State vs Jason Lynn Young 6-23-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might sound petty, but I don't consider JY to have a "thick" head of hair at all. Looks rather fine and thin to me.

Gracie did described his hair as "thin" and I agree with you, Jason's hair is thin. "Bald" is just what the defense wants the jury to visualize at this point.

Interesting they repeatedly praise efforts of investigators in this case.

Was watching the ID Channel last night, a rerun of the Shannon Melende (sp?) disappearance & murder. The attorney for Butch Hinton, the suspect/eventually convicted, lamenting on 'this case should never have been brought to court'. "My poor client is innocent", etc. And recalling my earlier remarks concerning defense attorneys, my inability to understand how they can live with themselves, defending some of the scum that they sit beside. Old Butch, later on, after his conviction, confessed to the brutal rape & murder of poor Shannon.

Were there bloody paw prints at the scene? I don't remember hearing any testimony about that -- so what difference does it make that the dog was clean???:waitasec:

Were there bloody paw prints at the scene? I don't remember hearing any testimony about that -- so what difference does it make that the dog was clean???:waitasec:

Nothing as far as I can tell. Appears to be just another attempt to discredit Meredith. Subtle jab.

The gas mileage might get him off. 7 gallons of gas wouldn't cover the trip home and back.

Gracie did described his hair as "thin" and I agree with you, Jason's hair is thin. "Bald" is just what the defense wants the jury to visualize at this point.

Are you sure she said "thin?" I'm pretty sure she said "little bit of hair."

Jason testified that when he went out of the room, the door wouldn't shut all the way, but wouldn't he have his key card with him to make a quick run out to the car? Why would he need to prop the exit door open if he has his key card with him? I mean....he didn't know at the time that the hotel room door wasn't going to shut all the way... just sayin.....:waitasec:

The gas mileage might get him off. 7 gallons of gas wouldn't cover the trip home and back.

All it would take is one gas can in the truck...thrown away after being used......or stopping at another station that never was discovered...lots of reasonable choices

All it would take is one gas can in the truck...thrown away after being used......or stopping at another station that never was discovered...lots of reasonable choices

But that hasn't been PROVEN. It's the prosecution's burden to prove that one of those things happened. Evidence of a missing gas can. Or a receipt, or smell of gas in his trunk. Anything, but there's none of that here.

Without proof of his having a gas can or stopping at another station, the gas mileage does not fit. Burden of proof is on the prosecution. I did not see this one coming either. These attorneys are really good.

BTW, notice how a judge will bring in their own instructions into trial.

JG added 2nd degree murder because the case law said it was warranted, even though neither side asked for it.

JS added an 'accomplice' instruction, even though neither side asked for it.

All based on case law.

I missed the first 30 minutes ... was it decided that the "accomplice" instruction will be added? What about the right not to speak prior to arrest, was that instruction added as well?

Yes, I know. It just amuses me how he kept repeating it. Gracie never said man was "bald" as far as I can remember. Especially since compared to Jason he, himself, is short and bald.

She said a little taller than 5 feet and not much hair.

I had to step away briefly. Didn't he say he was going to show how Gracie was mistaken? Did I miss that demo, or did I misunderstand?

I wonder if he had a gas can in his garage that he could have used to get him by...or he topped off in Greensboro on way out and bought with cash.

The Young's yard is large. I wonder if he used a riding mower? or at the least, he must have had a power mower. Too bad the pros didn't think to check the garage for and EMPTY gas can. If he kept a 1,2,or 5 gal can of gas and it was empty. That could explain some of the mileage difference.

That seems to be the only thing I can think of that MAY be a sticking point for the jury.

Has anyone here figured out the mileage?

JMHO
fran

Yes, he will add the accomplice statement. So, that is probably why the defense went to great lengths to show the gas purchase irregularity. Pretty clever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike