SIDEBAR #15- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone :seeya: Guess what? We are leaving this damn hospital today, after being here 39 days. Kyle is getting some blood and platelets and then I am taking my happy *advertiser censored* to the house!

No more chemo for a while, probably 3 weeks after he has his surgery on July 8th. He ended up having to get a feeding tube in his stomach.

I am going to try and catch up on some posts....I have missed you all!

Wow, Rosemary! That is the best news! We're always thinking about you here and I know everybody's happy to hear your news. You hang in there.

6/21/2013 MOT - Motion - Party (001) 6/25/2013
NOTE: TO VACATE AGGRAVATION PHASE VERDICT PURSUANT TO RULE 24.2 ARIZONA RULES OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE

I haven't been following the JA case since the verdict but check the court docket occasionally. Since I don't read/post here much, I don't know if you've already discussed this. Seems like the DT is up to their same old tricks :rolleyes: What's next? Vacating the guilty sentence?

I finally watched Jodi Arias: Dirty Little Secret and thought that it was better than the Casey Anthony movie but not as good as Anna Nicole that premiered last night after the JA film. I liked the actress' interpretation of Jodi's stalking behaviors but thought that she portrayed Jodi as being more mature and sophisticated than the convicted murderess really is based on her demeanor during the trial. :moo:

I haven't been here much either, BDE, so I can't say what's been discussed about that motion. But from what I read, it's one weird motion. In 2002 (I think) the Supreme Court ruled that if violated a defendant's right to trial by jury to have the judge decide if a case warranted the DP, and it should be up to the jury to decide. So now Nurmi's arguing that it's too difficult and complex for a jury to decide and apparently the judge should do it. At least that's my interpretation of what it said.

County Att'y Montgomery has said he will have to consider a plea if one is offered by Defense but intends to pursue the death penalty. Nurmi & Willmott have to follow C.M.'s wishes and she is not of a mind at this time to present anything. Therefore, we have this latest demonstration of due diligence in her motion to vacate the aggravation finding. The motion read like a misassembled jigsaw puzzle, the main point being, if you care to search for it, that the judge was made to function as a legislator since she had to explain the meaning of cruelty in her instructions to the jury. A specious argument, since our very constitution with its amendments, prohibits cruel and unusual punishment and its meaning has always been understood & accepted as in common law without legislation from the bench. The motion also claims a problem with the qualifier "especially" but the word unusually could be substituted and no questions asked. However, the motion posits that the judge lacks jurisdiction to exercise the definition of cruel and especially cruel & thus to put aggravation before the jury.

I think the motion seems scrambled because it relies on borrowings from other death penalty cases. Nothing put forward was in the least convincing & the motion appears perfunctory. As mentioned in the past, the prime strategy here seems Delay, Obstruct, Defy so as to induce a version of surrender. How can prosecution not lose momentum from all these stoppages?

Hi everyone :seeya: Guess what? We are leaving this damn hospital today, after being here 39 days. Kyle is getting some blood and platelets and then I am taking my happy *advertiser censored* to the house!

No more chemo for a while, probably 3 weeks after he has his surgery on July 8th. He ended up having to get a feeding tube in his stomach.

Great news Rosemary!! I'm sure Kyle will be so happy to get home. He's a very brave young man. :hug:

County Att'y Montgomery has said he will have to consider a plea if one is offered by Defense but intends to pursue the death penalty. Nurmi & Willmott have to follow C.M.'s wishes and she is not of a mind at this time to present anything. Therefore, we have this latest demonstration of due diligence in her motion to vacate the aggravation finding. The motion read like a misassembled jigsaw puzzle, the main point being, if you care to search for it, that the judge was made to function as a legislator since she had to explain the meaning of cruelty in her instructions to the jury. A specious argument, since our very constitution with its amendments, prohibits cruel and unusual punishment and its meaning has always been understood & accepted as in common law without legislation from the bench. The motion also claims a problem with the qualifier "especially" but the word unusually could be substituted and no questions asked. However, the motion posits that the judge lacks jurisdiction to exercise the definition of cruel and especially cruel & thus to put aggravation before the jury.

I think the motion seems scrambled because it relies on borrowings from other death penalty cases. Nothing put forward was in the least convincing & the motion appears perfunctory. As mentioned in the past, the prime strategy here seems Delay, Obstruct, Defy so as to induce a version of surrender. How can prosecution not lose momentum from all these stoppages?

Thank you Tuba! I always appreciate your brilliant insight. BBM - I agree, that has been their primary strategy since day one.

had my first visit to WAT forum there and it was interesting to say the least

never have i been so thankful for mods:rockon:

defo not even going to register :scared:

I wish I hadn't watched it. The murder scene upset me :(.

I also didn't much care for the actor they had playing Det. Flores. Flores with his honey voice, and they made him sound like Elmer Fudd. :doh:

Agreed, the casting could have been much better with Flores as well as JM.

The murder scene upset me the most because they had her stabbing him mostly in front when in reality the majority of wounds were to his back. That made no sense either.

It's not like so much time has passed or accurate info being hard to come by, there are tons of pics, videos and reports out there, just no excuse for them screwing up the things we do know to be true.

Folks, I'm wondering if my fellow WSers could send some healing thoughts and prayers out for my boss and his wife. They had to have their little fur baby put down yesterday, and they are devastated. They are two of the most wonderful people I've ever met, and they have never had any children, so this is very hard for them. Lucy was just like a precious child to them.

TIA

Agreed, the casting could have been much better with Flores as well as JM.

The murder scene upset me the most because they had her stabbing him mostly in front when in reality the majority of wounds were to his back. That made no sense either.

It's not like so much time has passed or accurate info being hard to come by, there are tons of pics, videos and reports out there, just no excuse for them screwing up the things we do know to be true.

Very true, although I'm glad it wasn't any more realistic because it had me in tears. What bothered me the most was the look of shock and disbelief on Travis' face. I'm sure that part was pretty accurate, although we will never really know for sure.

Very true, although I'm glad it wasn't any more realistic because it had me in tears. What bothered me the most was the look of shock and disbelief on Travis' face. I'm sure that part was pretty accurate, although we will never really know for sure.

Yeah, I'm sure seeing either weapon for the first time was so shocking and scary for him. I still study the camera photos because I want to *know* and I think the truth is in them, when I am studying them mostly I just feel like I want to save him by any means necessary.

Tha is such great news rosemary!

Folks, I'm wondering if my fellow WSers could send some healing thoughts and prayers out for my boss and his wife. They had to have their little fur baby put down yesterday, and they are devastated. They are two of the most wonderful people I've ever met, and they have never had any children, so this is very hard for them. Lucy was just like a precious child to them.

TIA

Prayers sent...it is just so hard when our fur babies go!

Sooo good to have you both home! Michigan sends a hefty wave to Kyle:seeya:

Great news Rosemary, that you and Kyle are home even if for a few days. Please tell Kyle that his WS friends are praying for him and you too. Kyle is a brave young man.

My son is en-route to London for the month of July. I am happy and sad at the same time.

Yes, her DT will do just about anything to save her miserable life. Does anyone know when that will be decided? Will it be at the July 18th hearing?

I agree about the Casey Anthony movie. That one was a BIG disappointment for me. I DVR'd the Anna Nicole movie so will watch that one tonight.

I agree as well regarding the CA movie... Even Rob Lowe couldn't fix that film! Jmo.

U will enjoy the Anna Nicole movie a lot more than CA's. Of course both movies do not have a single similarity in subject matter... But as far as looking at it as a "movie" then Anna Nicole's was much better. Again moo. :)

See my previous post from last night regarding my thoughts on Lifetime's "Anna Nicole" movie, if u are interested. :)

TIA

Please send my prayers to them,I know the feeling,had to do the same thing in March,and her name was Lucy also.Hurts like hell.

I agree as well regarding the CA movie... Even Rob Lowe couldn't fix that film! Jmo.

U will enjoy the Anna Nicole movie a lot more than CA's. Of course both movies do not have a single similarity in subject matter... But as far as looking at it as a "movie" then Anna Nicole's was much better. Again moo. :)

See my previous post from last night regarding my thoughts on Lifetime's "Anna Nicole" movie, if u are interested. :)

Did they show the trial (Vicke Lynn Marshall v E Pierce Marshall) where Pierces lawyer, Rusty Hardin, had Anna on the stand trying to get answers from her,,
Rusty asks something like "Have you been taking acting lessons?"

Anna's response was "Screw you, Rusty!" :floorlaugh:

TIA
That's so sad, Princess! I really feel for your boss and his wife, cause our fur babies are "our children" and they're such a tremendous part of our famililies. It would be devestating to lose one of mine!
I'll keep them on my prayer list. And sending out comfort and hugs their way as well!

Hi Rosemary and Kyle :seeya:

I am glad to hear you are heading home! Every day feels like a week in the hospital!
I have had some craziness in my own "real" life so I haven't been on much. I haven't forgotten about Kyle either. I will get that done asap. Sorry for the delay!
Hugs to Warrior Kyle :)

[video=youtube;uyAuATJXc14]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyAuATJXc14&feature=share&list=FL1qxzZVItjT8MIKNahNjE9g[/video]
Have always loved this song..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members