SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton *Guilty* #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite the name, I doubt that "Murdaugh Productions" has anything to do with the Murdaugh family.

I believe it's common to create a legal entity that exists to make just one movie. The producers do this to limit their liability. And they often will name the entity to reflect the movie title.

I did some googling and found some other examples linked to the Johnson Production Group:

A movie called Caught in His Web about a cyber-stalker: Cyber Productions, Inc. is producing the film in association with Johnson Production Group.

A movie about an Amish teenager: An Amish Sin was produced for Lifetime by Amish Productions Inc. in association with Johnson Production Group.

On IMDB, both Cyber Productions and Amish Productions are listed with just a single movie associated with them.
I agree and also found where Murdaugh Productions Inc applied for a business license in Langley, BC. It didn’t provide any details other than saying it was an out of town company. But Murdaugh Murders was filmed in British Columbia and I suspect Johnson Production created the Murdaugh Productions Inc to obtain the license in BC.

I agree and also found where Murdaugh Productions Inc applied for a business license in Langley, BC. It didn’t provide any details other than saying it was an out of town company. But Murdaugh Murders was filmed in British Columbia and I suspect Johnson Production created the Murdaugh Productions Inc to obtain the license in BC.
@ch_13 and @aafromaa, thanks for research.

There has been some discussion on this thread about how certain very expensive lawyers might be getting paid, if they had helped provide content (like recordings) for recent documentaries, if they were compensated for participating, and if the survivor might also gain financially from film and TV media. Just wondering if anything formal could have developed. Only my musings. MOO.

There has been some discussion on this thread about how certain very expensive lawyers might be getting paid, if they had helped provide content (like recordings) for recent documentaries, if they were compensated for participating, and if the survivor might also gain financially from film and TV media. Just wondering if anything formal could have developed. Only my musings. MOO.
I would say AM's defense at this point is in the high six figures. With the appeals and all the latest filings about jury tampering, I'd say it will easily end up $1M+. Maybe Dick and Jim have given AM the friend discount rate. :mad:

MOO

I first saw a Murdaugh entity in the end notes/credits for BM's documentary or The Fall of the House of Murdaugh so I'm inclined to think all the lawyers in the picture have been directed to set up BM's financial future. Whether or not this also came with a handshake that BM will also one day make said lawyers whole is another story. JMO

If this is the actor as AM on these promo clips he seems to have a good handle on the part.
I haven’t watched any of it yet, but I will.
Always been a fan of Bill Pullman. When I first saw the promo photos,
I thought Oh No! Now I won’t like him anymore, lol.
Kind of like when actor Mark Harmon played Ted Bundy in a made-for-television movie years ago. I was afraid I wouldn’t be able to watch him in any other role without associating him with the creepy Bundy.

I got over it though and now just see Jethro Gibbs ( NCIS ) when I see his face ;):cool:

Here‘s Pullman’s website:

I haven’t watched any of it yet, but I will.
Always been a fan of Bill Pullman. When I first saw the promo photos,
I thought Oh No! Now I won’t like him anymore, lol.
Kind of like when actor Mark Harmon played Ted Bundy in a made-for-television movie years ago. I was afraid I wouldn’t be able to watch him in any other role without associating him with the creepy Bundy.

I got over it though and now just see Jethro Gibbs ( NCIS ) when I see his face ;):cool:

Here‘s Pullman’s website:

I admit that I’m in the dark with pop culture (I once thought that Jlo and Jennifer Lopez were 2 different people) so I looked him up. He has been quite impressive in this movie.

[…]

While Murdaugh Productions is simply the name of the Canadian production, and not a firm established by Alex Murdaugh in a seedy plot to make dirty money, there is at least one executive producer from the South Carolina Lowcountry: Jason Ryan, author of Jackpot, who is currently putting the finishing touches on a book about the Murdaugh dynasty and crime saga, Swamp Kings.

Ryan, like the author of this blog, and only a handful of other journalists and authors, endured almost every day of the six-week Murdaugh murder trial, covering it in person from inside the Colleton County Courthouse.

While this is a dramatic reenactment — and screen writers can take creative liberties — a serious effort was made to base this story on true facts and add authentic local flavor and color, said Ryan.

"I worked as a consultant and executive producer on the film," said Ryan. "My main job was to help the filmmakers get the facts straight. I shared notes from my on-the-ground reporting, gave guidance on the Lowcountry and the South, and suggested edits to the script. I provided a lot of information about the murder trial of Alex Murdaugh, including details of what happened outside the courtroom. The filmmakers seemed committed to telling a true story and portraying the unsettling killings accurately."

[…]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member