to board our dog. I can tell you if we didn't have her with us we would have immediately found a new place. Lots of sketchy characters in and around it.

In MB, good hotels/condos will not rent to people under 25. Even if you have a credit card. When we were young and first married, and showed up for our reservation, generally we got some discussion about our ages. My husband (who was oldest) had to show id and a hold was put on our card and the room had to be inspected before we left. Bar Harbor rents to teens, or anyone that can produce the money. (there may be as many as twenty people staying in the room, just sleeping where ever and when ever.) they do ask for a deposit that is not returned till the room is inspected. Most people that destroy the room leave in the middle of the night and forfeit the deposit. (heard of that here before, right?)
For me, I'm glad it's that way, I don't like staying where a lot of young people are partying and raising hello.
We do still cruise the blvd at least once every night. :)

I forgot to add, you do see alligators here in the swampland and even the water hazards on golf courses. there are many ponds that are off the roads. People know if a pond near them is occupied and generally will even feed them, just to see them. the gators will get used to that and when you come to the water side they will swim up to get the food. I think if you wanted the gators to eat something quickly, there would likely be blood involved to attract them. I also think this is what happened to Hailey Cummings body.
MOO

New article from The Post & Courier:

With that new insight based on witness accounts, and with other evidence they have gathered, investigators are reconsidering possible links between Drexel’s disappearance, the attempted abduction of a Myrtle Beach woman a year later and the 1998 slaying of Shannon McConaughey, 19, whose body was found in Awendaw.

In each case, authorities have developed suspects from the same McClellanville family, but none of them have been successfully prosecuted.

MORE: http://www.postandcourier.com/20160...anee-drexel-case-crimes-targeting-other-women

Chad Drexel being interviewed live on 95.1 in Rochester.
He mentions being in McClellanville at one point handing out flyers as cars drovr by. He didn't realize it at the time, but he ended up handing one to Dashaun. Dashaun handed it back to his friends in the back seat and they drove off laughing

Rachel Shoaf was also a churchgoer and a "good Christian", it didn't stop her from stabbing her "best friend" to death. The church card is getting really old and has been overused by now.

Chad Drexel being interviewed live on 95.1 in Rochester.
He mentions being in McClellanville at one point handing out flyers as cars drovr by. He didn't realize it at the time, but he ended up handing one to Dashaun. Dashaun handed it back to his friends in the back seat and they drove off laughing
Really? That is disgusting and shows what heartless psychopaths they are. I really hope Britt is their undoing.

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members