Shannan Gilbert's 23 Minute 911 Call #2

The scenario you outlined so well also reminds of a podcast I listed to that mentioned that Joseph Brewer implied he was also throwing a party or at least one friend over when he contacted Shannan and asked her to join him in OB. Perhaps corresponding to the information you outlined this unnamed friend was Ruis.

Just my own speculation and could be wrong.

Also, if Ruis was out on bail then I wish LEO had offered Shannan some type of protection. I only say this because her personal safety could have been put in jeopardy if her status as CI for the prosecution became known to Ruis, who already knew where she and her boyfriend lived, knew many of her clients and where they were located and exerted control over how much money Shannan, Pak and her boyfriend could bring home. Unfortunately, through his sex trafficking rings he probably had access to a vast network of clients and other sex workers that could keep tabs on all three and lure them into a precarious or sinister situation.

Sorry for the ramble! It was just a thought I had.
This makes sense

Again… we now know SG was not in a drug induced state & had no drugs in her system even though dr. PH said he injected her with medication. Dr. PH either lied, or the ME report is a lie. Neither of those two scenarios is good. I have a degree in criminal justice & I have seen some shady ME paperwork. If SG was actually drugged by dr. PH then a negative drug toxicology report would clear him of any nefarious injection of drugs right? Here is something else that doesn’t make sense to myself as a member of the public, PH had to have had SG’s cell phone & looked up her family’s numbers on it to get her mothers home number. Or he got her wallet to see her real name & had police buddies look up her family. Also, it appears her belongings were dumped at one sight and SG was placed (where she was finally located) from parkway. That was probably an attempt to make it look like she had ran from point A to point B through the marsh, but nothing about that should just be assumed. No one even knows if SG actually died that night or if she was placed at that location some days or weeks later. For some reason the incorrect/unknown but still an assumption by people thus far are:
1) SG was on drugs & OD’d (not true according to ME report)
2) SG died from drowning (but found face up)
3) SG ran through the marsh (no evidence of that)
4) SG died from the harsh elements (it was a mild evening).
5) SG walked into the marsh and died THAT SAME NIGHT (no one knows when she actually died).
I’m sure there are more but the point is, we cannot assume anything.
5) silently took her pants off, dropped her belongings & ran into the marsh

I agree that it sounds that something was going on, if I heard correctly the guy said lets go outside, suicide. Did anyone else catch that? Now it may have just sounded like that but I found that really strange and coincidental but maybe I heard wrong. Also, I recall her saying that they set her up, or they planned this. She sounded very coherent about it to me. Of course they would deny this either way since she was on the phone with dispatch. It sounds like there may be 3 men there which, if they were intending on taking her out this would also make sense, why would 3 men be there for a single call girl? When she knocked on the neighbors door she may have been in such a state of fear that she thought he may be a friend of theirs. Lastly, if the screams & struggle stopped, its possible that she got in the SUV or was forced into it & then brought back later to the place she was found in fact maybe thats how her belongings ended up in a different. If they were her friends they would have got her back into the SUV and made sure she got home safely, that’s what friends do. It’s highly unlikely that 3-4 men lost a girl who was probably almost a foot shorter than some of them. And lastly, does anyone have info on the case she was set to testify in in June of that same year?
Maybe this isn't helpful, but I'm impressed by how much you've processed already.

I hear 2 people and Shannan. Pak and Brewer. I could be wrong.

I can't even understand how anyone thinks she is irrational or paranoid. She always makes sense to me.

MOO

Maybe this isn't helpful, but I'm impressed by how much you've processed already.

I can't even understand how anyone thinks she is irrational or paranoid. She always makes sense

I can't even understand how anyone thinks she is irrational or paranoid. She always makes sense to me.

MOO
Thanks, I am amazed by her. Few are able to make a call for help. It sounds like she was an observant person & a fast logical thinker. Unfortunately it looks like the gated community was not an asset for her that night. She lost her life but I just bet there’s a whole lotta sweating going on to this day and that alone is a win for her case. Some justice will be better than none.

Screenshot_20230730_181633_Samsung Notes.jpg

I just listened to the call in its entirety and I have to say that it lines up exactly with MP’s account. If she was murdered, by anyone who was aware of her 911 calls, why would the killer leave her body in the vicinity?
I just recently discovered an important inconsistency with Pak's claims. Brewer does not ask Shannan to leave while he stays home. He asks her to come with him and Pak outside.

He says this again and again. His first sentence could be interpreted as a polite way of telling her to leave, "It's time to go." But several statements after that he says that they are "all" leaving together. He asks her to come with him again and again. He is not ejecting her. Her is trying to talk her into leaving the house with him, and Shannan believes this is because "they" are trying to kill her or that "someone" is after her.

It is very creepy. No wonder Brewer didn't just say get TF out. He wanted to go with her and Pak outside for some reason.

Brewer did want Shannan to go outside, but he wanted her to go with him and Pak somewhere.

MOO

I just recently discovered an important inconsistency with Pak's claims. Brewer does not ask Shannan to leave while he stays home. He asks her to come with him and Pak outside.

He says this again and again. His first sentence could be interpreted as a polite way of telling her to leave, "It's time to go." But several statements after that he says that they are "all" leaving together. He asks her to come with him again and again. He is not ejecting her. Her is trying to talk her into leaving the house with him, and Shannan believes this is because "they" are trying to kill her or that "someone" is after her.

It is very creepy. No wonder Brewer didn't just say get TF out. He wanted to go with her and Pak outside for some reason.

Brewer did want Shannan to go outside, but he wanted her to go with him and Pak somewhere.

MOO

makes me wonder whether Brewer was also in the car that was following her.
Colletti onky saw one person but it's easy to hide..

MOO
Exactly!!!

MOO
Pak also never takes the phone from her and gives 911 the address, she asks of it of him more than one.

Pak also tells her "does I need to call an ambulance?" He never uses his phone to call an ambulance. Because saying that out loud, MOO, was only for the benefit of the 911 operator.

"They" were not expecting her to call 911. And now that she did, they have no other choice but to play along. Until the very end when they finally get mad and say let's go!!!

I imagine Ray thinks this is good for his career, and otherwise has his own reasons for sticking this out. I think one of the reasons is it's the right thing to do for a family who was not going to get a fair shake with LE even as victims. Other reasons might be more transactional, but that is normal with professional services.

<modsnip - quoted post was snipped>

MOO
I respectfully disagree. John Ray has had a long successful career assisting victims. He worked with the current Suffolk County District Attorney (when he was a Federal Prosecutor) representing a victim. I feel he is frustrated to have worked so many years on Shannan’s and Jessica’s cases without the crimes being solved.

"Based on the evidence, the facts, and the totality of the circumstances, the "prevailing" opinion of Shannan's death, while tragic, was not murder and "most likely" not criminal," Harrison added.

That sounds like a good argument to keep her case open imo.

Investigators are hoping that releasing the 911 audio will lead to answers in the larger search for what some call "The Long Island Serial Killer."

If Shannan's death was nothing more than a "tragic accident" why would they think this? Arguably the call would have zero evidentiary value to the other deaths, right?

jmo

Umm, because they knew she was on the phone, they didn't overpower her. Except something happened when she screamed then bolted.

Why wouldn't Brewer call the police? He could say she was his guest, but she's overstayed her welcome and won't leave. Unlike Shannan, with serious charges pending, Brewer had nothing to fear of the police. They wouldn't be able to prove he's a John. Shannan would have to admit to selling sex to accuse him of buying it.

See how his story does not make sense? It was his house. He should have just told the police his address and told them to get her out, if that's what he wanted. He had every right. Why would he not want the police? According to his and Pak's stories, he just met her and Pak that night. Why would he be invested in keeping them safe from LE, especially after SHE dialed, and he was the homeowner with the right to kick her out?

MOO
I feel Brewer and Pak were tied in with Ruis! That would explain why Pak took off!

I feel Brewer and Pak were tied in with Ruis! That would explain why Pak took off!
Also, if Shannan found out that Brewer and Pak were involved with Ruis, and she was scheduled to testify in the upcoming months, she would have most likely panicked and felt set up! I feel the puzzle pieces are coming together! I’m hoping the DA is active in the background but silent due to people involved!

MOO
I heard three voices, Brewer-Shannan-and unknown before the door latch opens and Pak enters the house! I feel Shannan thought Pak knew all along what was happening which is why she asked him about setting her up. I feel bc she was genuinely terrified! I feel so much pain and sadness listening to her panicked trying to locate help!

I heard three voices, Brewer-Shannan-and unknown before the door latch opens and Pak enters the house! I feel Shannan thought Pak knew all along what was happening which is why she asked him about setting her up. I feel bc she was genuinely terrified! I feel so much pain and sadness listening to her panicked trying to locate help!
Do you think Pak exited to the deck upstairs and then came in the downstairs door?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon
Back