The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 2nd July - Trial Day 14, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but am too tired to go back over posts for today, but first up in court today was judge talking about note GBC gave to ballif to give to the jury. Ballif didn't and gave it to judge. GBC had done this without his lawyers knowing. His lawyers took him aside to 'discuss' then court resumed and jury was called back in. OMG, what was on that note??? Was it his business card??? Was it an invitation to a female juror to meet up??? Or did he simply tell them all that he loved them and it was business as usual.

DEAD SET! it happened - He is fighting for his life - he will do whatever it takes! That journalist that attempted to speak to the jury was probably on his payroll. A few words from GBC to help the jury out with all this terrible truth that he has to reveal from Prosecutor Fuller.

I think he also wanted help from Mr Byrne re how to get out from Todd Fullers questioning. The judge has had more surprises in this case than a Christmas hamper.

Originally Posted by Flabbergasted View Post
I wonder how Pastor Walton-Baden-Walton-Clay is going with preparing his next sermon to a bewildered congregation. Remember way back the email he sent to his parishoners about how they are going to be hearing a lot of dreadful untruths.........I am imagining him tweeting the trial word for word to his congregation until getting to the bit where Gerard asks the prosecutor how much sordid detail he is expected to give and he suddenly realises and rereads what he has tweeted.....

Ohhhh that's hilarious.....I love the name

For a few of the Ws'ers that wanted to know about Allisons diary - the book is Relationship Rescue. Sometimes she refers to pages within and sometimes to chapters, mainly about anger in the relationship, fear, and lonliness. Its terribly sad.

For a few of the Ws'ers that wanted to know about Allisons diary - the book is Relationship Rescue. Sometimes she refers to pages within and sometimes to chapters, mainly about anger in the relationship, fear, and lonliness. Its terribly sad.

Thank you Liadan. It goes without saying that Allison was taking the blame for the fallout of Gerard's personality disorder.

Absolutely for real Snails. Liadan was in court beside me and will verify it as true. We were also gobsmacked. What the ... GBC has to be an idiot to try to do that. I was trying to be a fly on the wall to read the note, but couldn't see it. :jail::jail::jail:

Guess he wants a mistrial? Must feel his Defense angle sucked?

its the linear thought process that astounds me.. ( I didn't think Gerard could astound me any further ) ..

one has to ask.. where does he think he has been sitting these past weeks?? does he realise its the QLD Supreme Court??

does he know he has been propped in remand for these last 2 years??

what does he think a baillif is for??

what does he see as the purpose of a jury??

does he know what connection this jury has in relation to himself??

what could he possibly write, to a jury, that is considering the evidence in the matter of the murder of his wife, in which he has been charged as the murderer, and interfering with her corpse, that would appear to be a sane and rational idea, to pick up the pen and paper, write the note, hand it to the bailiff , instruct the bailiff to deliver it to the jury , and sit back in all expectation that this is what will happen??

Perhaps he does realize that he is a goner now. Could have been a devious attempt to show (for later) that he is insane (or inane) - removal from reality.

We've had a couple of different versions of what transpired in the note passing incident from people who were present at court yesterday- just goes to show how everything can be open to interpretation and perception. I guess it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things - the whole notion of passing notes, and thinking that it would help at this stage of the trial, is pretty strange but kind of fits with the picture of GBC that has been building over time. He really doesn't have much of a clue about how a lot of things (or other humans for that matter) work outside of his own little world, does he?
Thanks to the WSers who were in attendance yesterday - the rest of us wouldn't have heard anything about this without your accounts.

Bit reluctant to answer given the stage of this trial (mods feel free to snip my comment) but yes, it does extend to suggesting that a person took their own life. On this basis it is obvious that GBC has not made any admissions to his legal team. Again, feel free to modsnip.

I agree JBC. Basically the defence can't suggest an alternate theory of how the person died if their client has told them he is responsible. That's part of the ethics of being a lawyer. I remember our ethics textbook at law school and I was amazed how small it was compared to all the big thick books.

Is the interfering with a corpse included?

That has its own punishment of max 2 yrs. http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/qld/consol_act/cc189994/s236.html

Ali surely if it got to a juror that would have been a mistrial or something. The judge would have to haul him over the coals for that!! Have you ever heard of such front?

Never heard of this happening. Yes it could lead to a mistrial if the jury had received it depending what it said. Bailiff earned his pay yesterday. From what Liadan has said as she was in court, there was more than one note attempt not only to the jury.

Superb sleuthing Liaden. Wonder if the prosecution or defence had worked this out.

Exactly, Trooper. I could not believe the amount of times today when he was asked a question and he turned it around and at the end said "That is correct". It was weird; very weird way to communicate. Like he had to be correct and just twisted the question to his advantage. :jail::jail::jail:

I can't find the link but when he was asked if he knew where Allison's pyjamas were he answered 'I can not see them in this photo'.
Well yes they weren't in the photo but that was not the answer to that question!
That to me shows a manipulator and seasoned liar who very subtly changes the question to suit his answer.
I worked with a salesman who used to answer a question with a question which became annoying.

Example: Q: did you shave this morning? A: did I shave this morning?
Then either the question is asked again or there's that moment of silence while the answer is contemplated.

I found extremely annoying and I was naive to the reason but after he was sacked my boss explained. That is when a liar buys time to think of an answer.
My boss was a wake up.
The reason that salesman was sacked? Because he started harassing our female clients with little children, if ya know what I mean.

That's true, but now GBC said he was definitely leaving Allison by July 1. Imo TM felt triumphant.

She wrote that Allison was a lady of leisure and so on, god only knows what she said out loud about Allison. As if she can criticise her like that?

I just think GBC couldn't afford to have them meet, and TM was on the warpath. Again jmo.

What i'm sceptical about is, we only have Gerry's word Toni was volatile, and we all know what a liar he is. This leaves me unable to believe this theory. Let's face it TM has had how many years of being the mistress and never once attempted to contact Allison over all that time, even after losing her job and Allison taking her place. She had a firm unconditional commitment from Gerry which no doubt she believed would happen with his 'leave it to me' scouts honour commitment. I can't get my head around the fact Allison was murdered because Gerry feared a Allison and TM confrontation, from all accounts I can't see Allison lowering herself to confront TM at the conference either.

I agree JBC. Basically the defence can't suggest an alternate theory of how the person died if their client has told them he is responsible. That's part of the ethics of being a lawyer. I remember our ethics textbook at law school and I was amazed how small it was compared to all the big thick books.

That has its own punishment of max 2 yrs. http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/qld/consol_act/cc189994/s236.html

Never heard of this happening. Yes it could lead to a mistrial if the jury had received it depending what it said. Bailiff earned his pay yesterday. From what Liadan has said as she was in court, there was more than one note attempt not only to the jury.

Superb sleuthing Liaden. Wonder if the prosecution or defence had worked this out.
Was there more than one note attempt??

The note was for the Judge not the jury. GBC wanted the opportunity to explain about the iPhone app "find my iPhone" better than he had already. The balliff passed the note to the judge who in turn talk to the defence team, who in turn spoke to GBC. He was not allowed to do what he had asked. But managed to bring it up through answering other questions anyway. But it did not seem to work for him.

It just astound me that someone can be that arrogant and conceited that they actually truly believe they are above everyone else, even the law.

Does this arrogance (which is not exclusive to GBC by the way, I see it in his whole family (BCs that is)) stem from the self importance that they wrap around the "BADEN" part of their name. Because of Lord Baden-Powell??? Do yourself a favour and do some research on BP, he was not the nicest person in the world. Quite astonishing some of the things you'll find on the net about this guy. And scarily reflective of Gerard, Nigel and Olivia.

Cheers.

Hey FirstTimer was this after he had already been questioned by the defence about the app, and when Fuller made the comment about the app not working when GBC really needed it (sorry my lazy paraphrasing there)? And if the judge consulted with the defence, I'm wondering whether they knocked the idea of GBC giving any additional testimony on the head themselves.
It's all very interesting anyway!

Thank you Liadan. It goes without saying that Allison was taking the blame for the fallout of Gerard's personality disorder.

Totally agree PH! She was super resilient and never gave up! No doubt it is what made her so successful in the other parts of her life.

I just love it when one of the girls said to the police in the interview - how did you know that your mum came back into see you and her answer was because she said she would. That to me speaks volumes about the trust caring and understanding Allison had with not just her girls but everyone.

Morning all, still catching up the nights posts but wow, the note? What a dumbass. Entitled to the very end. Maybe he should add lawyer to his very impressive C.V? I spent another night dreaming in Websleuths post form. It makes for a very disjointed sleep. Can't wait to go back to normal! Thanks in advance to everyone today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member