SIDEBAR #20- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate hospitals too. When my FIL was very very sick from a chemo treatment and admitted to the
hospital, I had to track down nurses to get him things he needed and assistance. It was 5 days
of total frustration and the nurses all telling me that they were too busy. I know they have a lot
to do but damn.

WHen my daughter broke her foot and was admitted to the hospital, the ER nurse put the IV for
the pain medication in wrong. She kept complaining about the pain and they did nothing. Finally
when she was near discharge, a nurse said 'this IV was not put in your arm correctly, you
probably were not getting much pain relief'. Another thing, she had a fall risk hospital bracelet
on her wrist and sign on her door. She needed help to go to the bathroom and the nurse or
orderly just gave her a bed pan and left.She could not wrestle the bed pan by herself with
her leg in a sling.

When my son was a baby and had an operation, the nurse or nurse helper did not know how
to put on the oxygen mask. He was turning blue and she kept saying, I am not sure how to
do this.

On the good side of hospitals, I have only been a patient 3 times - two for births and one
for eye surgery and I had good experiences.

Princess, We will have you in our thoughts and will be here for you.

I have been so negative lately, I am so sorry

You are not being negative Kensie. I was so angry and frustrated with the whole medical staff that I went completely postal in the emergency room when she was near the end (just like the clip YorN posted from Terms of Endearment). I was screaming at the doctor, who finally arrived when things had gotten so bad there wasn't anything they could do to save her. I was treated like a bad child, and put in the corner for a time out. And it was all due to insufficient and incompetent "weekend" staff.

The nurse who called me at home, the one who had cared for her earlier in the week, couldn't believe how she had deteriorated in the two days that this nurse was off. And she was seething with anger at the incompetence of it all. They should have been sued for malpractice but no lawyer would even hear my case. They just kept saying "we're not interested". I told my husband that if I ever got really sick, just take me out in the backyard and shoot me. But don't put me in that hospital.

I'm having my surgery done at a hospital in the City (a good hospital I'm told), so I'm trying to let all of that go. But it's hard because the whole thing traumatized me so badly.

I'm always here if you need an ear to vent to Kensie. Life can be really frustrating at times. :banghead:

Hi everyone!! :seeya:

I'm feeling a whole lot better after visiting my massage lady, after my fall on Sunday!! She can work miracles!!

M, hope you feel better, and Molly - your husband too!!!

I definitely have the Christmas spirit!! No kids here, so no empty nest syndrome! I put up a tree every year and put up the lights!! Quite a few years earlier we would go out and chop our tree down, but now it's too difficult for the Huz, so I try and get one that's not too expensive!!

So, a "closed" hearing tomorrow or Friday??

Hi Niner :seeya:. I'm glad to hear you're feeling better.

I'm sure the hearing will be closed. That's how her lawyers like to operate - behind closed doors so that nobody knows what shananigans they're up to. :furious:

You are not being negative Kensie. I was so angry and frustrated with the whole medical staff that I went completely postal in the emergency room when she was near the end (just like the clip YorN posted from Terms of Endearment). I was screaming at the doctor, who finally arrived when things had gotten so bad there wasn't anything they could do to save her. I was treated like a bad child, and put in the corner for a time out. And it was all due to insufficient and incompetent "weekend" staff.

The nurse who called me at home, the one who had cared for her earlier in the week, couldn't believe how she had deteriorated in the two days that this nurse was off. And she was seething with anger at the incompetence of it all. They should have been sued for malpractice but no lawyer would even hear my case. They just kept saying "we're not interested". I told my husband that if I ever got really sick, just take me out in the backyard and shoot me. But don't put me in that hospital.

I'm having my surgery done at a hospital in the City (a good hospital I'm told), so I'm trying to let all of that go. But it's hard because the whole thing traumatized me so badly.

I'm always here if you need an ear to vent to Kensie. Life can be really frustrating at times. :banghead:

I am so sorry you went through that. i would have gone completely postal too. I'm surprised a lawyer didn't take the case.

i know your surgery will go well. i put your name on here in my "prayer jar" i think the nursing staff makes all the difference, especially the doctor so try to go in with an open mind. everything will be ok

Christmas story - My DS was about 5-6 and went to a private Christian school...One day in May or so he asked me if there really WAS a Santa Claus. I figured he had heard that there was no Santa, and that Christmas was about Christ (which he already knew, but we did have the Santa thing going, too). I asked him, do you want the truth, or the fantasy? He said truth. I said no, and do you really think reindeers fly (he is a very smart person)??? Well, closer to Christmas, he went back to believing - letter to Santa, etc.

When my dear mother died (when he was 8) I told him, NOW there really is no Santa...she SPOILED him ROTTEN (I mean, to the point of handing him the JCPenny wishbook, telling him to circle what he wanted, and by God - that's what he got...EVERY year, no matter how much $$). He even called UPS "the toy truck" lol. I also told him that now, he was getting only three gifts, just like Jesus.

His response, what about my STOCKING? I said, DS - I have always stuffed your stocking.

Princesssezme - My dear mother died similarly, although in reverse. They gave her such powerful antibiotics that they killed ALL bacteria in her body, good and bad. The first bug (whatever it was) killed her (diarrhea basically, NOTHING staying in her)...and they wrote it off as COPD??? We SAW what was happening, yet no one did anything but tell her she had the flu??? This - after surviving hospitalization, rehab, walking and talking and basically living normally for two weeks....She went downhill in four, FOUR days - from walking and talking to a coma - In FOUR days, and dead in six.

Our only blessings in this experience - she would not SHUT up about DS's Easter basket, lol...did I have one for him, over and over and over. She talked to him on my cell, the night before she went into a coma and said goodbye - Her exact words (that DS immortalized on my Mother's Day card that year) were "I love you bunches, and bunches, and bunches (crying here)," and the fact that she died on Easter Sunday...and I know where she is...

Sorry for the essay all :)

ETA - No autopsy because she died under a doctor's "care" and her THREE brothers are attorneys...go figure :(

News is all upbeat about Senate vote re: ending this government shutdown, but I am seeing nothing to report on progress by the House of Representatives. Without both bodies of Congress passing this through, we're still shut down, right?

I do get mad at news reporting....

News is all upbeat about Senate vote re: ending this government shutdown, but I am seeing nothing to report on progress by the House of Representatives. Without both bodies of Congress passing this through, we're still shut down, right?

I do get mad at news reporting....

Boner, Boner, Boner, Boner, Boner.

What, it's Boehner, you say?

Like Hyacinth Bouquet, not Bucket? :floorlaugh:

Boner, Boner, Boner, Boner, Boner.

What, it's Boehner, you say?

Like Hyacinth Bouquet, not Bucket? :floorlaugh:

I love that show! Thank goodness for PBS, I would have nothing to watch if it didn't exist.

Boner! :floorlaugh:

Really enjoying everyone's Christmas stories. Always been a favorite time for my family. When we discovered Santa wasn't real, we were told Santa (mom and dad) was the Spirit of Love. That was the only time my parents said anything close to I love you to us, so we were happy. Later I made them say "I love you too" and made them learn to hug, ha!

I may put the little table top tree again this year. I said I wouldn't as it is loosing it's fake needles now, but I know I can't help it. DD gave it to me one year as a Christmas present when she realized I wasn't putting up a tree anymore after I got divorced. She remembered the time my now ex refused to decorate or get a tree, so, I drew one on cardboard and sat that up. He learned to love getting a real tree, decorating it, making decorations, and wrapping pretty gifts after a while.

Glittering Christmas lights are so relaxing. I will be putting lights somewhere even if I don't put out the tree, or get a new little one. Can't live without Christmas lights to sit and stare at. Oh the fun when small and looking up under the Christmas tree to see the lights a new way, or just seeing the Christmas lights on in a dark room...:loveyou:

So sorry to hear about all the bad experiences at hospitals. :(

Princess, best wishes with your surgery. I'm certain it will all be okay. :grouphug: And, I expect you to report back to us as soon as your fingers can hit a keyboard! :blowkiss:

True story - our Christmas last year:

We live in CT now, on just one (extremely small) salary (I retired at 50, not much $$ to even call it a retirement check, lol). We came from CA two years ago (DH job issues).

We went to the local nursery to get our Christmas tree, late - almost Christmas Eve, because they are cheaper...in two vehicles, DH in truck (from work) and me and DS in our SUV (I had just picked him up from school).

Owner and son run this nursery. DH pulled in and was talking to them as we pulled up, met up with us and off we went to look at trees. Owner looked at us all funny (remember, I am from CA lol) and said "Any tree, just pick out any tree..."

Huh? Well, I'm gonna pick out a tree we can AFFORD! We picked out our tree, DH went inside to pay, and me and DS left.

When DH got home, he was crying as he carried that tree into the house...Huh? He NEVER cries. What, I said? The owner of the nursery told him, as he tried to pay for that tree - "The next family with a kid that comes into our lot will get their tree FREE, in honor of the Sandy Hook victims..." We just happened to be that family with a kid. What a blessing...

Paying it forward to this day.

When we were very, very little my parents had a number of kids and no money. My dad was a college student on the GI bill and had a meager income working as a part-time x-ray technician.

Both my parents were smokers, and the family folk tales include stories of them breaking apart cigarette butts and re-rolling the tobacco into cigarettes at the end of the month, when there was not enough money to buy cigarettes.

It was during this same time, according to family stories, that my father was coming home from work on Christmas Eve to his wife and gaggle of small children, when he passed an empty lot that had sold Christmas trees, but was closed due to the lateness of the hour. Dad stole a tree and brought it home so that his wife and children could have a proper Christmas, tree and all.

True or not? We'll never know, but it does make for a good story.

Here is a pic of that fabulous tree...and praise God there was no type of CMJA even NEAR it (let alone underneath it, lol) - it was too blessed!

Attachments

• InMemoryOfThe26.jpg
    InMemoryOfThe26.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 78
Mind you, DH will NOT take charity, but they would NOT take his $$...And we only picked one we could afford (less than $30.00). I'll bet someone else could have gone for the MEGA expensive ones if they had known...I mean, we were DENSE, "pick a tree, ANY tree" who says that (unless they were trying to get us to pick a more expensive one, remember, I am from CA), lol?

don't forget the Frasier show coming on shortly ... where and what the cast members are doing these days. :) TVGN 8:00 EST

It will be repeated at 11:00 PM EST :)

so i just watched the disappeared episode on amber gerweck,she had transglobal anmesia...i was like *thud*

no was in heck that is what missy had. this woman lost 3 weeks,no clue how she survived,ate,slept etc. not just you miss an hour here or there or certain parts of events.

good old dr samuels :floorlaugh:

Here is a pic of that fabulous tree...and praise God there was no type of CMJA even NEAR it (let alone underneath it, lol) - it was too blessed!

What a pretty tree.
Are you sure missy :jail: isn't near it? I think I see her behind the blinds :floorlaugh:

picture.php

Hey.
Where did everyone go??? :tantrum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads