SC - KB, 30, (alive) & Charlie Carver, 32, (dec'd) Anderson, 31 Aug 2016 *Arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
That'd be my guess.

O/T funny story for a moment of easy reading in a truly horrific case: My dad was waterskiing at Lake Hartwell back in the 60s when he was a student at Clemson, and a fish flew straight up out of the water and bit him on the back of his leg. I didn't even know that fish could do such a thing! I've always pictured those flying fish from the first Super Mario Bros game whenever he tells that story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I am pretty sure it was Lake Hartwell because the person said Anderson was the town and that is right near that lake.

OT
LOL That is a funny story about your Dad getting bit by a fish while water skiing.

I absolutely fell in love with water skiing the very first time I ever tried it. I had snow skiid before I tried water skiing so I figured the edging was about the same although I had a dickens of time trying to get started out of the water. After numerous attempts of the boat dragging me through the water and me swallowing gulps of lake water I popped up out of the water and it was a blast. The only problem was nobody told me what to do when I was ready for the boat to stop so I started waving crazily at the boat to try to slow them down and they thought I was signaling them to go faster. LOL
I didnt know to just let go of the rope. LOL

After the boat sped up I panicked and bailed off to the side which was a stupid mistake because I skipped across the water like a skipping rock. LOL

What fun though. Everyone needs to try water skiing at least once in their life. Or inner tubing behind a boat at least. So much fun.

Hi, been lurking for a few months , love this site and adore the people on here doing everything they can to help. The story just reached Australia news where I am , here is the link http://www.news.com.au/world/north-...e/news-story/656d04c441a412946bdac99b9404b5b0
. It's interesting how nearly every news story contains slightly different or more info. Whether true on not well.. U know.. It's the media..
I'm so glad to hear that KB was found and hope she recovers from this. I fear for Charlie but I hope he is found alive. I wonder if he shot him before or after he chained her up..

:welcome6:

Her seeing him shoot him is probably what helped him gain control over her. She knew he was willing to commit murder at that point so it is easy to see how he managed to get chains around her and get her locked in that shed.

Welcome to WS !

Not sure if it's been mentioned already but Rivalsons.com was his graphics design company.
This comes up as a music band for me.

ETA: never mind. A few posts after the above quoted post, the information was corrected to sevensons.com.

This comes up as a music band for me.

I may be mistaken but I think someone earlier said that his old company may have let the domain expire and the website address was taken over by new people not associated with his old company.

I know this will not garner many fans, but after reading the entire psych evaluation and all supplemental documents, it didn't sound like he ever had a chance. His mother didn't want him, his father didn't want him. He sounded like collateral damage from their toxic relationship, and a 15 year old in an adult prison really doesn't stand much chance. I'm actually surprised he came out with the ability to blend back into the world as much as he did. His entire life eval talks about his desire for attention/love/acceptance. I hate to blame the mother here, but I wouldn't be surprised if her resentment towards bio father was transferred onto TK from the earliest of age. Not every child can handle/overcome the yo-yo of "I love you/I hate you". I'm guessing that may have been the theme of his formative years.

Of course all that is not to condone his crimes, more to just try and understand what makes a person do what they do. Sometimes your nature and your nurturing are a toxic mix.

I know this will not garner many fans, but after reading the entire psych evaluation and all supplemental documents, it didn't sound like he ever had a chance. His mother didn't want him, his father didn't want him. He sounded like collateral damage from their toxic relationship, and a 15 year old in an adult prison really doesn't stand much chance. I'm actually surprised he came out with the ability to blend back into the world as much as he did. His entire life eval talks about his desire for attention/love/acceptance. I hate to blame the mother here, but I wouldn't be surprised if her resentment towards bio father was transferred onto TK from the earliest of age. Not every child can handle/overcome the yo-yo of "I love you/I hate you". I'm guessing that may have been the theme of his formative years.

Of course all that is not to condone his crimes, more to just try and understand what makes a person do what they do. Sometimes your nature and your nurturing are a toxic mix.

I agree, actually.

I want to put this out there for the ladies of South Carolina. I live in the midlands. There is free self defense training offered by the Sheriff's Deparment of Richland County. The women officers who teach it work in the sex crimes unit and others, very knowledgeable. It's for women only who may need to fight someone bigger.

It's free and you can take it as many times as you want. I've taken it twice and I'd like to take it again.

http://www.rcsd.net/inv/vicassist-self-defense.html

Fyi CDC's laptop was never actually missing. It was said in the closed fb group made by CDC's family that NN took it when they split. So I'm still pretty sure it was NN posting on CDC'S fb.

I have to say, I'm not convinced by this. If they suspected the ex-wife (as it was clear they did for some time), it would make sense that they might think she had his laptop. They might remember a time where he let her use it etc etc... They might even slightly embellish the truth to cast suspicion on her more. It's natural, if you believe someone is in the wrong, to project even more guilt on them than is evidenced.

It would be a very odd coincidence that she starts updating with clown pictures after he's just made comments about clowns on his own facebook and references Hotel California. It also really doesn't make any sense for her to be mirroring her own account. She's already under suspicion, she hasn't been involved in their disappearance, so what is she goading about?

The facebook updates were goading, pure and simple. Who's someone who we know likes to post things online in plain sight (Amazon reviews anyone?) and likes to goad about what he's up to (facebook status updates)...? He would have absolutely reveled in the attention and the MSM articles on how creepy the updates were. He's a narcissist, we can see this on his resume and his SM profiles. He would have loved hiding in plain sight and, even better, someone else taking the flak.

Also, until we hear otherwise, I really think the ex-wife should catch a break. She's been under suspicion by friends, family and the majority of the general public in relation to their disappearance. She looks to be still grieving the loss of their relationship and now has to deal with his murder and the conflicting emotions that will bring. I'm happy to rescind this view if other information comes to light, but for the time being I think it's safe to assume TK is the complete psychopath and was not helped along by a second, unrelated psychopathic action of another person. The chances are pretty slim. He could have acquired CBC's password from KB also if she knew it, even if the laptop turned out not to be missing.

Off topic comment:

I know there's a lot of pages to read through, especially since KB was found, but the page count is being pushed up by lots of duplicated information and people saying "Not sure if this has been mentioned but... " and it makes the thread incredibly confusing when old, sometimes discounted, information is being posted again. Could I make an appeal for people to read through everything before posting? Make a note of things you think of elsewhere if you haven't got to the end. I read the whole lot through last night and it was hard work reading through the duplicates to find the new information.

Sorry to be a grump! Just thought I'd make the request [emoji5][emoji5]

I don't know that I trust this. I get her going out there for $500...but why was CDC there? This would have been what Wed 8/31 when she went quiet in the afternoon. I thought CDC was at work until 5:30PM or was that 8/30. If the latter would he take off work to do this with her?

A friend of CDC was quoted in other media saying they all met online and CDC and KB knew him casually. Odd all these best friends of KB never thought to mention him before she was found but were hounding CDC's ex. I have a feeling to preserve their privacy perhaps they just aren't releasing some details. I get it.

I believe TK asked them to come out and help remove some brush from his property when they arrived they knocked on the garage door TK opened it and that when Charlie was shot.
These poor ppl trusted this man and he was offering great pay as I see it $500.00 a house..... How can u refuse that.
He led them into the trap.

Theres no way to read through everything at this point, since posting was at a fever pitch for the last 2 days.

RSBM

I'll go back and edit. It wasn't supposed to sound instructive and I can see it reads that way 😊

Gah, can't edit it now. But it was not supposed to sound mean in any way, it was just to try and make the thread a bit clearer.

I agree!
But the thing is they let this man back into society knowing how damaged and violent he was without care. No follow up
No one wondering what he is up to. Once these ppl go to jail for their crimes they make sure to leave no witness the next time because they don't want to return to jail. Just because he has stayed of LEs radar does not mean he hasn't been active and doing despicable horrendous crimes. Look at all the lives ruined and forever changed by this one man.

He may even be a member. Wouldn't be the first time.

In all the of the 3 yrs I have been a member I never thought of any of "them" being members duh...but of course "they" can and no doubt are. Has anyone admitted or found out to be?

Theres no way to read through everything at this point, since posting was at a fever pitch for the last 2 days. TK booking details and previous known addresses: http://bailbondcity.com/indiana/insex-inmate-KOHLHEPP/650388

ETA: FAA recognizes TK, pilot: http://aviation-business-gazette.com/A35/B89/Pilot-Todd-Christopher-Kohlhepp-Moore-SC.html
Thank you so much Gigtu!
That Woodruff, SC is new to me. Y'all are excellent sleuths!
P.S. I've been very sick and it's hard to read for long periods of time for me right now. Forgive me if I ask questions that may have been answered already. When these threads get active, they get ACTIVE. You look away for a few minutes to watch or read an article and 5 pages later you're catching up again.:laughing:
Seriously should maybe open a thread to sleuth for other possible victims.
Question: Do y'all think that he prefers couples for the thrill? Or do you think he likely only abducts women alone and this time a boyfriend came with her? The reason I ask is I'm trying to figure out his MO. He also makes reference in one of the amazon reviews about the padlocks and mentions "older" people. So I wonder if he wasn't too picky about who his victims were and he was just trying out anything and everything. I did notice a year ago that there are a lot of people missing from the Carolina's and I wondered even back then if there was a serial killer in the area. Many were older too. Just an observation though. JMOO. I wonder if there is a way to do property searches to see where all he had land and homes. I wouldn't be surprised if he tells it all just to enjoy the thrill and teasing the LEO like many serial killers do. "you won't ever find them all." for example.
This guy is severely twisted and I am so glad she survived! She had angels all around her and a VERY strong will to live. Praying for her!

In all the of the 3 yrs I have been a member I never thought of any of "them" being members duh...but of course "they" can and no doubt are. Has anyone admitted or found out to be?
If anything...
I'm sure they read it. Just to get a thrill or find out info. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they've commented on their own crimes. Nothing shocks me any more. :(:(

"He said the last contact KB had on social media was with Kohlhepp."

I'm sorry to say this, but I really think LE were too apathetic about them being missing. I think they assumed, rather than investigating. I know there are processes, but... It took longer than it needed to.

Any other missing persons case where action has been taken immediately shows that where there's a will...
I have to agree that it is quite strange taking 2 months...did LE ever talk to him at any point in their investigation. Not knowing how long it took to obtain the info...but still why would it take so long if there was a need to locate them sooner in case they were in need of assistance. Just alone his prior history which LE would have immediate access and 95 acres of property.... Last phone call and she also worked for him..... Very strange took 2 months.

When we Google these missing persons Websleuths is usually the first thing to pop up.
I'm pretty sure many of these low life's have read here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member