Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bolded by me.

All parking garages worry me. Hubby going with you right?

How far from the main entrance is the parking garage. In other words can you walk out the front door and go right into the garage? Thinking if someone called her over and once she stepped in and was out of sight got grab and shoved into a car without anyone noticing it.

I stated this incorrectly before, the parking garage for this resort is accross the street behind the other part of it to include villas.

Pictures will do this justice for sure. I am taking two digital camera with me , I'll do this tomorrow morning, as I have prior appointments to meet today.

While we were driving around last night and walking around, we noticed there were no cops patroling the streets in cars. I don't doubt they are on bikes, motorcycles and on foot. When we came out of the hotel and headed toward the street we saw what I believe to be a female cop jogging down the street. I noticed she had on a black vest, it just made me think of a cop.

Also I have a friend that is familiar w/the area that noted there is also an underground tunnel nearby that could have been used to change direction. Debbie are you familar w/how close that is to the BH? I think it is right at the Sea Mist Resort, which is, I believe around 12th or 13th ave s, there is that staircase right off the sidewalk, if I remember what I was told correctly. It crosses Ocean Blvd and comes out at the other side of teh Sea Mist Complex.

To be honest with you, I didn't notice an undergrond tunnel, as I was having to be careful with all the pedestrians, they just walk out in the road. I was also looking for the hotel and somewhere to park.

I think that a morning (early) trip would be great to catch the views of different things in the area.

Going toward the Bar Harbor where the girls stayed, there is an amusement park called Family Kingdom. First thing that came to mind was a carnie. They have been known to have bad raps.

Was there any mention as to where the cam is after Peter's hotel (the Blue Water) and in which direction?

The seven minute window - well what we know to be said that she was walking back to Bar Harbor, she would have gone straight from the exit door and then turned right onto ocean blvd this is where I parked last night . We walked thru the parking area along side the hotel and back to the beach which goes behind the hotel.

Now the Blue Water and The Reef (which would be to the left when exiting thru that door) these two hotels are very close together.

I believe LE said from the beginning that blue water hotel camera was wrong and they had to adjust it making it around 8:30 or so. It was stated in the first or second thread on here. I'll try and track it down. I believe there was a news link for it.

I haven't seen this and would really appreciate it if you do have the link, I had read through all the threads when I first started posting here. From the beginning the times have been an issue for me, they just haven't made sense. Different media outlets have different times ranging from arrival at 8 to her leaving at 8:45, some screenshots even showing these times! This link I found yesterday is the only one that holds times that seem to mesh w/the street cam time of 8:15. Granted I don't know that she could make it to that camera by that time or not.

What about the 8:45 text to J that she was on her way back.

I'm also curious, why if she just talked to her on the phone (argued about the shorts) and told PB that she had to leave, would she than need to text her that she was on her way back. Hadn't she just told her that on the phone?

Well if you think about it if she talked to her around 8-8:15 and said she was on her way it would make sense for her to tell her she was just about to the room at 8:45, especially if she is a non stop texter. The other thing is if LE is correct and she was picked up w/that 7 minutes, we know she didn't get to the hotel and was w/someone else. They may have asked her -is someone expecting you? They could have told her to send that. Remember her text at 9:15 to a friend that she was going somewhere else? I don't remember them ever saying who it was but they said that JG sent a text at 9:16 that wasn't returned. That would make me think that someone may have been trying to buy time?

That is an idea, not bad. Since summer is here and school is out I can have my children with me. Or I can drag the husband there tomorrow evening after he gets off work. I'll definately have the digital camera with me.

Also If you walked about 7 minutes from the lobby of Bluewater could you report that also. Take some pics of anything on the strip that might hold information as our google maps are not up to date. thanks .

here is a link to the sketch of the man to assualted teen in elevators about 10 days before Britt.

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=310210

get some things done before heading back out. I'll check in here in a bit for any ideas and or thoughts of what else to look for.

I wonder if the girls moved to another room with in the Bar Harbor?

JO wrote on her FB or MS answering someone about the hotel. She said that originally they were only staying thru Saturday Night and have reservations for that time at Bar Harbor but they decided to add another night and had to change to a hotel (Boardwalk I think) that had availability for that night. She was vague about when they added another night but Im sure LE has the time when they made reservations at the new hotel. Was it after they were already in Myrtle Beach or before??

JO wrote on her FB or MS answering someone about the hotel. She said that originally they were only staying thru Saturday Night and have reservations for that time at Bar Harbor but they decided to add another night and had to change to a hotel (Boardwalk I think) that had availability for that night. She was vague about when they added another night but Im sure LE has the time when they made reservations at the new hotel. Was it after they were already in Myrtle Beach or before??

I would guess that it would be while they were here in MB.

Could be derived from what the police have told her.

I am going to take a stop watch with me also.

If I start it from exiting the building as she did and I'll see where I end up in 7 mins.

That parking garage has me worried.

I took Kings Hwy out of there and to 501 and there was an exit for 31- Georgetown.

I have considered a stranger abduction heavily from the beginning but not taken the friends totally off my radar either. A friend of the Bio-dad said that the police does NOT feel it is a "serial" abduction. But they have been reports that looked suspicious just weeks after Britt- teen get into car with stranger is offered a drink starts to feel out of sorts then wakes up in a vacant hotel room calls her mom.

Media reports say that LE shows her pings hitting surfside then two hours later the last ping near Georgetown and N Santee River.

If you go the 501 route to Georgetown do you miss Surfside? Or is the bypass Hwy 17 considered Surfside also.? In the beginning I was thinking Kings Hwy instead of the Bypass because of the reference to Surfside but now I'm not sure.

I sure hope you are being safe Debbie, after all the police reports it seems there is a lot going on in that area on a normal basis-crossing my fingers for you!

I just wanted to say that I don't think that DD has swayed much from what she said on Dr Phil, I mean if you think about it, she mentions that the girls wouldn't answer her calls. I think at that time she was suspicious of all of them. I think maybe in desperation her particulars and wording may have changed. Same w/CD, maybe initially in denial he thought, there is no way in he** she is gone, she ran away and will be back. For all we know she had done it before. I know some teens w/strong heads do. But it is possible that now that time has set in he has come to his senses that someone took her. I just hope they can now work together to bring her home and be there for the younger sister and brother.

While everyone is looking at the hotels and garages and such I am wondering if she is caught on camera after leaving BH and LE is stating that she made her way onto Ocean Blvd why do you think she is in that garage? I think a garage is a decent idea, but wouldn't it be likely it would be down the road more after she was caught on the street cam? I know that you can do a walk down the BLVD on Google and see that there are more of these types of garages. Just a thought.

Also I have a friend that is familiar w/the area that noted there is also an underground tunnel nearby that could have been used to change direction. Debbie are you familar w/how close that is to the BH? I think it is right at the Sea Mist Resort, which is, I believe around 12th or 13th ave s, there is that staircase right off the sidewalk, if I remember what I was told correctly. It crosses Ocean Blvd and comes out at the other side of teh Sea Mist Complex.

Yipes, I posted about this tunnel earlier on this thread and it really bothered me. Other local have said it was well lighted and heavily travelled. What does your friend think about it?

I have considered a stranger abduction heavily from the beginning but not taken the friends totally off my radar either. A friend of the Bio-dad said that the police does NOT feel it is a "serial" abduction. But they have been reports that looked suspicious just weeks after Britt- teen get into car with stranger is offered a drink starts to feel out of sorts then wakes up in a vacant hotel room calls her mom.

Media reports say that LE shows her pings hitting surfside then two hours later the last ping near Georgetown and N Santee River.

If you go the 501 route to Georgetown do you miss Surfside? Or is the bypass Hwy 17 considered Surfside also.? In the beginning I was thinking Kings Hwy instead of the Bypass because of the reference to Surfside but now I'm not sure.

I remember seeing a street sign that said 17- surfside /georgetown

You would miss the town limits of Surfside on the by-pass, but I think the by-pass is considered the Surfside area by locals. There is really nothing else along that area of the by-pass so they may have just said Surfside as a reference point.

If that is the case, why would they still be in Hotel #1 at 8:00 PM at night? Check-out is no later than noon, usually sooner, & strictly enforced because the rooms have to be cleaned for the next occupant. Most hotels allow check-in around 3:00 PM - so why hadn't they moved to Hotel #2 yet?

If that is the case, why would they still be in Hotel #1 at 8:00 PM at night? Check-out is no later than noon, usually sooner, & strictly enforced because the rooms have to be cleaned for the next occupant. Most hotels allow check-in around 3:00 PM - so why hadn't they moved to Hotel #2 yet?

Good catch! That does make this more curious, doesn't it?

Debbie did you ever get any pictures uploaded?

I thought the girls checked out on Sunday, who said they checked out Saturday night? Not sure if we got these dates goofed here. LE had to call them for testimony that was what about 5:30 am? Not sure when they checked out or if they did after LE was there

You would miss the town limits of Surfside on the by-pass, but I think the by-pass is considered the Surfside area by locals. There is really nothing else along that area of the by-pass so they may have just said Surfside as a reference point.

You are right I think...most of those familiar with the area would say Surfside area, then just south of there Garden City, then further on Murrell's Inlet, on down the way to Litchfield and Pawley's Island before getting to the final ping area. It's just a way of saying the general location. We laugh at my SIL from there cause she is always saying it's "just down the road a bit" and then we head out and it is like TEN miles!!! To us....down the road a bit is more like a mile or two at the most!

Sounds similar to the description of the man in the other stories.

Police investigate four cases of indecent exposure
Sketch of man wanted for April 2009 indecent exposure cases

Hide Caption
icon_more.gif

By Graeme Moore
Tuesday, June 09, 2009 at 1:00 a.m.

Myrtle Beach Police are investigating to see whether the same man could be responsible for four incidents of indecent exposure over the past two months.

The most recent occurences happened this past weekend at the Compass Cove Resort and the Sea Dip Motel on Ocean Boulevard.
On Sunday, two girls, 13 and 14 years old, were spending the day at the Compass Cove Resort pool when they noticed a man watching them.
They immediately gathered their belongings and headed to their parents' room, but the man caught up with them at the elevator, according to the police report.
He joined them for the ride to the second floor, where the report says he blocked the exit to the elevator and masturbated in front of them. The man left after one of the girls pulled out her phone and threatened to call the police.
NewsChannel 15 spoke with the mother of one of the girls.
She said the entire incident terrified the family.
"They thought he was going to kill them or rape them. They weren't sure exactly what his intentions were," she said.
She and her family left the beach Monday, but said what happened to her daughter will have long-lasting effects.
"I'm sure they're going to have anxiety about being by themselves, about getting on elevators, about going into places they normally wouldn't have a fear of going into."
According to police, the two girls over the weekend weren't the only ones to have a run-in with this man.
An incident of the same nature happened the day before at the Sea Dip Motel, and police think it was the same man.
An 18-year-old says she was waiting to get on the elevator when a man came to stand beside her. She told police that he was looking her up and down while in the elevator.
According to a police report, the man exited before the girl, but when she looked up after him she could see that he had pulled his blue swim trunks off and was masturbating. When she tried to push the button for the doors to close, the man pressed the button on the outside to keep the doors open while continuing to masturbate.
The report goes on to say she screamed at him, and he then let the doors close.
Although the Compass Cove Resort does have surveillance cameras, police have not yet found anything of use, although they continue to look through the video. The Sea Dip Motel does not have surveillance cameras.

The description given by the victims to police is as follows:
  • White man between the ages of 25 and 35
  • Between 5'8"-5'10"
  • Weighing between 160-185 lbs.
  • Receding hairline with brown to blonde hair
  • Wearing blue swim trunks, no shirt, white sneakers
  • Has a pot belly
  • One of the girls said he had a large mole on his back.
In April, two young girls reported similar incidents -- one at the Captain's Quarters and the other at Hotel Blue. The girls reported a man following them into their hotel elevators before exposing himself to them. Those girls were able to give a description that resulted in a sketch given out by police.
Detective Tony Lever is investigating the cases from this past weekend and says he's concerned that one man could be involved in all of the cases. He worries the man may progress to more violent acts.
"What I'm worried about with a person like this (is) hopefully he won't progress to a higher step to a completed sexual assault," Lever said.

But psychologist Melissa Muse with Family Bridges who counsels sex offenders said while these "exhibitionist-type" offenders could progress to more violent acts, she said often they do not -- and that they are just looking for the thrill.
"It's about the shock value for them," Muse said.

If you have any information about these cases, please call the Myrtle Beach Police Department at (843) 918-1382.

Bolded by me ... here is the link to your story http://www.carolinalive.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=310210

And here is the link to the one in April just before BD went missing
http://www.carolinalive.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=287583

If this is the same man in all 5 girls then i say ya there is something to worry about. And i think all "exhibitionist-type" could progress to more violent acts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DirtyV53