Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sure hope you are being safe Debbie, after all the police reports it seems there is a lot going on in that area on a normal basis-crossing my fingers for you!

I just wanted to say that I don't think that DD has swayed much from what she said on Dr Phil, I mean if you think about it, she mentions that the girls wouldn't answer her calls. I think at that time she was suspicious of all of them. I think maybe in desperation her particulars and wording may have changed. Same w/CD, maybe initially in denial he thought, there is no way in he** she is gone, she ran away and will be back. For all we know she had done it before. I know some teens w/strong heads do. But it is possible that now that time has set in he has come to his senses that someone took her. I just hope they can now work together to bring her home and be there for the younger sister and brother.

While everyone is looking at the hotels and garages and such I am wondering if she is caught on camera after leaving BH and LE is stating that she made her way onto Ocean Blvd why do you think she is in that garage? I think a garage is a decent idea, but wouldn't it be likely it would be down the road more after she was caught on the street cam? I know that you can do a walk down the BLVD on Google and see that there are more of these types of garages. Just a thought.

Also I have a friend that is familiar w/the area that noted there is also an underground tunnel nearby that could have been used to change direction. Debbie are you familar w/how close that is to the BH? I think it is right at the Sea Mist Resort, which is, I believe around 12th or 13th ave s, there is that staircase right off the sidewalk, if I remember what I was told correctly. It crosses Ocean Blvd and comes out at the other side of teh Sea Mist Complex.

While everyone is looking at the hotels and garages and such I am wondering if she is caught on camera after leaving BH and LE is stating that she made her way onto Ocean Blvd why do you think she is in that garage? I think a garage is a decent idea, but wouldn't it be likely it would be down the road more after she was caught on the street cam? I know that you can do a walk down the BLVD on Google and see that there are more of these types of garages. Just a thought.

LE said that there is a camera that should have seen BD after she left the boys hotel.. but it did not. That camera is 7 mins away. So LE are thinking something happened to her within the first 7 mins from leaving BW.
That is why Debbie is looking in that area of the hotel.

LE said that there is a camera that should have seen BD after she left the boys hotel.. but it did not. That camera is 7 mins away. So LE are thinking something happened to her within the first 7 mins from leaving BH.
That is why Debbie is looking in that area of the hotel.

I think the street cam itself is odd. I had thought it was said that it was after PB's hotel and that was when she was last seen as there were statements that she didn't show on the next camera up. But for that camera to say 8:15 and then the hotels to show 8 & 8:30 make no sense. One of those cameras have the wrong time...

Ok so because the times have driven me nuts for weeks now. I have looked to find the best pics I could find. I could not believe I found these ones. It shows the time as 7:55 going in, 8:13 coming out, so depending on how far the street cam was from there she may make that one by 8:15....finally sometimes that make sense....

http://newschomp.blogspot.com/2009/05/myrtle-beach-brittanee-drexel-17-gone.html

I think the street cam itself is odd. I had thought it was said that it was after PB's hotel and that was when she was last seen as there were statements that she didn't show on the next camera up. But for that camera to say 8:15 and then the hotels to show 8 & 8:30 make no sense. One of those cameras have the wrong time...

Ok so because the times have driven me nuts for weeks now. I have looked to find the best pics I could find. I could not believe I found these ones. It shows the time as 7:55 going in, 8:13 coming out, so depending on how far the street cam was from there she may make that one by 8:15....finally sometimes that make sense....

http://newschomp.blogspot.com/2009/05/myrtle-beach-brittanee-drexel-17-gone.html

I believe LE said from the beginning that blue water hotel camera was wrong and they had to adjust it making it around 8:30 or so. It was stated in the first or second thread on here. I'll try and track it down. I believe there was a news link for it.

What about the 8:45 text to J that she was on her way back.

I'm also curious, why if she just talked to her on the phone (argued about the shorts) and told PB that she had to leave, would she than need to text her that she was on her way back. Hadn't she just told her that on the phone?

Ok, first for the depressing news, my camera's batteries died on me. These said batteries were in the charger all day, I have no idea why they chose to die on me . I'll go back another evening and snap these photos.

Since I was there and with a friend I decided that I could still check out the hotel.

The Blue Water Resort is where the boys stayed. First let me tell you what I discovered this evening. There is the Blue Water Resort and there is the Blue Water Resort and Villas across the street. The later is what I focused on today but the parking garage I snapped a shot of doesn't go with this resort. The later has it's parking garage behind the Resort and Villas

Ok, now for the findings of the Blue Water Resort- We entered the same door Brittanee did and I saw the camera, there was no one there to ask us anything so on we went. There is a game room in the front, to the right there is the elevators, and a little further there is some girls sitting just chatting and the window behind them shows the pool. This also leads to the cafe'. Go back toward the entrance and the guest laundry is there, keep going and there is bathrooms and nothing much . Didn't notice cameras anywhere else in the building. We got on an elevator, there were three and it seems each one goes to different levels. When we get on, there is a Godfather's Pizza delivery man joining us. He automatically starts telling us of some talk he had with another guests at sometime in his career. I didn't get the joke, wasn't focusing on what he was saying as much as his ability to start a conversation. I picked floor 7 he went to 11. As we got off the elevator we notice this is an open floor plan, each floor has the balcony type walls and an emergency exit door. No cameras on any of these floors. As we approached the front entrance where Brittanee entered and exited we noticed another door that has the key push pads but then saw a couple use a card to enter through the door.

So we are at the entrance/exit- leaving and walking slowly just taking in the sights of the night from this point. Now I will attempt to show you the surroundings of The Blue Water Resort in the next post. I will use names of hotels and they will be in the exact order in which they sit as if we are standing at the exit/entrance door facing Ocean Blvd.

Ok my idea didn't work so I will explain it in sentences.

If you are standing outside the Blue Water Resort at the exit door where Brittanee was facing Ocean Blvd. To your right is the Ocean Part hotel, to your left is the Reef Resort/hotel with a parking garage. Directly across from where Brittanee was exiting is the Blue Water Resort and Villas, behind this is the Blue Water Parking garage.

Ok my idea didn't work so I will explain it in sentences.

If you are standing outside the Blue Water Resort at the exit door where Brittanee was facing Ocean Blvd. To your right is the Ocean Part hotel, to your left is the Reef Resort/hotel with a parking garage. Directly across from where Brittanee was exiting is the Blue Water Resort and Villas, behind this is the Blue Water Parking garage.

Hey Debbie (great job by the way) remember when we all were thinking about BD's pic walking into Blue Water and she was looking in the pic to our right (maybe her left)? Someone said maybe she was looking at someone is that where the game room is? Or the elevators.

Debbie were there any back entrances the boys could have used to get to their cars? If so were there cameras on these?

Great work Debbie ..nice visual!!

KCaswell
I found and Snipped for you:

Thursday, Apr 30, 2009 @06:21pm EST

Myrtle Beach Police have released pictures taken from a surveillance camera at the Bluewater Resort. Police tell News8 the young girl in the pictures is Brittanee Drexel of Chili. The images were taken between 8:40 and 8:45 pm Saturday. http://rochesterhomepage.net/content/fulltext/?cid=88382

Still trying to find where i read that LE had to adjust the time on the cameras to the correct time. Does anyone else remember reading that??

Sounds similar to the description of the man in the other stories.

Police investigate four cases of indecent exposure
Sketch of man wanted for April 2009 indecent exposure cases

Hide Caption
icon_more.gif

By Graeme Moore
Tuesday, June 09, 2009 at 1:00 a.m.

Myrtle Beach Police are investigating to see whether the same man could be responsible for four incidents of indecent exposure over the past two months.

The most recent occurences happened this past weekend at the Compass Cove Resort and the Sea Dip Motel on Ocean Boulevard.
On Sunday, two girls, 13 and 14 years old, were spending the day at the Compass Cove Resort pool when they noticed a man watching them.
They immediately gathered their belongings and headed to their parents' room, but the man caught up with them at the elevator, according to the police report.
He joined them for the ride to the second floor, where the report says he blocked the exit to the elevator and masturbated in front of them. The man left after one of the girls pulled out her phone and threatened to call the police.
NewsChannel 15 spoke with the mother of one of the girls.
She said the entire incident terrified the family.
"They thought he was going to kill them or rape them. They weren't sure exactly what his intentions were," she said.
She and her family left the beach Monday, but said what happened to her daughter will have long-lasting effects.
"I'm sure they're going to have anxiety about being by themselves, about getting on elevators, about going into places they normally wouldn't have a fear of going into."
According to police, the two girls over the weekend weren't the only ones to have a run-in with this man.
An incident of the same nature happened the day before at the Sea Dip Motel, and police think it was the same man.
An 18-year-old says she was waiting to get on the elevator when a man came to stand beside her. She told police that he was looking her up and down while in the elevator.
According to a police report, the man exited before the girl, but when she looked up after him she could see that he had pulled his blue swim trunks off and was masturbating. When she tried to push the button for the doors to close, the man pressed the button on the outside to keep the doors open while continuing to masturbate.
The report goes on to say she screamed at him, and he then let the doors close.
Although the Compass Cove Resort does have surveillance cameras, police have not yet found anything of use, although they continue to look through the video. The Sea Dip Motel does not have surveillance cameras.

The description given by the victims to police is as follows:
  • White man between the ages of 25 and 35
  • Between 5'8"-5'10"
  • Weighing between 160-185 lbs.
  • Receding hairline with brown to blonde hair
  • Wearing blue swim trunks, no shirt, white sneakers
  • Has a pot belly
  • One of the girls said he had a large mole on his back.
In April, two young girls reported similar incidents -- one at the Captain's Quarters and the other at Hotel Blue. The girls reported a man following them into their hotel elevators before exposing himself to them. Those girls were able to give a description that resulted in a sketch given out by police.
Detective Tony Lever is investigating the cases from this past weekend and says he's concerned that one man could be involved in all of the cases. He worries the man may progress to more violent acts.
"What I'm worried about with a person like this (is) hopefully he won't progress to a higher step to a completed sexual assault," Lever said.
But psychologist Melissa Muse with Family Bridges who counsels sex offenders said while these "exhibitionist-type" offenders could progress to more violent acts, she said often they do not -- and that they are just looking for the thrill.
"It's about the shock value for them," Muse said.
If you have any information about these cases, please call the Myrtle Beach Police Department at (843) 918-1382.

Hey Debbie (great job by the way) remember when we all were thinking about BD's pic walking into Blue Water and she was looking in the pic to our right (maybe her left)? Someone said maybe she was looking at someone is that where the game room is? Or the elevators.

Walking in to the left would be the walkway that leads to the bathrooms, the laundry room is off to the left as you walk in. To the right, would be where the girls were sitting chatting (a bit around a slight corner turn).

Debbie were there any back entrances the boys could have used to get to their cars? If so were there cameras on these?

Yes, when we went behind the hotel/resort, there is the pool/spa area you have to go up the steps and walk the wooden boardwalk like path to get to the pool/spa area from the outside. There is a door, but we didn't go up there from the outside do to seeing some intimacy going on between couples thru the bushes on the side as you walk around. When we were at the side where the outside pool is we were looking for doors that could be exited by anyone, but found the generator room and another, I forget the name of it, but was for employees only.

Now if we go back to the exit/entrance- coming out of the hotel and walking toward Ocean Blvd right past the door that uses the key pad there is an inset where trash cans are- these are built in with cement casings, I noticed that someone could duck down and hide right there. Perfect opportunity to snatch someone.

What about the 8:45 text to J that she was on her way back.

I'm also curious, why if she just talked to her on the phone (argued about the shorts) and told PB that she had to leave, would she than need to text her that she was on her way back. Hadn't she just told her that on the phone?

unless phone records can prove she called and texted J, this could be a slip up in the stories told.

That is an interesting theory. While I agree it is possible. My gut tells me it's improbable.

In most of the sex slave trade cases I have read about the teenagers that were found to be involved were groomed into child prostitution. By that I mean, they were coerced into being a somewhat willing participant. They are under the age of consent so that is a misnomer. They can't legally give consent.

There are cases where the teenager was snatched off the streets, I aknowledge that, but with Brittanee she doesn't fit the profile of a disenfranchised teenager from what I've seen and that's the type of teen female these pimps target.

I can't see that if Brittanee was victim to this, given her outgoing personality she wouldn't have made all out attempts to contact someone somewhere...JMHO.

The lady that went with me last night mentioned as we were walking about reading information in a paper (I want to say the NY Times) about the slave industry and how SC is a hot spot for this. She said they snatch the girls and get them on a plane without anyone noticing. Note: the airport is right up the street. I passed the entrance for it after passing the Blue Water Resort some blocks down.

The lady with me, Jane, said she would ask a lady with whom she has contact with at Coastal Carolina University about this.

And my question is, how long would it take to get from the strip to the area where her cell phone last pinged? If JG sent a text to B at 9:16, the perp(s) could have tossed her cell phone into the water then near the cell tower that her phone last pinged at.
I would have to get the driving directions to find out the time range on this, as I am not familar with the trip from MB to Georgetown and then Charleston County.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member