Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like the images I posted from the carpark of Wingstop in West Colmbia (from Streetview) have been removed, so my apologies if I was breaking any rules mods! However, people can find them easily enough themselves. Look for the guy in the black teeshirt returning to the restaurant from the blue garbage skips. It looks to me like the guy could well be Taylor. There are about 4 shots that feature him. He's wearing a black teeshirt and black cap, which is consistent with the Wingstop uniform.

In the late 90's I was living in Baltimore when Joseph Palczynski was running loose and they told the public to use extreme caution.

After Kenneth McDuff abducted and killed Colleen Reed we were told daily that the public was in danger. Same with the Austin Bomber case. They didn't tell us that recently when HB & her baby were abducted and HB killed, and they were right. I trust the warnings and lack of we've gotten here over the years.

Adam Mintzer on Twitter
Community members hugging Faye’s Dad and Mom. A family spokesperson tells me they’re incredibly grateful for all the support and prayers. @wis10 #FayeSwetlik
EQ2vitMW4AAvxnu.jpg

EQ2vitoUYAAiwn_.jpg

6:59 PM - 15 Feb 2020

It's so heartwarming to see the community wrapping their support, sympathy, and love around Faye's father also.

I dont know why, but in so many cases where children have been abducted, and murdered most give sympathy to the moms. I've never quite understood that when both parents have suffered such pain, and tremendous loss.

I find that extremely sad because very often little girls are known to have a special bond with their daddies, and the daddies with them. I have no doubt Faye was the apple of her daddy's eye. Its heartbreaking how he had planned to come visit her. I'm sure it was to bring his baby girl birthday, and valentine gifts. Now all the gifts will remain unopened or perhaps they will place some of them with her at her funeral.

Instead of celebrating her birthday they are there together for Faye to memorialize her short life which ended when evil entered her happy world.... not only destroying her beautiful life, but all who love her.

My heart goes out to both of Faye's parents equally. It's obvious they both loved her deeply, and each parent now grieves together trying to give comfort to each other in the nightmare that will never end for either of them.

I pray they find the courage to go on even though their lives will never be the same.

I've seen many of these parents speak out on true crime channels. Each say something similar. They know they must go on for they have others in their lives who depend on them, and who they love, but it is never easy.

God bless Faye, her family, and her community.

Jmhoo

Apologies as I live on the opposite side of the world - apologies for this little girl taken too soon. I don't know much about this case except her neighbour was found dead. It's just horrible someone can take such a young little girl & murder her... it's just disgusting & despicable... RIP little Faye xx

I listened to part of the 911 call the other day. I had to stop. It was so upsetting to me. Not just the mother's fears but I found the operators just cold in their responses to her.
(snipped by me)

I am a police & fire dispatcher coming up on 17 years of service. I totally understand why you would find it upsetting. It is. It's horrific and awful and none of us want anyone to go through anything like that. But we are trained and paid to be the calm in the storm. I have to get basic information from you as quickly as possible so that help can be started your way. Then I have to continue to be calm to get more information so that officers have a description of the missing child. I cannot let my personal feelings get in the way because if I do, then I can't help you.

This is a horrible call to have to take. It affects us. It affects us more than you will ever know and that's fine because I don't need you to know that. I need you to know that I am focused with everything I am on getting the information I need to get to get you help as soon as possible and in the best way possible. When the call is done, then I can take off my headphones, tell my supervisor that I'm taking a few minutes and go somewhere and fall apart.

I had to take a call nearly 16 years ago from a young woman who was the victim of a nightmarish crime. She was hysterical, her mother was in the background also understandably hysterical. I felt like I wanted to throw up just hearing the basics. I couldn't though. I took a very deep breath, pushed it all down inside me and focused on what questions I had to ask. My being calm helped the girl to calm down and give me the information I needed to give the officers. My being calm helped her to focus on what she could do to fight back (give me an accurate description of the suspect). This call is part of our training library. If you could hear it, you would probably say I was cold. I was completely calm and matter of fact. Inside? I was a mess. I tell trainees about my internal feelings when we listen to this call and all of them are stunned and say "But you sound so calm..." Yes, because my being a mess didn't serve this girl and wouldn't help her at all. After this call, I went outside and lost it for nearly 15 minutes. I couldn't stop thinking about her & what she'd been through and how she would cope. 16 years on, I still think about her.

I understand why you may think we are cold but maybe this has helped you to understand that most of us are not. We care a lot, that's why we do this job - to help people - and to help people, my emotions have to be packed away until a time when I can safely unpack them. (Thank god for my therapist! ;) )

I wasnt able to be online much yesterday.
Can anyone update me on the autopsy news if there is any?

(snipped by me)

I am a police & fire dispatcher coming up on 17 years of service. I totally understand why you would find it upsetting. It is. It's horrific and awful and none of us want anyone to go through anything like that. But we are trained and paid to be the calm in the storm. I have to get basic information from you as quickly as possible so that help can be started your way. Then I have to continue to be calm to get more information so that officers have a description of the missing child. I cannot let my personal feelings get in the way because if I do, then I can't help you.

This is a horrible call to have to take. It affects us. It affects us more than you will ever know and that's fine because I don't need you to know that. I need you to know that I am focused with everything I am on getting the information I need to get to get you help as soon as possible and in the best way possible. When the call is done, then I can take off my headphones, tell my supervisor that I'm taking a few minutes and go somewhere and fall apart.

I had to take a call nearly 16 years ago from a young woman who was the victim of a nightmarish crime. She was hysterical, her mother was in the background also understandably hysterical. I felt like I wanted to throw up just hearing the basics. I couldn't though. I took a very deep breath, pushed it all down inside me and focused on what questions I had to ask. My being calm helped the girl to calm down and give me the information I needed to give the officers. My being calm helped her to focus on what she could do to fight back (give me an accurate description of the suspect). This call is part of our training library. If you could hear it, you would probably say I was cold. I was completely calm and matter of fact. Inside? I was a mess. I tell trainees about my internal feelings when we listen to this call and all of them are stunned and say "But you sound so calm..." Yes, because my being a mess didn't serve this girl and wouldn't help her at all. After this call, I went outside and lost it for nearly 15 minutes. I couldn't stop thinking about her & what she'd been through and how she would cope. 16 years on, I still think about her.

I understand why you may think we are cold but maybe this has helped you to understand that most of us are not. We care a lot, that's why we do this job - to help people - and to help people, my emotions have to be packed away until a time when I can safely unpack them. (Thank god for my therapist! ;) )
Great post- so grateful for the work you do. To me Faye’s dispatch operator never sounded cold. She was methodical & deliberate- super focused. But she also sounded warm when she made the choice to stay on the line- after LE told her she could move on to other calls- because she didn’t want there to be any chance whatsoever for the call to disconnect by one party hanging up. She knew this mom was in trouble & wanted there to be no risk of interruption to getting help there as fast as possible. I thought it was handled with great awareness & compassion. Jmo

Hey all...sad ending to such a beautiful and short life. We have all fallen in love with Faye Marie.

I am not convinced CT is the perp. Call it a hunch. But I feel like he knew something and maybe even witnessed what happened and thus, maybe, he too, is a victim of a homicidal crime. We simply do not know. I am waiting on more concrete information to come out before making any judgment on him. LE is being strategic in how they are wording things. My feeling is that there is wayyyyy more than we know and that it will shock us when we get more information. JMO.

just my .02

Remembering Faye Marie. Praying for her family along with CT family. They also deserve our prayers. Victim or Perp. Another family is also suffering a loss.

I keep roladexing the day she was found. The movements of LE tells us some things:
1) something discovered in the trash sent them looking for her in the woods again.
2) they didn't go to the deceased males town home first

Which leads me to think that what they found in the trash directly related to the site she was in. When they discovered sweet Faye they knew where to go next.

Any thoughts on what was found in both places? I think it's more than the item mentioned on the missing report in the trash? Had to be something to lead them back to the woods and not the town home. JMO

Expecting on Tuesday that police will not reveal how Faye died only that she had been murdered and also expecting CT to be revealed either as the killer or the main suspect.

Interesting that they are doing this on Tuesday and not Monday, makes me think Faye's funeral will be on Monday. (has there been any word on this?)

It might be because Monday is President's Day (?) although, why that would matter, I'm not sure.

I keep roladexing the day she was found. The movements of LE tells us some things:
1) something discovered in the trash sent them looking for her in the woods again.

Which leads me to think that what they found in the trash directly related to the site she was in. When they discovered sweet Faye they knew where to go next.

Any thoughts on what was found in both places? I think it's more than the item mentioned on the missing report in the trash? Had to be something to lead them back to the woods and not the town home. JMO
My guess, which might be too simple, is her boots and some sort of digging tool.

Or maybe they found clothes that were muddy, indicating he removed her clothes when burying, thinking the clothing would be spotted in the woods?

I don't think we're dealing with a "criminal mind" and the clues were obviously obvious.

:(

Does anybody know the years Taylor worked at both Jimmy John's and Wingstop?

He has not officially been named a suspect and I thought we weren't supposed to sleuth him, beyond what is listed in MSM or LE sources.

jmo

His employment history has been reported in multiple MSM sources. (BBM)

Alicia Neaves on Twitter
JUST IN: We have learned Coty Taylor was the GM of the West Columbia Wingstop and began his employment in June of 2016. He is the man who was found dead at his home, and is connected to the #FayeSwetlik case.
6:47 PM - 15 Feb 2020 from South Carolina, USA

Who is Coty Scott Taylor, man linked to Faye Swetlik death?
2b80950d-f3e1-40cf-9b18-a3a623fcfd10_750x422.jpg

Who is Coty Scott Taylor, man linked to Faye Swetlik death?

According to the corporate offices of Jimmy Johns, Taylor stopped working there in 2015.

At this time of his death, Taylor was the general manager of a Wingstop location in West Columbia. He began his employment there in June of 2016, according to the company.

Last edited:

Been wondering also. Speculation only but maybe a picture or note that prompted LE to search that area again? Something that only locals or someone already through that area recognized?

Time for me to take a break from this case. I feel at this point every fact that the police and coroner want the public to know thus far has been presented to us via the press conference on the 14th. Until then, we wait until Tuesday's press conference for more details on the matter. The tip line is still open I noticed. The news keeps showing it and police are asking for more tips involving the case.

I personally don't need to hear the details on how Faye died or what may have been done to her body. I can make an educated guess and narrow it down to several sick ways the perp may have done it.
I am more interested in finding out more about the suspect's history and motives. The forensics and psychological aspects of crimes are far more appealing to me.

I was just thinking that since Faye went missing, statistically speaking, worldwide, nearly 10K have gone missing since that day on Monday. What a world we live in, wow.
According to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, nearly 2,000 children go missing each day worldwide (before panic sets it, remember most abductions are by family, relatives, someone close to the family, so many children statistically are returned and found safe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675