Sponser the Cheerleaders

The Thank You cards are very nice. Southern folks are still old fashioned that way !:clap: I do love the South.

Thought I would give you all an update. I called the school and talked to Kim, (didnt even look at the time, and Wanda was gone to lunch) and Kim was so excited about the people who cared so much and sent funds to help with the cheerleaders uniforms. She said, "We got money from some guy in Ohio... someone from CA, and even from Canada! People are soooooooooo sweet!" I smiled!
She told me that even the kids who play basketball didnt want to wear the same uniforms. The kids just have this thing about what was so much Taylor and Skyla, leaving it as it was. I dont know how to describe it and neither did she. So they are reaching into funds and buying new basketball uniforms too.

I called back later... just now... and spoke with Wanda Mankin. I felt I could do this as I go way back with Wanda. Anyway, she said everyone had been so kind, and she thought they had collected over $400.00 but it may be more, she wasnt sure. She said she hoped everyone got their thank you notes. They tried to get them all out, and that everyone (students included) was so touched that people from everywhere cared about their little school out in the middle of nowhere.
Anyway...... that's about it. Just wanted to update you. They are very touched and very grateful that you all care.
Heartstrings....
fRoG

Aww :cry:... Thanks for posting this, Frog... It means SO much to hear! Wanda did tell me that they are accepting donations for the basketball teams as well; there should be info in this thread somewhere (I think it's on page 2). The thank you notes were so incredibly touching, it's hard to describe in words! Such sweet people at the school and in this forum :)

Awwww, that is so sweet. Thanks for the update Frog. I am hoping that the money from Canada was mine!!! (I did send US funds though, lol). I am still waiting for my bracelets. I have been running to my mailbox everyday after work to see if they are there. :)

I am happy that so many people found it in their hearts to give to the classmates of Skyla and Taylor. I think that this is a positive step for them to move forward but to also cherish the memories of the girls.

Well said, Lauren, very sweet. :). How long have you been waiting for your bracelets? It took about a week or so to ship to the states but it may take longer to ship to Canada (I would think).

I tell you.. As I read all the post on this page once again tears in my eyes.. but alas this time not from sadness.. from pure joy & awe of all the love that is still present in the wicked world. I am so proud of our little corner of the world that proves this ..this unconditional love of "Our Girls" & all that they cared about. :blowkiss:

I tell you.. As I read all the post on this page once again tears in my eyes.. but alas this time not from sadness.. from pure joy & awe of all the love that is still present in the wicked world. I am so proud of our little corner of the world that proves this ..this unconditional love of "Our Girls" & all that they cared about. :blowkiss:
What a sweet post, 99... I couldn't agree more, I watch the news and hear about all the evil that goes on everywhere on a daily basis, and I'm so glad to know that I can come back here and be reminded that there still are really great people in the world. :)

Cheers,
KP

Just wanted you to all know I finally received my bracelets!!!!! It seems that they got my letter and money within a few days, but it took 10 days from the day they mailed out my bracelets til the day I received them. But I got them!!!! I also received a card with a few signatures on it. I'm so excited. Thank goodness because when I had emailed Wanda she only hand a few bracelets left and she advised they would not be ordering anymore. But I got mine!!! I haven't opened the packages yet, not sure I want to. I wouldn't want to lose them. :)

Oh, I'm so glad you got them Lauren! I wasn't aware they were not ordering any more... Something to treasure, that's for sure! :)

Cheers,
KP

Well, here they are, folks! The new cheerleading uniforms! Wanda and Tammy were nice enough to show these to us when we visited the school. Special thanks to ArizonaGiGi for the first photo, and the idea!

picture.php

picture.php

KP thanks for posting the pics. These uniforms were a very good quality. The skirt is the latest kind that teams wear now, a tight straight skirt, not the older pleated type.

A big Thank you to everyone who donated :blowkiss: to help the team buy them. Incidentally, there is now a boy on the team. I didn't see his uniform but it is a sweat pant type uniform Tammy (the cheer coach) told me.

What a thrill to actually see them in person! Wanda and Tammy were so sweet to allow us the opportunity to spend some time at the school.

:clap:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz
Back