The boys heard clicking Noises discuss here

Status
Not open for further replies.
If some here think that the boys were coached in saying they heard clicking noises, please share WHY there would be a need to tell them to say that? Wouldn't it be better to just tell them what NOT to say, rather than make something like that up?? I mean, that's a little out there... she would have had to pull that out of thin air, and what on earth significance could it have? Besides, most cops can tell when a kid is lying or is being coached.
Nope, not buying they were told to say that.

BBM
just wondering where that was suggested? I think i read all the posts here, but may have missed it. I agree with you though. I don't think she would have coached them to say anything. I think they MAY have said it on their own, and it MAY have fit in with her theory (made up or real) of the window being tampered with. So she mentioned it to the press, because it does support her theory of "break in." I do think, as I said in my previous post, that she needs to defend her insistence that the boys not be interviewed. Many folks have balked at this, and think it shows that she is hiding something. By bringing up what they MAY have said to LE about clicking noises, in my mind, she lets us know they have already been interviewed and there is no further need to interview them. JMO.

No offense, but I'm afraid within the next few days we are going to be seeing things like this posted as true, seems like this is how rumors get started and end up being 'facts'.

Please, let's not start speculating they are drug addicts unless there is more to it than just clicking noises!! I could list a thousand things that make a clicking sound, but we're going to guess that she was cutting cocaine... really???

Sorry, I quoted the wrong post but still...

Yes, I am speculating that it could have been the sound of cocaine being cut into lines. Why is that wrong and speculating that she was burned to death or sold for drug money or smothered or choked to death with a cord, is ok?

One does not have to be a drug addict to snort cocaine. Likely, if they were snorting cocaine, they were just "adult time" partying". I think the 2:30 call had to do with drugs. That's my opinion....so yes, really.

IDK everyone says the computer room is to far away from boys room, in a quiet house, anything could and can be heard. We sleep upstairs, and I can hear my fat cat walking around.... thump thump thump. I can hear my young cat playing and every other noise that takes place in my house at night time. Tonight when and if you sit down to watch tv, the volume will be much lower then within the day. Just an example. Guess life is quieter at night.

At 30 pounds, she was too heavy for the swing... weight limit is 25 lbs usually.

Once a baby can sit up, crawl and pull up the swing is a thing of the past anyway, no matter if a baby is under 25 lbs or not. My babies didn't use their swing after about 6 months because they were just too active for it to be safe.

I doubt Baby Lisa was still using that swing.

Apologies as I haven't read through this whole thread yet. But last night I wondered if the clicking could possibly have been from a scanner that DB was listening to, waiting to see if the dumpster fire had been reported yet.

You know how they make that static sound then click?

Probably not, but I thought I'd toss the idea out anyway. This clicking thing has been bugging me since I heard about it.

I'm noticing clicking sounds everywhere! :crazy:

Clicking noises? Burned baby clothes? Maybe I'm grabbing at straws here, but yesterday someone posted, "LE is searching behind the metal shed where the tree leaves are singed". Why are the tree leaves singed at that exact spot? (When I attempted to locate the exact quote, I received this message, "Multispeed, you do not have permission to access this page.") LE worked behind the shed raked, used a shovel, raked, and then placed the dirt into bags. Do we know where (the exact location) the burned baby clothes were found? I think posters assume they were found in the dumpster or the landfill.
Looking at the backyard, if someone is near the wood pile breaking small branches into kindling, the sound could be characterized as "clicking".
I'm just throwing into the mix as a possible explanation for the clicking sounds.

That was me, but I NEVER said the tree leaves were singed. What I said was that LE appeared to be looking at the leaves on one of the trees, and I wondered if perhaps the leaves might have been singed.

The clicking could be anything. I just chopped up vegetables for a soup and that sure made clicking noises the knife on the cutting board.

I sleep with a fan on every night, every season it's my white noise. The fan is a habit to many people.

CaraJay,

I sleep with a fan on every night too, spring, summer, winter, fall.

imo

I think it most probably had to do with the cat, since the cat was so new.

I do grind my teeth, and I slept in a hotel room with a girl who said she couldn't figure out what the noise was for the longest time. If the kid who was in bed with her said that, it could be that, imho.

One of my thoughts really was a bicycle. I don't quite know why, but I think a young person took this child after seeing how out of it the mom was. In my mind, it's a neighborhood kid and may even be friends with the older children. The older children may even have invited them/him/her over as far as my theory goes.

Or, a different neighbor or passerby took her. I think the sitting on the porch for hours getting drunk served as an accidental invitation :(

Ithink it most probably had to do with the cat, since the cat was so new.

Unclipped kitty claws go "click click" on hard floors. Also the sound they make when scratching in the litter box (let's hope they had a litter box!!!). Both would be new noises for the boys.

If the parents normally park outside, in front of the house, instead of using the garage, the garage door opener might be a "new" sound as well. I tested mine today and it's more of a "creak" than a "click", but it definitely makes some noise.

Respectfully snipped:
Suddenly reminded of "Breakfast Club"..."could you describe the ruckus, sir"

Also, I would imagine that this clicking noise would be non-routine to the boy, or he wouldn't have noticed it.

Here are other suggestions:
Baby swing
Sponge mop
Cigarette lighter
Phone texting
Baby coughing as heard over the monitor
Attic stairs
Clothing with snaps in the dryer
Baby wearing clothing with snaps in the dryer. :(
Tap shoes
Castanets
Crib railing moving up and down
Giant cockroaches communicating :laugh:

That's all I can remember for now

I thought I'd re-list all the suggestions. I know we don't have enough info to really explore this, and it would surprise me if this clicking noise amounts to anything that will break the case. But it's one of the few things we can think on. We have so little.

Just remember, We don't know which boy heard it, or when he heard it, where he was when heard it (in his own room or with DB), or if it sounded like it was originating inside or outside.

Thanks for all the contributions!

Typing on a computer keyboard (with nails)
Tool box lid closing, latching
A computer hard drive
Wine glass being set down repeatedly on a table
Cocaine, meth or crack being cut into lines w/razor on glass
The new kitty: nails on the floor, or playing with a toy, playing with blind cord
Pulling and cutting strips of tape, (packing tape, duct tape or other type)
Scissors cutting
Stapler
Oscillating fan (maybe stuck, maybe tipped over)
Ceiling fan
Air movement from open window OR fan blowing a coat hanger on a door knob or wind blowing a door back and forth.
The latch on the door pushing against door or face plate & tapping in the wind
Blinds tapping in the breeze.
Appliance with electrical short
Vehicle motor running
Knife chopping on cutting board
Knife chopping anything
Welding
The house settling
Shovel, digging, possibly hitting rocks
Gas stove. (Either from spark clicking to light, or from heating up or cooling off.)
Electrical appliance with a short.
The heater cutting off and on, short cycling
Baby monitor interference (clicking is a common complaint)
Baby monitor when one of the two pieces is taken out of range.
A childproof medicine lid
an empty gun
A revolver drum
Keys on a chain - possibly hanging from a pocket or belt while walking
Typing on an iPad
Rocking chair
A sleeping person grinding teeth, or clicking throat.
A mouse
A mouse "shoo thing" (a repeller that transmits sounds to drive mice away.)
Bicycle chain
DVR
Pull down attic stairs going up or down
Garage door, opening or closest.
Rhythmic headboard or springs from "rumpy pumpy" :floorlaugh:
Deadbolt opening or closing
Car trying to start with dead battery
Car cooling off after being driven.
Propane grill ighter
Small branches being broken into very small kindling
Luggage wheels
"little Giant" (or other) ladder being adjusted to new position
A police scanner

Okay, that's the list for the moment! Keep your thinking caps on.

Thank goodness you used the click list from last night. :crazy:

Oh yeah! You know it!

Hello. My first post, thank you! Just logged on to say that my wheeled carry on luggage makes that familiar "clicking sound". The child could have been transported from the house in a piece of luggage. The "stolen cell phones" (sarcasm) would be with the dead child. JMHO. BBL

Welcome!!

Texting on a phone or typing on a computer with nails. THANK YOU!! Great job!!

Texting on a phone or typing on a computer with nails. THANK YOU!! Great job!!

Phone texting & iPad are both already on there. I edited to add typing (how did i miss that one?!)

Seems to me if Lisa's parents are NOT married, then JI alone could give LE permission to speak with HIS child. DB wouldn't have squat to say about it either.

I think he is browbeaten by her and is afraid to speak up or ask questions. You can't tell me this man has no opinion, thoughts or suspicions about what happened....

The cheap mop latch hitting the handle while mopping (I have one like that where it doesn't stay attached to the handle)

CPR on a baby in a crib and the boxspring bouncing

A pirate with a wooden leg tap dancing on a twister mat ... it can happen .... really.

This is what I was suggesting in my post#137:

"Bradley, the affidavit said, told police she did not initially look for her baby behind the house because she was “afraid of what she might find.”

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/21...#ixzz1bRbMe44Z

I did not receive a single reply.

Here's my reasoning. DB and JI claim they did not know anything. One was blacked out and the other was at work. They had no answers, except for one glaring exception: they were certain the intruder came in through the FRONT door or the FRONT window. The intruder exited through the FRONT door. They claim the dog didn't bark because the event occurred in the FRONT of the house. Using 6:40pm as a time line, DB was drinking wine for several hours on the FRONT porch. For 2 people who knew nothing, they went out of their way to focus everyone's attention on the FRONT of the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven