Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely understand your position better. Thank you for explaining. I also see that you are new here and I understand your frustration that it seems people are jumping to conclusions, especially since you have a bit of an insider perspective...but this is a sleuthing forum - trying to find answers and jumping from the facts we have to speculate is what we do! But you're right...we don't know. Kudos to you for refraining from judgement. I know personally I like to connect the dots to what seems like the most logical conclusion.

Also, I am sorry for you and the community for the tragedy that you are going through. May you all find healing.

Thanks for your kind response. Columbia is no stranger to violence, but when it involves a child...the community is just in shock and devastated.

My account is new, but I have been hanging around websleuths for a couple years now. Just decided to make a new account that can’t be tied to any other SM to discuss this case since it’s so close to home. Very much appreciate that this community for the most part is civil and doesn’t tolerate the level of BS that’s all over fb and reddit. It has been exhausting.

This event could not have been prevented unless parents keep children in their homes 24/7 which is not reality. World is full of evil and evil took away an innocent child. RIP little Miss Faye
Even then... we all have to sleep and children have been snatched in the middle of the night. Danielle Van Dam, Jessica Lunsford...

I don't know him, but I do have some mutual acquaintances since I'm local and in the same age group. I have reasons I won't discuss here that do shape my opinion further, but that's more hearsay. The autopsy will say a lot, and I'm hoping they have enough evidence to definitively answer some of these questions.

I know many in this discussion and all over the internet have already written CT off as the perp and may see my responses as defending the man who killed Faye. I am absolutely not denying the possibility that he could be behind this, and if he is, I'll feel nothing but disgust for him. But I am frustrated at how many people are jumping to conclusions. People swore up and down SC was involved at the beginning, and we see how that theory panned out. We just don't know.

I grieve for Faye and her family. I also grieve for CT's family, even moreso if the rumors about his involvement are not true.

Perhaps I'm splitting hairs on the difference (if there is any) between what it means to be "jumping to conclusions" vs. "Reasons that shape one's opinion further that are more hearsay"

If you are coming to the conclusion that he is not responsible (or keeping more of an open mind about it) due to reasons that shape your opinion further, how is that any more or less "jumping to a conclusion" than those who feel he is likely responsible based on the words and actions (or inactions) of LE or any of the additional reasons they may have that are shaping their opinions further? Guess I'm just wondering how, without anyone here having the same level of knowledge about the case as LE, would be "jumping to conclusions" any more OR any less than anyone else regardless of which conclusion you feel is the correct one.

Not many ppl want to go to jail or prison especially when a crime was committed against a child. That is why I think anything can be on the table . JMO
We seldom hear of a child killer being killed in prison. I think they are segregated with those convicted of similar crimes.
I hear of many more children murdered than inmate deaths.
Imo a lot of prisons allow an inmate to request segregation if he feels he’s at risk as well as staff using caution on where to place a specific inmate. Prison violence place prison staff in danger, I think most go to great lengths to avoid violence. Like everywhere, it occurs, cluster a lot of the same sex together & tempers flare.
I also think there is a huge misconception about prison.
Remember a few years ago when the two guys escaped from a NY prison? We later found out they enjoyed BBQs,
Slept in normal beds & seemed to enjoy a lot of things people found hard to believe. Moo

Perhaps I'm splitting hairs on the difference (if there is any) between what it means to be "jumping to conclusions" vs. "Reasons that shape one's opinion further that are more hearsay"

If you are coming to the conclusion that he is not responsible (or keeping more of an open mind about it) due to reasons that shape your opinion further, how is that any more or less "jumping to a conclusion" than those who feel he is likely responsible based on the words and actions (or inactions) of LE or any of the additional reasons they may have that are shaping their opinions further? Guess I'm just wondering how, without anyone here having the same level of knowledge about the case as LE, would be "jumping to conclusions" any more OR any less than anyone else here who has shared their thoughts or opinions.

I see your point. I guess the difference (imo) is that concluding CT murdered Faye based on the info we have and claiming it as truth on the internet does a lot more harm if he’s found not responsible.

Im not saying nobody should even entertain/discuss the possibility he is the perp. I totally see the possibility and the signs pointing to that conclusion, and in reality, we’re all here to discuss all the possibilities. But several posts in this thread this morning were speaking in absolutes, and calling anyone who hasn’t already condemned CT idiots. That’s not helpful.

THREAD HAS REOPENED.

WORD TO THE WISE:
- YOU CANNOT REASON WITH SOMEONE WHO IS UNREASONABLE.
- YOU CANNOT RATIONALIZE WITH SOMEONE WHO IS IRRATIONAL.
- IF YOU QUOTE POSTS THAT ARE IN VIOLATION OF TOS, YOUR POST IS A VIOLATION TOO.
- THREAD BANS HAVE BEEN AND WILL BE ISSUED.

THANK YOU FOR REPORTING THE POSTS THAT VIOLATE TOS, AND FOR TRYING YOUR BEST TO BE RESPECTFUL AND RESPONSIBLE MEMBERS OF WEBSLEUTHS.

CocoChanel

Last edited:
Evan Antley on Twitter
#FayeSwetlik case update with @Cayce_DPS Director Byron Snellgrove and @LexCoCoroner Margaret Fisher will be held Tuesday 2/18 3:00 PM at Trinity Baptist Church, Solomon's Porch. 2003 Charkeston Hwy Cayce, SC
2:58 PM - 17 Feb 2020

FEB 17, 2020
Press conference on the Faye Swetlik case will take place at 3 p.m. Tuesday - ABC Columbia Press conference on the Faye Swetlik case will take place at 3 p.m. Tuesday
Officials with the Cayce Department of Public Safety will update the public on the death investigation of Faye Swetlik on Tuesday afternoon.

[...]

I see your point. I guess the difference (imo) is that concluding CT murdered Faye based on the info we have and claiming it as truth on the internet does a lot more harm if he’s found not responsible.

Im not saying nobody should even entertain/discuss the possibility he is the perp. I totally see the possibility and the signs pointing to that conclusion, and in reality, we’re all here to discuss all the possibilities. But several posts in this thread this morning were speaking in absolutes, and calling anyone who hasn’t already condemned CT idiots. That’s not helpful.

I must have missed the posts this morning of people calling others idiots and since you didn't reference it in your initial post, it sounded as if you were saying that those of the opinion he is likely involved are simply jumping to conclusions vs having reasons that have shaped those opinions, and it just didn't seem like a fair assessment of a large group of posters here. But if I understand your follow up post correctly, you feel as though those who who are speaking in absolutes need to use terms such as likely, might be, jmo, moo, imo, etc and are jumping to conclusions in calling others idiots. I think I understand what you meant to say now. :)

Evan Antley on Twitter
#FayeSwetlik case update with @Cayce_DPS Director Byron Snellgrove and @LexCoCoroner Margaret Fisher will be held Tuesday 2/18 3:00 PM at Trinity Baptist Church, Solomon's Porch. 2003 Charkeston Hwy Cayce, SC
2:58 PM - 17 Feb 2020

FEB 17, 2020
Press conference on the Faye Swetlik case will take place at 3 p.m. Tuesday - ABC Columbia Press conference on the Faye Swetlik case will take place at 3 p.m. Tuesday
Officials with the Cayce Department of Public Safety will update the public on the death investigation of Faye Swetlik on Tuesday afternoon.

[...]
From the Columbia Press link:

“The Cayce Department of Public Safety, Lexington County Sheriff’s Department SLED, and the FBI are all still asking for assistance in the case. If you have any information or video footage from a home surveillance camera call 803-205-4444.”

This case is not wrapped up yet. Mo

Probably never know but I'd like to know if FS was lured or snatched from the yard? Regardless, it is scary how quickly someone can disappear. Seems like plenty of people and traffic in that neighborhood and no one saw her leave the yard. I've seen ads for tracking devices for kids to wear that if I had children currently I would get for them.

Probably never know but I'd like to know if FS was lured or snatched from the yard? Regardless, it is scary how quickly someone can disappear. Seems like plenty of people and traffic in that neighborhood and no one saw her leave the yard. I've seen ads for tracking devices for kids to wear that if I had children currently I would get for them.
I saw a pink bicycle in one of the videos. Was Miss Faye on her bike when out playing?

I don't think you can ever be too careful when it comes to personal safety. Both of these tools are for use "after the unthinkable happens" but come highly recommended:

Free FBI app could help law enforcement find your missing child faster

The Find'em Scent Safe by Dr. Coby Webb is a kit for securing the best scent item possible for use in search and rescue operations using bloodhounds to track missing persons.

I’m not so sure no one saw nothing. LE sure didn’t want the public to assist & they did tow a couple vehicles right away. I think they were towed because someone reported seeing one or both driving around looking for Faye (only speculating), we know Selena did go to a convenient store, hoping Faye was there. Idk if she went before or after the 911 call. Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EagleTwoCharlie