SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton *Guilty* #44

worm

Reaction score
Not much on this yet but I got it on yahoo and foxcarolina.com. This mother and son were found near a dog kennel on their property in Colleton County SC. Their family has a long history of connections to the legal system in the Lowcountry and the son, who was murdered, was currently facing charges in a boating accident causing death.

2 Murdaugh family members shot, killed in Colleton County SC homicide

APPROVED LOCAL SOURCES:
FITSNEWS
The Island Packet

APPROVED PODCASTS:
Murdaugh Murders by Mandy Matney
Impact of Influence - The Murdaugh Family Murders

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16
Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #36 Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43

Last edited by a moderator:
That seems like a really long time. My husband passed in Jan 2021 and it was 2-3 months. I wonder what the problem was. They don’t look especially ornate or a fancy type of stone.
Yes, just Mother & Son and their DOB and DOD. I've never seen that either especially in the South.

JMO

That seems like a really long time. My husband passed in Jan 2021 and it was 2-3 months. I wonder what the problem was. They don’t look especially ornate or a fancy type of stone.

The next of kin usually does that but in this case the next of kin put them there. I would think that other family members would step up.

I would imagine that the tricky part of creating a headstone for these two victims of murder is that Alex is so hated. I am sad to conjecture that if the headstones hit a wrong note, it might invite vandalism. I would imagine this was a hard thing for the families to do. I am wondering if this is a family plot that Alex would eventually inhabit as well.
Yes, just Mother & Son and their DOB and DOD. I've never seen that either especially in the South.

JMO

I would imagine that the tricky part of creating a headstone for these two victims of murder is that Alex is so hated. I am sad to conjecture that if the headstones hit a wrong note, it might invite vandalism. I would imagine this was a hard thing for the families to do. I am wondering if this is a family plot that Alex would eventually inhabit as well.
Oh sad, but super good point about the vandalism.

Another good question, where will AM be buried? kaen, you've got my mind on overdrive now LOL.

Oh sad, but super good point about the vandalism.

Another good question, where will AM be buried? kaen, you've got my mind on overdrive now LOL.

If the Murdaugh family still believes that AM is innocent, they might bury him with family. I am unsure where Maggie and Paul are buried. Are they with Maggie's family, the Murdaugh extended family, in a small immediate family plot or in their own 2 person plot?

To me, this is one more way that Alex is a selfish sob. He killed them, forced people to choose to support him, and refused responsibility. Even in death, Maggie and Paul are still affected by him. Just wish he would admit what he did and crawl under a prison rock.

Convicted murder and confessed fraudster Alex Murdaugh soon will face another round of sentencing for his litany of crimes.

U.S. District Judge Richard Gergel has scheduled a sentencing hearing for Murdaugh on Monday, April 1, 2024,

The hearing is set for 10 a.m. at the J. Waties Waring Judicial Center in Charleston.

[…]

Under South Carolina law, the crimes to which Murdaugh pleaded guilty in state court carry a mandatory minimum service time equal to 85% of the full sentence.

Under that structure, Murdaugh would be eligible for parole from state prison in the fraud and money laundering cases for the first time after 22 years.

However, the prospect of Alex Murdaugh ever walking free from prison remains in extreme doubt. Murdaugh is currently also serving two life prison sentences for the June 2021 murders of his wife, Maggie, and son, Paul.

[…]

Last edited:

Convicted murder and confessed fraudster Alex Murdaugh soon will face another round of sentencing for his litany of crimes.

U.S. District Judge Richard Gergel has scheduled a sentencing hearing for Murdaugh on Monday, April 1, 2024,

The hearing is set for 10 a.m. at the J. Waties Waring Judicial Center in Charleston.

[…]

Under South Carolina law, the crimes to which Murdaugh pleaded guilty in state court carry a mandatory minimum service time equal to 85% of the full sentence.

Under that structure, Murdaugh would be eligible for parole from state prison in the fraud and money laundering cases for the first time after 22 years.

However, the prospect of Alex Murdaugh ever walking free from prison remains in extreme doubt. Murdaugh is currently also serving two life prison sentences for the June 2021 murders of his wife, Maggie, and son, Paul.

[…]

April Fools Day is an appropriate day for AM’s sentencing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back