Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
She didn't have a 2008 Infinity, just that old Infiniti clunker that was repossessed. All she could have was a funky dream board in a cubby hole at Granny's. What a waste!!!

BBM:

Right, but she WANTED a brand new (back then) 2008 Infiniti. Of course, she deserved nothing less than a $35k car...

And, I believe (?) that her old Infiniti was only a 2004 (so, four-years-old). With proper maintenance, that car should have lasted her for many years. But she ran it into the ground, and then neglected to make the payments. So, poof -- gone!

I've stumbled across a HLN program called Nancy Grace Mysteries and lo and behold the episode on right now is on 281129's trial. Trial Notes Week 10, started off with the jury asking her questions, and now JM cross examining her about the gas cans.

It's actually a really good show, I usually can't stand NG but she's not as bombastic on this program.

ETA Nancy gives some good commentary about legal strategy and why this or that is good or bad for the defense or the prosecution. Bottom Line is the jury's questions make it clear they don't believe her story.

I got looking at the first trial, Day 5. I have evidently never seen this tape before. Mendes was new to me. The other witness who was new to me, is the blood spatter person. This young woman is a genius choice as a foil to Jodi! 1) She has a way more convincing "librarian look", and it is entirely consistent with how her brain works; 2) she can't lie.....; 3) she bends over backwards to get exactly precise, not exaggerate, etc.; 4) there's 0 BS; 5) she's studious and hardworking; 6) she's unassuming; 7) her hands are gigantic, long bony fingers!

Jodi has those gigantic hands....But there are hands that kill and hands that work precisely to arrive at the truth.

I paid attention to the hands because in evidence about when Jodi's prints were taken in Mesa (at the memorial time?), there wasn't room for her whole handprint on the front of the print paper, so it had to be done again on the back. This doesn't seem likely unless Jodi's hands are very large, since the paper would certainly accommodate most men's handprints?

I got looking at the first trial, Day 5. I have evidently never seen this tape before. Mendes was new to me. The other witness who was new to me, is the blood spatter person. This young woman is a genius choice as a foil to Jodi! 1) She has a way more convincing "librarian look", and it is entirely consistent with how her brain works; 2) she can't lie.....; 3) she bends over backwards to get exactly precise, not exaggerate, etc.; 4) there's 0 BS; 5) she's studious and hardworking; 6) she's unassuming; 7) her hands are gigantic, long bony fingers!

Jodi has those gigantic hands....But there are hands that kill and hands that work precisely to arrive at the truth.

I paid attention to the hands because in evidence about when Jodi's prints were taken in Mesa (at the memorial time?), there wasn't room for her whole handprint on the front of the print paper, so it had to be done again on the back. This doesn't seem likely unless Jodi's hands are very large, since the paper would certainly accommodate most men's handprints?

The killer's hands are huge-like a man's hands.

I saw the killer's hands as gi-normous in every photo or vid I have ever seen of her yet I still recall the time Troy Hayden (reporter who had considerable face to face contact with the killer during trial as well as before and after) commenting specifically on the size of Killer's hands--words to the effect that her hands were tiny, smaller than his own 13-year-old daughter's hands. I always found that bit of reporting to be extremely odd especially coming from Hayden. I mean, even if photos and videos are deceiving and show Killer's hands larger than in person, I refuse to believe there could be that much of a discrepancy.

I never have been able to figure out why Hayden reported that because IMO what he claimed did not ring true and I was floored that any reporter would state something so unreasonable as pure fact, especially one with a reputation for reporting the facts and not embellishing.

Killer's hands are huge in relation to the rest of her physique, IMO. I will never believe otherwise even if it should be reported by The Pope.

I saw the killer's hands as gi-normous in every photo or vid I have ever seen of her yet I still recall the time Troy Hayden (reporter who had considerable face to face contact with the killer during trial as well as before and after) commenting specifically on the size of Killer's hands--words to the effect that her hands were tiny, smaller than his own 13-year-old daughter's hands. I always found that bit of reporting to be extremely odd especially coming from Hayden. I mean, even if photos and videos are deceiving and show Killer's hands larger than in person, I refuse to believe there could be that much of a discrepancy.

I never have been able to figure out why Hayden reported that because IMO what he claimed did not ring true and I was floored that any reporter would state something so unreasonable as pure fact, especially one with a reputation for reporting the facts and not embellishing.

Killer's hands are huge in relation to the rest of her physique, IMO. I will never believe otherwise even if it should be reported by The Pope.

Sssshhh. ;)

Before DH finds me, blanket over head, typing, like when I was a young girl sneeking in one more hour beyond bedtime of reading Nancy Drew by flashlight....

By every other account, her hands are creepy mutant huge!!!!
:D

Sssshhh. ;)

Before DH finds me, blanket over head, typing, like when I was a young girl sneeking in one more hour beyond bedtime of reading Nancy Drew by flashlight....

Heh heh knew you couldn't stay away for 48 hours. LOL

Merry Christmas everyone!

And yes, her hands are huge, look at the size compared to her head:

ja12215.jpg

Sssshhh. ;)

Did Santa bring you a new laptop/tablet? :)

View attachment 86163

Freaky huge, right?

But some people have large hands and it is not a big deal, really. I have a friend with very large hands and feet and she does not have an evil bone in her body.

RickshawFan said it very clearly: It is not the size of one's hands but what they choose to do with them that matters.

View attachment 86163

Hhhmmmph. I most certainly can and did. I stayed away for 58 hours, 20 minutes, and by the time I type the period, 15.2 seconds. So there. :D

:snowflake::snowball::snowball::snowflake:

Merry Christmas...

Let's give this a whirl with a sophomoric interpretation of her dreams:
-a big fat engagement ring
-home of Dracula (creep creep, Transylvania) slap up against a contemplative serene cloister; wasn't she stalking Dracula at one stage? the goth boyfriend?
-she can look forward to someone building a Taj Mahal to celebrate her magnificent place in the world and how much she will be missed when she's gone; this is her idea of spirituality
-scales for gold....or maybe for the wage of sin?.....the balance of Lady Justice? ironic, Jodi, ironic
-a game console so she could "play" (i.e. deceive) Travis
-a dungeon? well, if that isn't prophetic.. maybe it's a wine cellar? maybe she's just lovin' her prison hooch made from koolaid and bruised apples?
-Stonehenge; maybe she thinks she'll buy it with all her hooker goodies?
-the art of life: the blobby damp spot on her cell wall...
-Alpenglow on the Matterhorn? the 20' rec yard metal fence kinda gets in the way of the sunset don't ya think?
-another ring? on those fingers? poor little Jodi; it will assuredly bend the bent finger in yet another direction

Jodi writes of a quite day at Travis's. He was doing something important, and she was going to make a dream broad and I thought how juvenile. I guess it goes along with her positive affirmations, and those thoughts that bring it to pass. I guess putting a photo of Travis would be to obvious. The second ring is a ppl on I think.

The creepiest photo was at Havasu falls when she had her hands around TA's neck.

I never thought of them as "man's hands" though. The fingers are long and bony.

It just seems weird that TH would be commenting on JA's hands at all, especially if he was going to get his information wrong.

Have you ever seen female gymnasts' hands? From swinging bars, their arms go down to, like, their knees and their hands are disproportionately long. Unlike Jodi's, these are hands that work very hard.

The blood spatter "librarian" (I do admire her, so that's not meant to be disparaging) mostly keeps her hands on her lap, but all of a sudden, they peeked out. Woah!

In that same exchange, she asks about a warranty that covers "submersion" and I lol when he replied "already covered".

So yeah, she was definitely laying the groundwork - especially considering how the camera wound up in the washer machine - with bleach no less@

So the general consensus is this - that she planned on leaving the camera in the washing machine, it wasn't done by accident. Well, that's kind of what I've thought as well. Which means that she wanted the dirty pics to be on there and believed they would be found or believed they would be destroyed. Or she just didn't realize they would have that days date on them? How did that date get on them anyway, because that's when she uploaded them to his camera? Do I sound confused? :D

So the general consensus is this - that she planned on leaving the camera in the washing machine, it wasn't done by accident. Well, that's kind of what I've thought as well. Which means that she wanted the dirty pics to be on there and believed they would be found or believed they would be destroyed. Or she just didn't realize they would have that days date on them? How did that date get on them anyway, because that's when she uploaded them to his camera? Do I sound confused? :D

I do not think the killer planned in advance to put the camera in the washer. In any premeditated crime there are probably crime-in-progress or immediate aftermath details that have not gone exactly as planned and require spur-of-the-moment decisions and I think it more likely the camera in the washer was either that or an accident.

Killer probably asked about coverage in case of submersion because she planned in advance to take shower photos and was thinking things could get intense and thus wetter than would be normally expected. Or possibly her advance planning involved tossing all evidence in a lake somewhere although that seems less likely because I can't figure why she would want to ensure he had insurance coverage of a damaged camera if she was planning on him being dead by the time the damage was discovered.

JMO

I believe psychopathy is primarily a genetic disorder. If someone has autism or mental retardation, undoubtedly early environment has a role to play in social development and functional outcomes, but the condition will limit the extent the environment can attenuate the condition. The same is true for psychopathy, imo.

Unlike the autism or mental retardation spectrums, psychopathy is a high-functioning disorder, it's difficult to detect because it only effects the deepest parts of the individual's identity. They are able to function socially and intellectually at a very high level, the illness sits deeply hidden in the psychopath's inmost interpretation of their social interactions. That interpretation consists of a profound isolation, a complete inability to be touched by others emotions, a complete lack of conscience because no true connection with others is possible.

Look at Scott Peterson, his mother doted on him, he was the golden child, provided plenty of attention, yet he was a full blown psychopath just the same.

There is a researcher who was doing brain scans to try to identify psychopaths, and he was able to see profound indications in the scans, he was shocked to see his own brain scan showed him to be a psychopath, he was not a criminal, antisocial, or anything. He said he was raised in an extremely loving, socially nourishing, secure environment. What that did was give no ground for antisocial behaviors to develop, yet the condition still showed up via the brain scan. Essentially, his exceptionally positive early environment had made the social consequences of his psychopathy dormant.

Psychopathy as other personality disorders, are on a continuum, there are varying degrees, severe versus not so severe. Depending on the degree or where they are on the continuum, nurture in the life of the child can make a huge difference. Maybe that's why we see psychopaths as physicians, attorneys and bankers, who live a normal life with families and never commit crimes of violence, or any crimes for that matter. I've ran into some successful attorneys that I would bet my life that they're psychopaths, cold, vacant eyes, etc. But they're successful and have families. I really don't know what women see in them though with their cold eyes ... oh, wait $$$ signs? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member