Special Counsel Issues 1st Indictments

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think Manafort and Gates are doing, helping the FBI in their case against Papadopoulos?

I don't know & would be surprised if you did. Why would FBI need those two to help their case against Papadopoulos? He already pleaded guilty.

We dont know all the top campaign people that were in the email chain -- but Mueller does.

By law your supposed to report overtures like that to the FBI - its dealing with an enemy of our nation.

I think at first PUtin was just floating trial balloons but was stunned to find out how stupid they all were and decided to proceed.

I think all the Russian spies were surprised
at how everyone grabbed the bait.

But as I linked earlier -- Putin is getting his monies worth - they just last week blew off the sanctions secretly - so Putin got his monies worth.

No such law exists.

I dont think it is ok to do before you elected to the office -- for the reasons that have come out!

Does my little Carter have a ACTUAL lawyer -- like one in a tie -- that went to law school like sat for his bar like got his license like practices law -- that kinda thing !!!!

It is okay. Candidates often go on foreign trips to build up their foreign affairs credentials.

I don't know & would be surprised if you did. Why would FBI need those two to help their case against Papadopoulos? He already pleaded guilty.

I don't think they would be needed to help - I think they were brought in because he was the one who helped the FBI. If you think they've done nothing wrong, why do you think they were indicted?

Records show Papadopoulos frequently acted as Trump campaign rep

Papadopoulos took part in various public engagements on behalf of the campaign dating back to the Republican National Convention in July of 2016, the records show.

The then-adviser appeared on a panel alongside Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.), Reps. Tom Marina (R-Pa) and Ted Yoho (R-Fla.) for the American Jewish Committee (AJC), according to organizers.

AJC spokesperson Ken Bandler said in a statement to NBC News.
Papadopoulos was interviewed by the Russian Interfax Agency as a Trump representative six weeks before Election Day.

The president said on Friday that he does not not remember much about the former adviser.

Of course not.

I don't think they would be needed to help - I think they were brought in because he was the one who helped the FBI. If you think they've done nothing wrong, why do you think they were indicted?

They were indicted for crimes that were not connected to Papadopoulos at all. Thats why I wondered why you thought the FBI used them to get him.

Ukraine lawmaker says he gave FBI information on Manafort

A Ukrainian opposition politician who helped uncover off-the-books payments allegedly made to Donald Trump's former campaign chairman Paul Manafort says he provided the information to the FBI but never heard back from the agency.

Leshchenko, a former investigative journalist, said in February he "shared some documents" with the FBI about Manafort receiving a $750,000 payment via Kyrgyzstan

Manafort indictment welcomed in Ukraine

“That’s great news!” Serhiy Leshchenko, the Ukrainian lawmaker who helped expose the notorious “black ledger” that appeared to show $12.7 million in secret cash payments earmarked for Mr. Manafort from Mr. Yanukovych’s Party of Regions between 2007 and 2012, told RFE/RL by phone from the Barcelona airport.

“I’m very much satisfied, because Manafort was involved in high-level corruption in Ukraine. He helped one of the most corrupt persons in the world to be elected president,” Mr. Leshchenko said, alluding to Mr. Yanukovych.

Mr. Leshchenko added: “I believe this is money stolen from Ukrainian taxpayers.”

They were indicted for crimes that were not connected to Papadopoulos at all. Thats why I wondered why you thought the FBI used them to get him.

Did I say the FBI used them to get him? No, he is the small fish and they are the big fish.

12 charges to start with is a pretty good start he knows what he is doing

he has gotten all the concrete stuff -- the money stuff -- which will land them in prison .

So there choices now are cooperate or we shall proceed!

All the money stuff is paper , and documentable -- a defense attorney can do nothing with it...................................but plea!!

he is one sharp dude .... were in good hands

I believe you did. If i misunderstood your maybe you were being sarcastic.idk

You misunderstood. I don't think for a second the FBI needs Manafort and Gates to go after and get Papadopoulos. The food chain works in the other direction.

This is what I said:

What do you think Manafort and Gates are doing, helping the FBI in their case against Papadopoulos?

Ummm, statements like this aren't helping your case.

“He was invited in because at the time the campaign was really reeling from criticism that it had no foreign policy or other advisers,” [former Trump campaign adviser Michael] Caputo said during an interview with MSNBC Friday. “Donald Trump prided himself on running a lean and mean campaign. That group was slap dash put together in a way another campaign wouldn’t do it. Papadopoulos had no business being there.”
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/caputo-coffee-boy-stupid-had-no-business-attending-meeting

You misunderstood. I don't think for a second the FBI needs Manafort and Gates to go after and get Papadopoulos. The food chain works in the other direction.

This is what I said:

If I misunderstood, what did you mean? "What do you think Manafort & Gates are doing, helping the FBI in their case against Papadopouls?

It's helping my case. He was a nobody.

He was a nobody who seems to have had more access and opportunity to represent than the administration and its surrogates would like us to think.

"Papadopoulos’ public role for the Trump campaign continued. In late September, just six weeks before Election Day, he gave an interview as a Trump campaign official to the Russian Interfax News Agency, where he said that Trump will “restore the trust” between the U.S. and Russia.

And he met with Israeli leaders during the inauguration in January as a foreign policy adviser for the newly-sworn in president. "We are looking forward to ushering in a new relationship with all of Israel, including the historic Judea and Samaria," Papadopoulos told the Jerusalem Post the following day." https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...presented-trump-campaign-record-shows-n817421

It's helping my case. He was a nobody.

Here he is , a nobody , sitting with the president of the USA the leading LE agent in the county!!

Papadopoulos_1509381273608_9156668_ver1.0_640_360.JPG

31DC-emails-alpha-master768-v3.jpg

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgur...6XXAhWFRyYKHasQCfoQMwhZKBEwEQ&iact=mrc&uact=8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname