Suspect #1: Dellen Millard *Charged* 1st Deg Murder 15 May 2013 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gather that MS has been in and out of segregation, and DM has been in segregation all this time (?)

To me, DM is the sort of personality that could go the way of PB. Attractive, taller than average, with a rubbery face and smooth speech and mannerisms...I mean have you ever noticed what people do when they are around someone they deem very attractive? People are incredibly attentive and subservient to that person. Willing to do things for them just to be around them.
SnooperDuper, I agree with your line of thought. IMO it does sound like MS hasn't been in segregation the whole time. I'll post a link again about "primate psychology" and why we like good looking people. IMO, DM would have a following in the general population-but that's only my opinion. He's good looking and is known to have money plus is accused of a grizzly crime with an incinerator involved, so IMHO, some inmates may want his autograph. JMHO http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...bout-why-beautiful-people-are-more-successful

Smich has been at this jail since Aug. 26, when he was transferred from the Niagara Detention Centre. There, he says, they kept putting him in segregation. http://www.thespec.com/news-story/4075078-exclusive-jail-visits-with-bosma-s-accused-killers

They didn't "keep" MS in segregation, they "kept putting" MS in segregation

Jim Carrey has a rubbery face. CTV Kitchener keeps using this portrait of DM and it's warped my view lol

It seems he's back in segregation since being transferred to Scarborough though.

While he assumes many of the other inmates recognize his name and his high-profile case, he says he has not been targeted in any way. He says he gets outside, but not often — especially now that he's in segregation again.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/4075078-exclusive-jail-visits-with-bosma-s-accused-killers

Segregation may be safer, but it sounds like it would be it's own kind of h**l.

JMO

I'm a little surprised that some think this case will never go to trial. Is the thought that both will make deals and plead guilty? Why would they consider talking deals with both of them if they feel they have enough evidence for a first degree murder charge?

Just curious.

Taking him out of segregation could be so he could meet some nice undercover roomies to share stories with ;)

My mind started to go in that evil direction when details of the MS you tube video were brought to light then quickly extinguished. My parents who are quite elderly, and I, would wonder about what happened and discuss how sad it was. My father has never been so moved, upset and saddened by the death of a man before, and donated some money to the TB fund. Once I watched a snippet of that video, and the other things I have read about on different venues, I decided we could no longer discuss the case. I think there are just details about this case that people like my parents should not and do not need to hear. Just a feeling and just my opinion.

Wow Eldee I can totally relate! My parents are quite elderly too, and I find myself sparing them the details of many upsetting stories in the news, particularly when they are fairly local. English is their second language so they often do not catch every little detail they hear on the news. I sometimes lie just to spare them extra sadness. I know I didn't allow them any unecessary details we learned in Court about little Tori's murder - what they learned on their own was enough. So I do get where you are coming from. As much as I can live quite comfortably without knowing exactly what LE believe happened to TB in terms of what suffering or indignity took place, I would like to know what happened overall and why. I guess that thinking could be justified by the fact that I am expecting a lot more to the story.

Funny how we become protective of our parents that way.

Taking him out of segregation could be so he could meet some nice undercover roomies to share stories with ;)

You could be right. I cant see any other reason unless he wants to be among people for company and to plan his next bridge artscapade.

Now if they put DM into the general population, is he that incredibly charming and good looking that he would cast a spell over all, including an undercover roomie? Can ole' rubberface be that good? How does one go from having no friends in school and being referred to as a "compromised" dog biscuit eating "hilbilly", to Rico Suave? Was he at finishing school with a personal trainer and stylist during those few lost years we dont know about?? I don't know, I just don't see him as being the snakecharmer many are expecting.
Just My Opinion. :dunno:

I'm a little surprised that some think this case will never go to trial. Is the thought that both will make deals and plead guilty? Why would they consider talking deals with both of them if they feel they have enough evidence for a first degree murder charge?

Just curious.
Alethea, IMO, it's my feeling that at least one of them will go to trial and I'm leaning towards DM. MS could do a TLM and just plead to 1st degree if the evidence is damning enough. After reading up on segregation, I cannot imagine being a lawyer and advising my client to continue on in silence, knowing that they were going to sit the whole time in solitary confinement. I don't think MS would withstand segregation as well as DM-JMO IMO, DM is a survivor by nature but may be over estimating his abilities.

"Millard has so far maintained his right to remain silent, but his lawyer said the public “will likely hear his side of the story” when the case goes to trial a few years from now."
http://vancouver.24hrs.ca/2013/05/15/tim-bosma-murder-suspect-dellen-millard-in-hamilton-court

IMO, Paul Bernardo is a tough cookie and it appears that after 16 months in segregation he was loosing it, so how DM will hold up is hard to say. It's one thing for a group of people on WS to think that DM is guilty or innocent, but IMO, DM's doesn't seem to have very much "in person" support from family or friends.
"Millard scanned the packed courtroom when he was led in by police officers, but no friends or family were on hand for support."
(same link as above)
Molly Hayes interview eluded to the same.

Alethea, IMO, it's my feeling that at least one of them will go to trial and I'm leaning towards DM. MS could do a TLM and just plead to 1st degree if the evidence is damning enough. After reading up on segregation, I cannot imagine being a lawyer and advising my client to continue on in silence, knowing that they were going to sit the whole time in solitary confinement. I don't think MS would withstand segregation as well as DM-JMO IMO, DM is a survivor by nature but may be over estimating his abilities.

I also think at least one will go to trial. I'm not sure if MS would plead guilty to the 1st degree. I don't think I have enough background about him to form an opinion.

I really feel there needs to be a way to speed up these trials. Spending two to three years in segregation just waiting to get to trial is unreal.

JMO

Detention conditions are so deplorable “a lot of people plead guilty just to get out of remand,” said Tasca.

snip

About 67 per cent of all people in Ontario prisons are on remand, Tasca said.

“It wasn’t always this ways,” she said, noting in the ’80s, the remand population was only about 20 per cent.

“Something happened in the ’90s and in the early 2000s to really shoot that rate up. Bail is one major issue that has caused increasing rates of remand. Less people are granted bail nowadays than decades ago. More cases than ever start their lives in detention centres,” she said.

snip

According to the same report, 63 per cent of bail hearings were adjourned to another day in 2006, a jump from just 15 per cent in 1974. Before getting a bail disposition, an accused on average needed 7.7 appearances in 2001, the report notes, adding by 2007, that number went up to 9.4 appearances.

snip

In over 40 per cent of cases, all charges against remand prisoners are dropped.

http://www.lawtimesnews.com/201307293362/headline-news/risk-aversion-stalls-bail-process-overcrowds-remand-prisons-group-says

Are we all supposed to go to her blog and give her hits today because she might have an article later this week about someone who worked with him when he was in his teens? I'm getting really sick of AB and her stories about nothing just to boost her viewers. Have any of her articles actually told us anything real? So far all I have seen from her is speculation and opinions, I wouldn't consider her a real reporter and I question the validity of linking to her 'articles' as a source from MSM.

I guess she's referring to one of numerous events organized by WM's Office Manager at the time who also happened to be a part-time model and photographer and which events involved many Toronto photographers, many of whom were particularly interested in the hangar setting with its vintage cars and planes and, of course, pretty girls. For these events to be referred to as DM's "*advertiser censored* shoots" mostly reveals the rather baffling mindset of this <modsnip>

I completely agree, and I think she's now exploiting this 'Josie' for her own ratings.

I also think that anyone who labels themselves an "opinionista" in their work cannot be taken seriously as a journalist. I have also had an article published in a newspaper, it doesn't make me a journalist or reporter, and nor does it mean that what I say is more valid than what anyone else has to say without supporting documents. The last time I read one of her 'articles' the only source for substantiation was an 'article' she herself had written earlier where she says the information came from a hunch she had about the look on a detective's face. That is not a valid source in my opinion, and I think we should stop posting links to her opinion pieces if we can't post links to FB discussions or other questionable sites where opinion trumps facts.

Is there proof AB is exploiting Josie or is it just your opinion? Could be Josie is a willing participant and welcomes the renewed interest in her and what she may reveal regarding her modelling years and her experience with DM. I'm open to reading whatever information comes my way and then weight the relevance thereafter. Btw does AB have a journalist degree?! Do you Jub? That makes a huge difference in MOO. ;)

Is there proof AB is exploiting Josie or is it just your opinion? Could be Josie is a willing participant and welcomes the renewed interest in her and what she may reveal regarding her modelling years and her experience with DM. I'm open to reading whatever information comes my way and then weight the relevance thereafter. Btw does AB have a journalist degree?! Do you Jub? That makes a huge difference in MOO. ;)

I was going to bring up this exact point, swedie. I'm guessing if it had been a male model there would be no question of his ability to consent to an interview on his own behalf. Even if he had posed naked.

(I really don't have any desire to get into a gender debate but the assumption that Josie was "exploited" did bug.)

I was going to bring up this exact point, swedie. I'm guessing if it had been a male model there would be no question of his ability to consent to an interview on his own behalf. Even if he had posed naked.

(I really don't have any desire to get into a gender debate but the assumption that Josie was "exploited" did bug.)

Tis ok AE, I hear you on that subject. :thumb:

It's likely Josie could be exploiting AB. Did she contact AB wanting to share her story? Could be why AB has hesitated in putting information out in the MSM; maybe she needs time to consider some things. Josie looking to be rediscovered...maybe? Maybe Josie is Dee, the one who wrote to DM in jail. She read AB was the only one covering the letter, therefore she wanted to inform AB it was her who wrote that letter. Anything is possible ;)

Tis ok AE, I hear you on that subject. :thumb:

It's likely Josie could be exploiting AB. Did she contact AB wanting to share her story? Could be why AB has hesitated in putting information out in the MSM; maybe she needs time to consider some things. Josie looking to be rediscovered...maybe? Maybe Josie is Dee, the one who wrote to DM in jail. She read AB was the only one covering the letter, therefore she wanted to inform AB it was her who wrote that letter. Anything is possible ;)

Well, I guess that answers those two questions. Josie didn't consent to anything and there is no interview. That was the biggest waste of two minutes of my life in reading the "Story of Jo". The entire article is the old stuff everyone already knew, with a maybe she's chosen to remain silent because of this or maybe because of that, and a couple of hints about Josie's real identity. <modsnip>
JMO

Just to add to the above, I'm sure many of us know who Dee is, and it's not Josie.

JMO

today's Toronto star Sept. 24, 2013>>>> ..." Trial may not happen to late 2014!"...sigh...robynhood...thought you would all want know if you did not see.....

Well, I guess that answers those two questions. Josie didn't consent to anything and there is no interview. That was the biggest waste of two minutes of my life in reading the "Story of Jo". The entire article is the old stuff everyone already knew, with a maybe she's chosen to remain silent because of this or maybe because of that, and a couple of hints about Josie's real identity. <modsnip>
JMO

Seriously? I am so glad I refrained from supporting that <modsnip> by giving her another hit. To me hinting at the identity of someone who asked not to be identified is absolutely unethical, and definitely exploitive. <modsnip> while taking advantage of the fact that 'Josie' didn't just hang up on her, like I imagine she is wishing she did.

<modsnip>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member