Terri Horman retains criminal defense attorney!

Does she have to have an attorney present if she has not been classified as a suspect or POI? I mean why would you need an attorney if you're innocent and just answering questions to help in the search of your beloved step son?

FWIW

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc[/ame]

A bit long, but informative and entertaining to boot.

Regarding this possible arrest for child endangerment, are we assuming it is in reference to Kyron? I'm wondering if it is in reference to baby K and is related to the RO. Since they don't know what happened to Kyron, how could they arrest her for child endangerment in regards to him? All she did (that apparently they can prove so far) is drop him off at his classroom and that's not child endangerment to my knowledge!

This may include never, ever asking them directly if they committed the crime to speaking in hypothetical terms.

The attorneys I know don't ask. This is simply because so many criminal defendants lie to their attorneys.

Some criminal defendants will continue to say they are factually, 100%, innocent. This, even when there is evidence which proves their guilt beyond all doubt and their attorneys present them with that evidence in an attempt to persuade the defendant to plead out instead of going to trial.

Well I hope her lawyer & PI convince Terri (since she is still in the home) to give
a piece of Kryon's clothing. ]

Would a dog be able to find a scent trace after four weeks have gone by?

FWIW

A bit long, but informative and entertaining to boot.

Thank you, that was great to watch, I only made it through 15 minutes but loved the part about being innocent and telling the truth can still get you in trouble.
Its actually made a lot of sense.

from what I have read (no links) it can be done...depends on things like rainfall and type of dog etc

I was just wondering myself after reading that why they didnt use dogs ASAP. or even more frequently in other cases....dogs are amazing and maybe there arent enough of them trained to trace...

I wonder if the reason is because LE knows Kyron's body is out there and they don't want anyone else out there who could be accused of tampering with evidence. I don't believe LE think Kyron is alive on Sauvie Island. Remember the OJ case. What a bunch of eff ups those cops were.

Speaking of dogs..Have cadaver dogs been brought in to search.. I can't recall ever hearing they have been.... Does anyone know?

Did not know if anyone saw this or not. Thanks to BeanE for posting it in the news.

Transcript for last night's Nancy Grace

NANCY GRACE - Mystery 911 Call in Kyron Horman Case
Aired June 30, 2010 - 20:00:00 ET

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../30/ng.01.html

JAMES PITKIN, "WILLAMETTE WEEK": Well, today we had some new developments. There was the reports of the mysterious 911 call. We also have reports that the FBI is searching sex offenders in the area. There are 143 in this vicinity, and so they have a lot of work cut out for them.

GRACE: Could you repeat? Did you say 143 registered sex offenders there in the area?

PITKIN: In the Portland area, that`s correct, Nancy.

GRACE: Now, those are just the registered sex offenders, right? That doesn`t even include people that have been accused of sex offenses.

I would get an attorney if one of my children were missing. No way do I want a crime pinned on me, and it could be, because factual innocence cannot always be proved. Even alibis may not be believed because of who is giving them (for example, a relative). Sometimes inaccurate inferences are drawn from circumstances, and/or LE focuses on a particular person to the exclusion of other possibilities.

That doesn't mean I wouldn't be fully forthcoming with information that directly bears upon the investigation, because I would be.

It would be horrifying to be suspected of a crime I did not commit, especially if it concerned my missing child.

I agree with you completely, Rough! I would get an attorney immediately if my child were kidnapped.

I agree with you completely, Rough! I would get an attorney immediately if my child were kidnapped.

Hi Jade, Would you choose an attny who does 100% criminal defense work or a victim's advocate attny?

Did not know if anyone saw this or not. Thanks to BeanE for posting it in the news.

Transcript for last night's Nancy Grace

NANCY GRACE - Mystery 911 Call in Kyron Horman Case
Aired June 30, 2010 - 20:00:00 ET

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../30/ng.01.html

JAMES PITKIN, "WILLAMETTE WEEK": Well, today we had some new developments. There was the reports of the mysterious 911 call. We also have reports that the FBI is searching sex offenders in the area. There are 143 in this vicinity, and so they have a lot of work cut out for them.

GRACE: Could you repeat? Did you say 143 registered sex offenders there in the area?

PITKIN: In the Portland area, that`s correct, Nancy.

GRACE: Now, those are just the registered sex offenders, right? That doesn`t even include people that have been accused of sex offenses.

We have a big bad RSO loose in Salem today, cut off his ankle bracelet and they haven't found him yet !!!

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Salem-sex-offender-on-the-loose-97584964.html

Hi Jade, Would you choose an attny who does 100% criminal defense work or a victim's advocate attny?

I am not Jade, but I would go defense attorney. Charges come up for innocent people too. Defense attorneys, or at least the best in your area, can handle the talking/not talking, know what is going on before you do, take care of any charges that come up. Scary world these days.

They are using dogs today and yesterday in the Jacob Wetterling search and it has been 22 years.......

I am not Jade, but I would go defense attorney. Charges come up for innocent people too. Defense attorneys, or at least the best in your area, can handle the talking/not talking, know what is going on before you do, take care of any charges that come up. Scary world these days.

Hi Merc, You're probably right. Allso, isn't the field of victim's legal rights somewhat a new area of expertise? I would think they would be very good at repairing the reputation of someone being looked at for a crime. xox

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back