Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but where they think they found her glasses could be where she was dumped. Maybe they should drag any ponds in that area...just a thought.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I may be way off on where places are located in relation to where she was in McClellanville, but... wasn't there a map of some kind from the news conference a couple of months ago that showed where her phone last pinged? For some reason, my mind just went to the old Girls Scout camp in the Cordesville area. I went several years ago with the kids before the property was sold off and there is a retention pond on the property with a sign warning about alligators.

I know... it's South Carolina and gators are everywhere.... I'm afraid that looking for any remains of her will be like looking for a needle in a haystack :-(

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but where they think they found her glasses could be where she was dumped. Maybe they should drag any ponds in that area...just a thought.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Yes I have thought of this. I wonder if LE/FBI searched that area? It would make sense but I dunno.

And in answer to the question someone asked way up the thread, this kind of exchange of sex for money or drugs (etc.) is one of several reasons that the feds have jurisdiction in the case.

I haven't been on here in a while. I came today after seeing the national news about this case. I remember following it several years ago. This breaks my heart. Most teens will make at least one poor decision in their teen life. Unfortunately her life was taken in the most vile way for her mistake. May she rest in peace. I hope the family can find peace also. My heart goes out to them.

Sorry if I missed it but did they say what the next steps in this case are? I know TDT is in jail for unrelated charges but as far as this case I am curious on the steps. Seems a bit unorthodox that it was brought up in the course of the other trial. Others that were involved seem to be given a chance to run?

I've been reading here and elsewhere catching up on this horrific case. Here are some passages from a new article that quotes both the relevant court transcript and and Assistant U.S. Attorney and do not mince words about the nature of Britt's initial encounter with Taylor. We've all wondered if perhaps Brittannee got in the car willingly or "knew" this guy or someone else he was traveling with. And we still don't know how the encounter went down. But she clearly didn't travel to McClellanville for fun. She was abducted.
Timothy Da’Shaun Taylor of South Carolina, is the focus of the investigation into the possible “kidnapping, human trafficking and murder” of the Chili, N.Y., teen, the court transcripts show.

Taylor is suspected of kidnapping Drexel, FBI Special Agent Gerrick Munoz testified at an Aug. 15 bail hearing for Taylor in Charleston.

At the hearing, Assistant U.S. Attorney Winston Holliday said that the suspicion that Taylor was involved in Drexel's disappearance was partly the reason prosecutors pursued federal charges for the 2011 robbery.
"Of course, you have the McDonald's case, but then you also have that he's a target in this abduction and murder of Brittanee Drexel," he said.

All passages are from this article, and I've added bold font for emphasis: http://www.11alive.com/news/report-...-shot-and-thrown-into-alligator-pit/311267922

Sorry if I missed it but did they say what the next steps in this case are? I know TDT is in jail for unrelated charges but as far as this case I am curious on the steps. Seems a bit unorthodox that it was brought up in the course of the other trial. Others that were involved seem to be given a chance to run?

He is not in jail.

He is not in jail.

Oh wow. I thought he was. Sorry about that. I'm even more confused then on why they would name these people giving them a good chance to get away. Why not wait until they have what they need for arrests than take the risk?

Oh wow. I thought he was. Sorry about that. I'm even more confused then on why they would name these people giving them a good chance to get away. Why not wait until they have what they need for arrests than take the risk?

They let him out after his family posted the $10g bond. That was what the hearing was about, he was being held on a federal charge for the McDonalds robbery.

The details of what Brittanee endured hurt my heart.

I have been angry and not sure how to process the truth. Sometimes, I purposely get lost in the 'what happened' and 'sleuthing' angle... to avoid the difficult emotion. I try to solve the mystery... purposefully, inquisitively and sometimes even matter of fact-ly. I have a hard time accepting the hurt...but here it is.

I am painfully sad for the entire circle of people she has touched in her life including; myself, all of you here, her family and friends and especially LLLindsayy. I feel like we knew...but to have the speculation become fact... it hurts my stomach and heart!!

I want to believe this. Brittanee created a circle... and she passed with a purpose. Through her passing, she has exposed a multi-genertional crime ring. She may in fact have given her life to complete the puzzle, so to speak, and bring them down!

The eyes that need to be on this gang/family/town are now very much there.

Bless the kind hearts that care. Bless her family, friends and loved ones. And bless Brittanee's angel soul.

Nancy Grace is covering Brittanee tonight, looks like later in the show.

Is the 'stash house' address public knowledge?

No apology needed. I'm just angry he's not in jail so I don't have many words.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member