The most notorious unsolved crime in your area

I just came across this thread today and saw this. It's crazy you posted this less than a month before the news broke that she was located. So glad her parents have some closure.
I know. I have followed her story from the beginning. It will never be over for her family but at least they can bring her home.
BTW I spell my name Lynette not many of us out there

Possibly you like to repost a case from your state to bring new life to cold case

The most notorious unsolved crime in every state

MISSOURI: A prepubescent girl was found decapitated in St. Louis in 1983 in a case that still haunts detectives.

On February 28, 1983, a female body with the head missing was found in an abandoned building in St. Louis. Police originally thought it was the body of a sex worker, but soon discovered that the victim was much younger than they expected —between 8 and 11 years old.

At the time, it was the only decapitation in the US that involved a person that young, according to the FBI.

The victim and the killer still remain unidentified. She is simply known as "Little Jane Doe" in the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children's database.

If this looks familiar or you have any info contact the proper authorities Thank you
What if it was some kind of ritualistic sacrifice? There's cases like Richard Ramirez and some of ted bundys victims where the blood was completely drained from the body and there were occultist items found at the scene in relation to Ramirez' victims.. Also just wanna add that the material of the cotton tee looks kind of cheap, so she was deffo someone from a poorer background

Last edited:
The murder of 18 year old Julie Barnyock in November of 1993 in Lansdale, Pennsylvania.

At 11:40pm on Nov 8, 1993 Julie Barnyock stepped off a train at lansdale station from South Street in philadelphia. She used a payphone to call her parents in Chalfont for a ride home, but when her father arrived 20 min later she was nowhere to be found. Her father reported her missing, but on December 2nd someone found her body while cutting through a freight yard. Passengers from the train told police julie was seen speaking to a man on the train who looked to be in his 20's.

Police offering $10,000 for information that can help solve this case.

Great idea for a thread. I know Texas has already been named, but it’s a big state, eh?

The bizarre “Lover’s Lane” murders of Cheryl Henry and Andy Atkinson.

1653844749024.jpeg

On August 23, 1990, 22-year-old Cheryl Henry and her 21-year-old boyfriend, Andy Atkinson, headed out for the night and didn't return. They were found murdered the next day in an undeveloped, wooded area in West Houston.

Cheryl had been raped and then killed. Her throat was slashed and the killer had covered her naked body with boards. Andy was found tied to a tree, his throat also slashed so deeply he was almost decapitated. At the crime scene, police found a golf club lying in a field, along with three golf balls, one lined up after the other pointing the way to Cheryl's body. There were also four partially deflated balloons tied to the tree above Cheryl's body and a $20 bill lying next to her. According to Gary Atkinson, Andy's father, investigators told him they believed Andy allowed the killer tie him to a tree. They also know that Cheryl was killed first, which means Andy was forced to listen to her scream, but was unable to help.

The unidentified DNA profile from Cheryl‘s rape and murder had been entered into CODIS long ago. Then 23 years after their murders (I know) the Harris County Sheriff s Department entered a DNA profile found at an unsolved burglary/rape that had actually been committed months BEFORE the killings of Cheryl and Andy. There was a match. Even better? The previous rape victim saw her attacker and survived.

Excellent thread started by Cheryl’s sister to catch up on this case:

Last edited:
I think it was the efforts of her mom that gave us the Amber Alert. I think of Amber and her family every so often. We lived in Arlington at the time. It was shocking as a community but heartbreaking to see her suffering family. To this day one of my neighbors has a justice for Amber flag they replace every year or so because it fades in the Texas sun. People here still want to see this case solved.
did they get a dna profile from her abductor?? if so they can catch him with all the new technology that is out today.

did they get a dna profile from her abductor?? if so they can catch him with all the new technology that is out today.
In 2021 the local news reported that a sample was being resubmitted to the lab to try to get an "enhanced DNA profile." Little Amber's body was discovered in a creek. It's unlikely a full DNA profile could be obtained from soggy clothes in 1996. I'm not confident about the chances 25 years later, but it's good that the police are willing to try.

Awe. Just realized this was supposed to be about cold cases. Not exactly cold, but it is bizarre and worth diving into if you have not heard about this one:

Texas: Houston
Candyman Lost Boys Serial Killer Dean Corll 1970-1973
This case that has everything:

Serial killer - at least 27 boys
Men killing boys
Disappearing boys who were never found
Parents contacting police and getting nowhere
Police denial of crimes
Accomplices who assist Dean and eventually shoot him
Bizarre crime scenes where the accomplices go on digs with police
Inmates digging up bodies and assisting at crime scenes

John Wayne Gacy got his ideas from Dean Corll

Texas runner up: Henry Lee Lucas The bizarre crime that wasn't. All news and more news which turned into the Henry Lee Lucas show

Last edited:
Pennsylvania. Even though I don't live there, the most compelling cold case to me is the murder of Susan Reinert and the disappearance of her children, Karen and Michael.

Still no sign of him. In addition, In the week before Lori's return, two of the family's laptop computers were stolen. Robert came to believe that Max had taken them to either sell or exchange in order to obtain drugs, and sent an email to Lori apologizing for having let it happen.[5] Investigators later learned that he had traveled to an abandoned industrial building in Bridgeport to confront some men they described as Max's "associates" over the theft, which Max had said they were responsible for.[1] On July 25, $600 was withdrawn from one of the family's bank accounts.

Was discussing this case on another forum, and someone mentioned the odd way Robert's keys and wallet were hidden. Another poster said she had lived with an addicted person, and apparently you hid stuff to keep it from disappearing.
My daughter was an addict - I slept with my wallet and my keys in my pillowcase.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back