Sponser the Cheerleaders

Arizona & Keyboard,

Thanks for providing this info.

I, for one, would like to know what the total amount collected by fellow WSers is.

Arizona & Keyboard,

Thanks for providing this info.
You're very welcome, cloud. I would like to add that memorial funds have been set up for the girls' families as well. Donations are being accepted for both families under separate accounts, and can be made to the Skyla Whitaker Memorial Fund or the Taylor Paschal-Placker Memorial Fund, and sent to the Bank of Commerce, P.O. Box 48, Weleetka, OK 74880.

I don't know why you feel the need to be so offensive?
I DID NOT ASK FOR THE AMOUNT - I said IF you XX me I will post it.
I think that the donation info is of interest to other WS'ers. It makes me proud that people on here care enough to want to support the cheerleaders. Not everyone can or wants to give, and that's not the point. The point is that we all care about Taylor and Skyla and their memory. We do what we can and want, in their memory.

Arizona & Keyboard,
Thanks for all the work. I will send a donation. When I do, I will XX you and let you know how much. I also would be interested in how much the "WS'ers" donate. I pray that there will be a break in this case soon.

Ruflossn

You're very welcome, cloud. I would like to add that memorial funds have been set up for the girls' families as well. Donations are being accepted for both families under separate accounts, and can be made to the Skyla Whitaker Memorial Fund or the Taylor Paschal-Placker Memorial Fund, and sent to the Bank of Commerce, P.O. Box 48, Weleetka, OK 74880.

That's where an organization I belong to sent monies when the media first released where to send it back in June. Then it came up here on this Forum that $100,000.00 had been collected but was never verified.

Regrading the uniforms: I had another thought for those that live in the area of Weleetka, or close enough to drive there. Why not do what our organization does and contact local merchants for donations, even if they only give a few dollars, it all adds up and is a tax write off for the merchant.

When all the monies collected are gathered by a local from the merchants it could be taken directly to Ms. Mankin at Graham School, she would be thrilled.

The cheerleading tally is up to $384

Thanks to those have given in the way of donations and to those that have "given" in the way of prayers. Obviously we all love and care deeply about those two little girls and we have been touched by them.

Tally up to $494 today

I would love to see those 6 girls as they shop for new hair bows etc :):)

you're so sweeeeeeeeeeeet!

I must get my money in the mail in the morning. I got a money order and sending directly to the school. Yes, will they know where it is coming from? From people who love them?

you're so sweeeeeeeeeeeet!

I must get my money in the mail in the morning. I got a money order and sending directly to the school. Yes, will they know where it is coming from? From people who love them?
A quote from Wanda Mankin in a communication says it all........hope this helps.

This tragedy has left us so emotionally raw that it so good to know that there are many good people that want to help us. We have received such good response that I think that the students are starting to heal just a little.

A quote from Wanda Mankin in a communication says it all........hope this helps.

Thank you TG. That answered my question and it is really nice to know. I just wish they knew HOW MUCH we all think of them and wish we could make it all better. I wish they knew how many prayers are out there. And there are so many more than just OURS... ours meaning we people at WS.

Thank you TG. That answered my question and it is really nice to know. I just wish they knew HOW MUCH we all think of them and wish we could make it all better. I wish they knew how many prayers are out there. And there are so many more than just OURS... ours meaning we people at WS.
Truth be told Frog, the few of us here at WS are not the only ones across America who've read about this horrific incident, or have read where to send donations to the Bank to cover burial expenses and also the name of the school where the girls attended.

We're also not the only site that follows this case and feels deeply, just as we do here at WS. This case will not be forgotten for a long time, but as with other cases, when time elapses and nothing new is reported the facts fade.

I personally have followed many cases, some stand out more in my mind like the Groene/McKenzie murders in Idaho which lead to information of other murders the demon had tortured and murdered, one being only 40 miles from me in California. Those last murders took place in 2005, and just now going to trial!

In my State, in an area where I have family, a case took two years before an arrest was ever made even though the mother and grandmother of the victims knew who the murderer was. It was a horrific case, involving a young mother and her 10 month old son being murdered in their apartment................the 10 month old was literally hanged with a cord in his crib.

We had the Danielle van Dam & Samantha Runnion case out my way also, just to name a few. None of these cases will ever be forgotten in my mind just as these two little girls from Oklahoma won't.

Truth be told Frog, the few of us here at WS are not the only ones across America who've read about this horrific incident, or have read where to send donations to the Bank to cover burial expenses and also the name of the school where the girls attended.

We're also not the only site that follows this case and feels deeply, just as we do here at WS. This case will not be forgotten for a long time, but as with other cases, when time elapses and nothing new is reported the facts fade.

None of these cases will ever be forgotten in my mind just as these two little girls from Oklahoma won't.

With time, the facts do indeed fade; but the memories don't. Long after the facts themselves have dissipated, "our girls" will continue to live on in my heart, as will the wonderful memories we have and will continue to create here. :)

There are a few cases that seem to stick in my mind also, and this will certainly be one of them. I guess in the grand scheme of things, the donations made from us here at WS may seem like a drop in the bucket, but the way I look at it, what's important is not how much we give compared to the total but simply the fact that we are helping, be it through prayers, donations, gifts left at the memorial site, anything. Everything given has equal value in my mind.

(These are just my thoughts and opinions, and I am in no way attempting to discount what anyone else says.)

Wow, sorry... I guess you've caught me in one of those "sentimental" moods. Time for breakfast... If I see Elvis in my oatmeal I'll tell him everyone said hello (yes, another night with less than adequate sleep). :p

Cheers!

Hi all, looking closer at the basketball and cheerleading pictures from the school's website, it almost looks like three of the cheerleaders are also on the basketball team (as far as I can tell). We know that they want new cheerleading uniforms because of the loss of Taylor and Skyla, but I wonder if they are secretly raising funds for new basketball uniforms as well? From the agenda on the website:

Discuss with the option to take action on the following fundraisers:

1. Seniors---Indian Taco/chili dinners
2. Juniors---T and D Meats and Candles
3. Library---Book Fair
4. Elementary Basketball and Cheerleading---Bracelets

I wonder if this is something else we can help with if we want to?

Just a thought is all...

Cheers,
KP

Hi Rich, You are such a kind and generous person!! Sorry trying to get the blow kisses smilies inserted here. Just use your imagination : - )
I see Skyla was on the Basketball team. I bet they'd like to have new uniforms, but my guess would be that they have more than enough left over from Cheerleader uniform donations?
Anybody want to contact Wanda and see?

Hi all, looking closer at the basketball and cheerleading pictures from the school's website, it almost looks like three of the cheerleaders are also on the basketball team (as far as I can tell). We know that they want new cheerleading uniforms because of the loss of Taylor and Skyla, but I wonder if they are secretly raising funds for new basketball uniforms as well? From the agenda on the website:

Discuss with the option to take action on the following fundraisers:

1. Seniors---Indian Taco/chili dinners
2. Juniors---T and D Meats and Candles
3. Library---Book Fair
4. Elementary Basketball and Cheerleading---Bracelets

I wonder if this is something else we can help with if we want to?

Just a thought is all...

Cheers,
KP

Hi Rich, You are such a kind and generous person!! Sorry trying to get the blow kisses smilies inserted here. Just use your imagination : - )
I see Skyla was on the Basketball team. I bet they'd like to have new uniforms, but my guess would be that they have more than enough left over from Cheerleader uniform donations?
Anybody want to contact Wanda and see?

LOL thanks AZ! This what you were trying to do? :blowkiss:

:D

I'll send Wanda an e-mail and see if this is a possibility, but you're probably right, there just might be enough left over from the Cheerleading fund.

I'll post here when I get some information.

Cheers and take care!
KP

Oh ur back Rich. I lost my u weren't on and then i lost my connection.

you have talked to wanda before so will let u find out the info.

thanks!!!:blowkiss:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab