The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 24th June - Trial Day 9, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, little 'Scraps' ( the neighbours dog) knew what was happening on the BC back patio that night didn't he? His evidence should be presented along with the leaf matter IMO.

Speaking of Scraps, is that house the same one as the property where Allison's phone showed up for the police officer, with the 'find my phone' ap? I gather they were really close, just wasn't sure if they were one and the same house.

I missed quite a lot here over the last year or so and when I read the phone had actually been traced, I was so excited, thinking it meant found. Gutted to realise they never actually physically found it, so close!! I always wondered if it were placed up in a tree, no idea why though.

MOO

and perhaps at the timeline. Many of us have been following this from Day 1 and it is still confusing sometimes. If I can help please let me know, and I will try to give you a "short" synopsis of the goings on. There are a few "in" jokes regarding roundabouts an caterpillars on here, disregard until you get an idea as to what has gone on. Someone will explain them to you,

marlywings said:
Originally Posted by marlywings View Post
A basic summary & a little exercise. Try pretending you're one of the jurors & you know nothing or very little about the murder of Allison....

Prosecutor begins the trial with description of the case...

A mother of three is murdered, found dumped in the mud below a bridge 14kms from her home. Her husband was the last person to see her alive. This murder is said to have taken place at the house which they shared. The husband is also charged with interfering with a body.

Testimony to date from numerous doctors/experts show she wasn't depressed, she wasn't suicidal. She was taking care of herself, her appearance, had a new hairdo & was looking forward to attending a conference.

Testimony from a mistress of the husband states they had an ongoing affair spanning many years & he'd promised to be with her by July 1st.....all unbeknown to the wife.

Testimony to date from numerous doctors/experts show the scratches on the husband's body aren't from a shaver & are more than likely fingernail scratches.

Testimony from close friends of the husband testify their friend was having extremely serious financial problems. Dodgy deals were made in an attempt to rectify those problems. Those deals failed & he was left owing a lot of money to numerous people.

Testimony from leaf/tree expert states the leaves/leaf litter found in the woman's hair are consistent with the plant matter found in back patio & carport areas of the home the husband & wife shared. Certain pieces of this leaf matter suggest she'd been dragged along.

Some leaf matter was mentioned as being found only at Kholo. Some leaf matter was found in the Captiva.

Will any of that leaf matter from Kholo match with the leaf matter found in Captiva??

To be continued tomorrow

Plus the wife's life insurance was due to be paid, but wasn't paid (possibly due to insufficient funds= No money.)

Plus, her blood and hair found in the back of a near-new car!

Great post Marly - that does put it into perspective. The circumstantial evidence combined is quite hefty.

I can do tweets for the morning, if nobody else has put their hand up yet?

I predict he is going to be found not guilty on this all the weak evidence that has been presented so far. Honestly how many of you would say he was guilty with ONLY the evidence we have heard at the trial .....

It'll be the same old story - he will be found not guilty and then all the additional details will come out and I think the jurors will be shocked at what they weren't told at the trial.

I'm feeling very disappointed and VERY worried for the children and VERY worried for the mental and physical health of Allisons parents if he is found not guilty.

RSBM

There's still a bit to go but in all honesty, after following dozens of trials exactly of this nature, I just don't see this as a weak case.

The jury would have to swallow a man deeply in debt, having multiple affairs, who wanted out of his marriage just happened to cut himself shaving on the very day the wife he wanted to leave disappeared. Sheer coincidence those cuts look like fingernail scratches and the disappeared wife being well-insured is just happenstance. I may just be overly optimistic - but I think that's a tough sell. Quite a few men have been convicted on a lot less - but I grant you, a jury is always a wild card.

As an aside, I love Allison's forum. All of you show her so much tenderness and respect, it's inspiring. It makes me wish every crime victim had you all in their corner.

Please pardon errors as posted via Tapatalk with a less than stellar user.

Aislin Kriukelis ‏@AislinKriukelis 2h

A leading Qld botanist will be back on the witness stand this morning at the #BadenClay murder trial. Details on @TheTodayShow at 7:30

Yes sometimes the prosecution does ask questions in re examination. Transcripts are usually available but you have to buy them and they are not cheap.

When do they become available? After the end of the trial or during?

Hi all, in regards to no drag marks there was nothing to stop him, in his
tidying up, sweeping or raking where the marks were.

Difficult to say how much cover-up occurred after this crime was committed.

Just because of the persistent questions about Allison's state of mind,I feel considerable "gaslighting" was applied, and perhaps since the early years of her marriage. People all around were told the same story, given the same impression---"Allison is not well. Yes, I am finding it hard." Then all one has to do is sit back and allow kind-hearted folk to draw their own conclusions, expertly managed.
Typically, the story goes like this: a group of loosely associated people sit down and begin to swap war stories and an epi-centre of misery is discovered. Ground Zero is their good friend ******! What! How could that be? That person is usually so...pleasant. Nice. Tries so hard. But then the connections start to be made, and efforts to untangle a lifetime of lies, begin. The resulting intelligence can be honestly shocking. How could someone plan to do this monstrous thing? But some malice aforethought has been brought to bear in Brookfield. And...miracle of miracle for that person, there was help close by. And that support has further obscured the details of this crime. But meanwhile, Justice for Allison rolls on and in its righteousness, others are losing the influence of the sorcerer and waking to the truth.
That is the opportunity a substantial trial offers in a case such as this one.

Greetings, WS friends! I'm a longtime WSer- but brand new to this case. May I ask if anyone could recommend a certain thread that I should start off with? This case (at the barest of first glances) appears intriguing, but I am getting lost in regards to the business loans/shady dealings. Time for me to catch up.

Via Kindle, like a true Amazon junkie

This link is to all the threads to date for Allison's forum...

Up top of the link, all previous general discussion threads are combined in one section starting at first thread when Allison was first reported as "missing".

The sticky thread section contains timeline/media reports, bail documents from the bail hearing.

Further down you'll find Committal Hearing threads along with the Trial day threads, photos from our locals & photos from trial.

Allison Baden-Clay of Australia - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member