SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton *Guilty* #44

While awaiting trial in the Richland County jail, Alex Murdaugh got into a fight with a man charged with burglarizing and sexually assaulting one of Murdaugh’s nieces…
Sources familiar with the fight between Murdaugh and the inmate confirmed that he has told people about the fight and that the man Murdaugh fought with was angry at him. The sources did not want their names made public. Richland County officials, who operate the Alvin S. Glenn Detention Center, have not responded to queries about the incident.
“They put this guy in the same pod at Alvin S. Glenn as Alex,” said one source whom Alex spoke to. “They were out in an open area together and the guy comes up to Alex and tries to explain how Alex’s family is framing him, and that just started a fight.” The fight went on for some time.

“Both of them got real banged up,” the source said. “The jail was somewhat chagrined that they had had them together. They were never put together again.” The source said the jail was so understaffed “they had Alex in there breaking up fights.”

"The source said the jail was so understaffed “they had Alex in there breaking up fights.”
Where is the head in palm emoji?

"The source said the jail was so understaffed “they had Alex in there breaking up fights.”
Maybe that was on Tuesdays and Thursdays, they had him Manning the Ethics booth.

'Inmates running the asylum' comes to mind.

Wishful thinking that Alec would fade from notoriety.

Jmo

The article has more info about the other criminal.

"The man Murdaugh fought with is Robert Drayton, 42, who is now serving a life sentence for burglary, plus two 30-year sentences for kidnapping and criminal sexual conduct. He is not eligible for parole.

Drayton, who represented himself, was convicted of those charges involving Murdaugh’s niece in July 2023 after a four-day jury trial.

During sentencing before a packed courtroom, Judge Heath Taylor said he was shocked at the crime’s brutality and told Drayton he had always wondered why burglary first degree — one of the crimes for which the jury found Drayton guilty — carried the possibility of a maximum life sentence."

BakerHostetler, Partner Hit With Suit Over Murdaugh-Linked Work​

BakerHostetler partner Jason D’Cruz is facing another lawsuit over his work defending a South Carolina grocery chain in a high-profile wrongful death case.

D’Cruz and the law firm were sued Tuesday by investigation company Inquiry Agency LLC. The company says it was hired by BakerHostetler to dig up information on the Murdaughs, a powerful South Carolina family who caught national attention when Alex Murdaugh was accused of killing his wife and son.

Inquiry says its work was part of a “public relations campaign” to steer blame for a fatal 2019 boating accident in which Murdaugh’s son, Paul, was allegedly driving under the influence.

[…]

The article has more info about the other criminal.

"The man Murdaugh fought with is Robert Drayton, 42, who is now serving a life sentence for burglary, plus two 30-year sentences for kidnapping and criminal sexual conduct. He is not eligible for parole.

Drayton, who represented himself, was convicted of those charges involving Murdaugh’s niece in July 2023 after a four-day jury trial.

During sentencing before a packed courtroom, Judge Heath Taylor said he was shocked at the crime’s brutality and told Drayton he had always wondered why burglary first degree — one of the crimes for which the jury found Drayton guilty — carried the possibility of a maximum life sentence."

Even tho she isn’t named I think the niece has been thru enough without this attention.

More info from The State article:

The allegations included:
▪ Spending $543 on a going away lunch for a unidentified member of the solicitor’s office — expenses included alcoholic drinks (Jagermeister and Limoncello), meals and appetizers.
▪ Giving a photograph to an unnamed individual of an inmate in a holding cell at the Colleton County courthouse. The inmate was not named, but it may have been Murdaugh. Hill gave the photograph to promote sales of her book.
▪ Using her position to direct a $2,000 bonus to herself in September 2021.
▪ Using her position to direct a $2,500 bonus to herself in September 2022.
▪ Using her position to direct a $2,500 bonus to herself in March 2023.
▪ Using her position to negotiate the use of the Colleton County courthouse — apparently with a media company — in exchange for the promotion of her book.
▪ Using her position to direct payments of hundreds of dollars in county funds to a company with which she had a business relationship, Community Innovations.
▪ Using her position to buy hundreds of dollars worth of office decorations and presents for employees for birthdays, Valentine’s Day, Easter and Mother’s Day.
▪ Using her position to buy hundreds of dollars worth of meals and gifts for other occasions for courthouse and judicial staffs.

IMO, some of these charges are pretty serious. Especially the self-dealing and paying herself unauthorized bonuses. And the bonuses allegedly come from federal funds meant to support children. Presumably that means those charges can be prosecuted as a federal crime. Yikes!

The State Ethics Commission has filed 76 charges against Becky Hill, accusing her of misusing her office and taking money.

From the article:

Hayes wrote in her complaint, “I asked her one time if it was ethical for her to write herself a bonus check and she said it’s federal money right and I said I didn’t want her to go to jail for unethical behavior and she said she heard federal prison is pretty comfy.”

Is there anyone down there who isn't a crook? Good lord.
Not just crooked, but crooked and dumb.

The State Ethics Commission has filed 76 charges against Becky Hill, accusing her of misusing her office and taking money.

The entire bunch of clowns and unethical individuals involved in this entire case from the beginning to end makes me sick. This woman BH, had no regard for the sanctity of the Court, was looking to make a $$ any way she could.

I hope she is punished by law for her crimes as well. Maybe someone can sneak in the jail and take a photo of her.

GAAAAAAAAAAH, they all make me sick. Except Creighton Waters, he was a rock star in this case and Judge Newman.

MOO

I think he needs a whole face palm emoji tat'ed on his face.
But he should have signed up to be a hostage negotiator, did the world a favor. He shot his own son ,instead.
I know all the prison people relate to him and respect him as a person ,ya know.
Now ,the truth is he is likely protecting his anus with his law knowledge. In prison he is an asset ,but a dirt nasty one with all his charm. He is about to be taught how not to feel so important. Guy's I am sinfully giddy!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DirtyV53
Back