Found Deceased SC - Sheridan Wahl, 21, Myrtle Beach, 19 Sep 2021

See pages 3 and 4.
Her purported instagram account has a last post dated Fri 9/17, with hashtags "stolencar," "detetive," (sic) "the9," and "911" (she maybe meant to type 'detective'?).

Despite appearing to be active and engaged on Insta there’s actually a long gap between posts between October 2020 and August this year. Could be that she deleted a whole bunch if they referred to a time in her life that she no longer wanted to feature on her socials, could be that she just didn’t post I guess.

Also MB police don’t specify exactly when she left the area safely. It may be that she wasn’t at that scooter shop or on that boulevard at the time she said she was. She may not have been there at all.

If she was left in that location it’s extra weird. Who in their right mind would risk going on or near a fire station in that set of circumstances? Would it be manned 24/7? I don’t know much about rural South Carolina fire services.

Last edited:
Or did she perhaps break down somewhere along that route after leaving Myrtle Beach and someone attacked her? There’s a whiff of local knowledge about this. Someone who knows the area, the fire station etc.

See pages 3 and 4.
Her purported instagram account has a last post dated Fri 9/17, with hashtags "stolencar," "detetive," (sic) "the9," and "911" (she maybe meant to type 'detective'?).

As crazy as it sounds, I hope she didn't run into Brian Laundrie as he was trying to get out of Florida. 9/17 was the day his lawyer reported him missing.

Would it be manned 24/7? I don’t know much about rural South Carolina fire services.

hi yes local resident here - the fire tower they located SW deceased at (Hannah-Salem) is an area training tower meant for training firefighters repelling, climbing, etc, for search and rescue training. it is not manned 24/7 and used primarily for training purposes.

What a strange place to put a body! I don't know how often this happens, but with such a newly found body, how was the cause of death found inconclusive? I wonder if they were waiting on toxicology? Was she traveling alone? That seems odd to drive all the way to MB and then turn right around after being denied shoes.

What a strange place to put a body! I don't know how often this happens, but with such a newly found body, how was the cause of death found inconclusive? I wonder if they were waiting on toxicology? Was she traveling alone? That seems odd to drive all the way to MB and then turn right around after being denied shoes.
I think that initial inconclusive report was more of a "no obvious signs of trauma" if I remember correctly. I don't think there's a medical examiner's report yet.

She was found wearing a brown tank top, orange shorts and no shoes. A brown hat was laying on the ground near the body along with some sunglasses.

Source: Police report provided by ABC15news

[edited to fix a spelling error]

She seems to be fully dressed, except shoes. I find it interesting that the vehicle licence plate was missing and VIN number obscured. Someone did not want the vehicle to be connected to Sheridan.

She wasn't kidnapped for her vehicle, since that was torched 10 miles West of her body. It seems like there was barely enough time to leave the scooter rental and drive 55 miles to the location where the car was torched an hour later.

I hope toxicology is released. I'm curious whether someone drugged her and it turned out to be fatal - as that is one explanation for the short timeline that includes leaving the body obscured, but close enough to the main road to continue farther away to torch the vehicle.

The Facetime call must have triggered her mother that something was wrong. When she reported Sheridan missing (just before midnight on Sunday Sept.19th) she said that Sheridan's father (and a friend) have been driving around and looking for Sheridan all day.

So based on that information I guess that the mother alerted the father soon after the Facetime call (1pm Sept. 19th) between mother and Sheridan. JMO.

Source: The missing person report provided by WMBF news (see page 2)

I think you're right - something about the facetime call concerned the mother. She must have contacted the father for help.

I think there might be some information involving the time right before she left Florida on this trip through the FaceTime conversation that we aren’t privy to right now that might explain some things. Frankly none of it makes sense to me.
I don’t think her conversation on FaceTime had anything to do with renting scooters. Why did she not visit her father? Why was her mother compelled to tell her to drive on back to Florida?

I don’t have Instagram so can you tell me what was said or is that against WS rules?

I don't have an instagram account. It seems that her profile is public. The last upload has a very different look and tone to her usual uploads.

If the last upload is dated Sept 17, I'd like to know when she left Florida. Was it Sept 18?

Login • Instagram

I was thinking that there was possibly a time difference discrepancy between the facetime call and the time in myrtle beach but that's not possible with it being so far east.

such a short time to the car find. It's truly a head scratcher.

Despite appearing to be active and engaged on Insta there’s actually a long gap between posts between October 2020 and August this year. Could be that she deleted a whole bunch if they referred to a time in her life that she no longer wanted to feature on her socials, could be that she just didn’t post I guess.

Also MB police don’t specify exactly when she left the area safely. It may be that she wasn’t at that scooter shop or on that boulevard at the time she said she was. She may not have been there at all.

If she was left in that location it’s extra weird. Who in their right mind would risk going on or near a fire station in that set of circumstances? Would it be manned 24/7? I don’t know much about rural South Carolina fire services.

She was at or near the scooter rental location.

"SHE FACE TIMED WITH HER DAUGHTER AROUND1300 HOURS AND SHE WAS AT 303C S. OCEAN BLVD THE RENT ME SUPERSTORE"
https://www.scribd.com/document/526938845/Sheridan-Wahl-Missing-Person-Report

Google Maps

I think there might be some information involving the time right before she left Florida on this trip through the FaceTime conversation that we aren’t privy to right now that might explain some things. Frankly none of it makes sense to me.
I don’t think her conversation on FaceTime had anything to do with renting scooters. Why did she not visit her father? Why was her mother compelled to tell her to drive on back to Florida?

She did tell her mother during the facetime call that she was unable to rent a scooter because she was not wearing shoes.

Was her mom aware of her car being stolen? Was the car really stolen? She was last seen on 9/19, but that was posted on 9/17 on Instagram. I really hope there are cameras by the fire station.

As far as everyone saying she told her mom she could not rent the scooter bc didn't have shoes on...she did not say she was barefoot. She very well could have had on flip flops or sandals and I wouldn't be surprised at all if they had a policy that to rent on you had to have close-toed shoes or something for liability sake. Now when her body was found they said she did not have shoes on but to me that would mean barefoot otherwise they would have said sandals etc. I just think her telling her mom "no shoes" didnt mean she was barefoot or didnt bring any sort of footwear with her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back