Terri obtained new cell phones from friends to avoid investigator's scrutiny

Status
Not open for further replies.
LE has her attorney's contact information. That is all they need. I'm sure that LE has to go through her attorney to talk to her. Her attorney needs her contact information, not LE.

Good point. I don't think they can contact her directly since she hired Houze.

This whole business unnerves me. According to that one site (and the review is that their product worked just as promised), you only have to download the software to your phone. And their product is currently on sale. For a mere $15 you can spy on ... anyone. omg

I'd like to believe that Houze is aware of the insecure nature of cell phone communication and speaks directly to TH about sensitive information. And that LE has informed KH, DY and TY of the same.

LE has her attorney's contact information. That is all they need. I'm sure that LE has to go through her attorney to talk to her. Her attorney needs her contact information, not LE.

That makes sense if she is a suspect. Which she pretty much is.

It appears she's barely leaving the house to avoid the media.

And I don't think getting a new phone is being sneaky. Maybe LE took her phone. There was also a number on the RO, which is now public. Maybe she wanted a new phone number that wasn't listed so she wouldn't keep getting harassing phone calls and death threats.

Having a friend buy it would keep it from being linked to her name in any public records search. Because we sleuthers keep getting better and better, and not every message board or group of people are as careful as we are here. :gomods:

In fact, the more we sleuth these cases, the more concerned I become about people refusing to get involved for fear of their lives being turned upside down. At what point are we doing more harm than good?

When there is a child involved, that should trump any and everything and I'm sure that LE feels that way as well. LE digs until they can't dig anymore, they look at every possible angle and every possible person that this child was known to. Perhaps if Terri had been truthful from the get go about her activities on the day that Kyron went missing, then LE could have moved on from her but does she do that? No, she takes up sexting with her husband's high school buddy, she flunks two polygraphs and walks out on a third, it's discovered that she tried to have someone kill her husband, her cell phone pings aren't lining up with what she has told, and now the speculation that she had her friend purchase cell phones to avoid LE's scrutiny. These are examples of how much Terri really cared for Kyron which obviously was nothing. If she cared anything at all about Kyron, she would have done the right thing from the beginning. If she wasn't involved, she should have cooperated 100% with the investigation to help LE get to the right person but the way it stands right now (at least based on the info we know right now), all roads are leading right back to Terri and the question still remains - where is Kyron??

IMO.

Ok, so could her lawyer have went before the court to say, hey my client is getting a new phone number we would like to keep it off the documents for privacy reasons, its high profile, etc? They couldn't have made sure the court was provided with her her new number?

IIRC, that document was filed before Houze was hired.

I think I remember seeing it too.

After reading the above, I don't blame her for getting a new phone. Good Lord.

There is also the fact that TH is a party to a contentious divorce case. One of the first things divorce attorneys tell clients is to get new phones, internet acocunts, etc. The main account holder can access other accounts. The context of texts/emails are open for interpretation. Texts even more so because they tend to be more of a shorthand.

IMO, while the divorce case and Kyron's case are two separate cases, they have been commingled publically. TH's actions in protecting her interests in the divorce case may be seen by some to be suspicious in Kyron's case. A new cell phone is one way for TH to protect her interests in the divorce case. Especially with the divorce case being used to publically put pressure on her.

I have not read all of this yet. I don't have time right now; but, I just wanted to say that I expected this. Well, I expected her to purchase a prepaid but this works too.

Why are her friends so incredibly stupid??? They have brought the scrutiny on themselves. If I am not mistaken, her friends can probably be charged w/ interfering w/ a criminal investigation.

Thats not what this is about though, its not about her lack of talking unless she has her lawyer present. This woman could have harmed a child. It is very important to monitor her whereabouts. It is important to be able to listen who calls her phone in case its an abductor or a co conspirator who could be holding the child for ransom, or for whatever.

She does not want the invasion of privacy, having a missing step son does not bring out the selfless will do anything to find him no matter how bad she looks feeling out in her, and its very alarming.

If a person has NOTHING to hide, who care what anyone thinks?? If a person is being SNEAKY its for a reason, if a person is hiding, wanting to hide something, If I was innocent my life would be an open book, AND I would be out on my hands and knees looking, begging for the child to be returned, I don;t care what anyone would think, LE would KNOW everything, including how many phones I had. I would hide NOTHING, and cooperate fully, this woman is cold as Ice , has no compassion, and could care less about Kyron, or if he is found, if she had nothing to hide, she would still be standing right there with them, crying with them, begging with them, Kyrons faimly that is, no one just up and decided she had something to do with his dissapearance for no reason JMO

You'd be willing to allow anyone to listen to your private phone conversations? Read your texts? Know your whereabouts at any given time? Listen in on a speaker to what you're doing at any given time?

Well, to give her the benefit of the doubt, they might if they're wanting to start a sexting affair. It'd be embarrassing to know that the whole sheriff's department is going to see my secret bits if I send a photo to a boyfriend.

But it would be rather embarrassing to tell my friends that's why I need a new one so I guess I'd be stuck with my old one... :)

Hello Donjeta,

So good to see you today. I haven't had a chance to tell you I enjoy reading you!

Just thinking... If I came to the rescue of a friend and got them a new cell phone to protect them from the big bad LE and scrutiny (loss of privacy), I think I might choke if I learned that they were using the phone for sexting and sending graphic sexual pictures to woo a new boyfriend UNLESS I thought that kind of thing were cool (different moralities.) Oh and I suppose I could say (if I were in that mental state), "Hey, to each his own...so she wants to use it for that purpose, she is reimbursing me for the costs, let her do what she wants."

Hmm...this makes me wonder who was paying the phone bill for the sexting and graphic sexual picture sending. While I think it is Terri's right to do what she wants to do, whether I agree with what she wants to do or not, I can say that if she chose to do that, I would not personally want to be footing the bill for her to do so. Frankly, I think it is kinda crusty to let someone pay a bill for me when I am diametrically opposed to their purposes -- but we don't know who was paying the sexting phone bill (but I can guess). Then again, and I haven't mentioned it yet, I was particularly stricken to learn that Terri was receiving child support from her 2nd husband because he adopted her son.

As I look at the adoption, I think of a man who might have been smitten by a woman. I then think of him as maybe looking toward some wonderful future and making her and her son a part of a whole picture, thus the adoption. Whatever, as a woman, mother of a child, IF I parted ways with the latter man, UNLESS I thought this man was absolutely attached to my son (and we have word that they haven't seen one another for many years), I would feel like a huge USER to take child support for my son from this man, adoption or not. Perhaps there are others who would not, BUT...

So... I am seeing a pattern of "user." Particularly in light of the 1st marriage report of cheating. I would really like to hear from the 2nd husband. It is possible that he did something to blow up the marriage, but one way or another I think it is very wierd for Terri to take money from the man for child support. Of course, I would like to see the record of the support -- we have word of it, but.

Ok, so could her lawyer have went before the court to say, hey my client is getting a new phone number we would like to keep it off the documents for privacy reasons, its high profile, etc? They couldn't have made sure the court was provided with her her new number?

Her attorney would not need a court order to "protect" her phone number. All he has to do is provide his number as the "contact" number for TH. He can even give his address as the contact address. As long as her attorney can contact her, legally she can be contacted.

I'd like to believe that Houze is aware of the insecure nature of cell phone communication and speaks directly to TH about sensitive information. And that LE has informed KH, DY and TY of the same.

Probably. But I still think he'd advise her to get a new phone. Or again, it could be as simple as Kaine kicked her off the plan.

I'm trying to imagine myself in Terri's shoes and think why I would need a "Bat phone?" If I am innocent and have told LS all I know....I'll admit I wouldn't be crazy about "listeners" on my phone..but whatever could they hear that I would fear?

I have told them everything ..so they are not going to hear anything I withheld or suppressed.

I have no secrets so they are not going to hear secrets.

Maybe I want to cry and bash Kaine and Desiree, but that would be in keeping with my innocence.

Maybe I want to vent about the unfairness of being suspected, but that also reaffirms innocence and is nothing to hide.

Maybe I want to call special friends, but I've told LS who all my friends are anyway.

So what is my motivation?

The only thing I can think of is wanting so much to do something (sexting) that if overheard might damage my reputation somewhat. But then this speaks to self-control. And priorities. Is anything of this nature more important than a possible clue that might come from someone talking TO ME? Is my "release" more important than what might lead to finding Kyron.

Because if I'm innocent, I might still get a call from someone who might let something slip that leads to this precious child's return.

I would HATE having my privacy invaded...but it's a small enough thing to ask if there is even the slightest chance to help find Kyron.

IMO, this switcheroo is either further proof that Terri has something to hide...or that her own needs come before Kyron.

There's no harm to her if she's not hiding anything. Is there? Just inconvenience....

Just my opinion...

I know this is kind of slim hope at this point, but don't the parents still harbor some distant hope that Kyron was abducted and "stashed" somewhere, and because of this want to be open to contact and communication from these possible kidnappers? Does Terri not believe this?

I feel like Terri is focused on self-protection at the expense of finding Kyron (if she's innocent) and to me that shows that she a) doesn't believe he'll be found alive, and b) that she is putting more value on her privacy and personal rights than Kyron's case. Either way it just doesn't bode well.

Her attorney would not need a court order to "protect" her phone number. All he has to do is provide his number as the "contact" number for TH. He can even give his address as the contact address. As long as her attorney can contact her, legally she can be contacted.

Which is why Kaine's contact number is his attorney's. Terri didn't have one at the time the documents were filed.

If I was TMH's friend, regardless of how innocent I though she was, you could not pay me enough to get her a cell phone in my name without LE's blessing. That is just asking for all sorts of unnecessary trouble. Can we say hindering a criminal investiogation or obstruction of justice?

I was completely willing to support all the family members, including TH, when Kyron was reported missing. Now, I just can't include her as a family member. If that's wrong, so be it. I'm simply disgusted ANYONE would behave in this manner when a child is missing. The idea anyone would help her do this .... I'm just sickened by all of it.
Back to lurking now ....

You'd be willing to allow anyone to listen to your private phone conversations? Read your texts? Know your whereabouts at any given time? Listen in on a speaker to what you're doing at any given time?

Yes, I would, a child missing would ALWAYS come before me

There is also the fact that TH is a party to a contentious divorce case. One of the first things divorce attorneys tell clients is to get new phones, internet acocunts, etc. The main account holder can access other accounts. The context of texts/emails are open for interpretation. Texts even more so because they tend to be more of a shorthand.

IMO, while the divorce case and Kyron's case are two separate cases, they have been commingled publically. TH's actions in protecting her interests in the divorce case may be seen by some to be suspicious in Kyron's case. A new cell phone is one way for TH to protect her interests in the divorce case. Especially with the divorce case being used to publically put pressure on her.

Good point. My daughter's attorney told her about the internet stuff (to get a new accounts). She didn't have a cell at the time, so I don't know if he would have advised her to drop that account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member