The oversized Bloomingdale’s panties.

Did Patsy lie about the Bloomingdale’s panties?

• Yes

Votes: 164 77.7%
  • No

Votes: 14 6.6%
  • Not sure

Votes: 33 15.6%

• Total voters
The size 12 panties which were to be a gift would have been put there in the basement by Patsy after she bought them. I can't remember if they were actually gift wrapped or not. If they weren't wrapped then I would think they were put there in the Bloomingdales bag until wrapping time, and only Patsy would have known this. I can't see her telling John that she bought the panties for a gift to her niece, and put the in the wrapping room.
This is why I believe it was Patsy who chose the size 12 panties which were found on JB. I would believe she assisted in putting them on JB, and that she was the one who chose the white blanket that JB was wrapped in. The blanket was in the clothes dryer, and I don't think John would even know that. Patsy knew right where the panties were, and the blanket.

There are a couple of variations of where the purchased size 12's ended up before a pair was put onto JB. Here's one:

Readers should take the following with a grain of salt, but this is the account of the panties provided by National Enquirer: "On the shopping spree, which included a visit to Bloomingdales', Patsy paid $24.99 for a size 12/14 set of "bloomies" panties with the days of the week on them for her niece, a girl older than JonBenét, according to a source. The seven-panty set was identical to one JonBenét had -- only hers were a size 6. When the gals returned to Boulder from their trip, Patsy was going to send the larger panties to her niece, but JonBenét wanted to keep them, an insider confides. "JonBenét and her mom were in her room when Patsy pulled out the pack of size 12 panties," says the insider. "An excited JonBenét told her mom, 'Don't send those to Aunt Polly -- I want them, I want them!' "When Patsy answered, 'But they are much too big for you,' JonBenét said, 'That's OK, Mom, I'll grow into them.' So Patsy opened the packages and put them into a bathroom drawer next to JonBenét's identical set of size 6 panties." Patsy kept the panties in a drawer in the bathroom -- instead of in the bedroom for convenience sake, says a source, because JonBenét often had to be washed and changed at night due to her frequent bed-wetting. But the source insists that JonBenét had never worn the larger briefs until the night of her death!"

If Patsy HAD "opened them up", then the package that got sent by the Ramseys some years later, with one pair missing, would not have been those same Bloomies.

If, on the other hand, Patsy did NOT put them in JB's drawer, and instead took them to her wrap station, but did not get them ready to be mailed to Atlanta in time for Christmas, they might very well have been in the laundry area, where the washer and dryer were that was usually used for the larger blanket items.

25 TRIP DeMUTH: You had presents in

1 the basement laundry room, right?

2 PATSY RAMSEY: Right.

3 TRIP DeMUTH: So you wrapped

4 presents in the basement laundry room, right?

5 PATSY RAMSEY: Right.

6 TRIP DeMUTH: So you were down in

7 the basement laundry room pretty often?

8 PATSY RAMSEY: Depending on what

9 time of year it was, yeah, uh-hum

It has been speculated JB's blanket came out of that dryer, even perhaps with her pink nightgown statically attached unknowingly. So, it may well follow that the pantie package and the blanket were easily accessible in the laundry area in the basement, making it easy for the stager.

I'm just not so sure it had to be Patsy who gathered and used the items on JB. especially given the comment by JR about JB's nightgown being with her when found: "that wasn't supposed to be there"

There are a couple of variations of where the purchased size 12's ended up before a pair was put onto JB. Here's one:

Readers should take the following with a grain of salt, but this is the account of the panties provided by National Enquirer: "On the shopping spree, which included a visit to Bloomingdales', Patsy paid $24.99 for a size 12/14 set of "bloomies" panties with the days of the week on them for her niece, a girl older than JonBenét, according to a source. The seven-panty set was identical to one JonBenét had -- only hers were a size 6. When the gals returned to Boulder from their trip, Patsy was going to send the larger panties to her niece, but JonBenét wanted to keep them, an insider confides. "JonBenét and her mom were in her room when Patsy pulled out the pack of size 12 panties," says the insider. "An excited JonBenét told her mom, 'Don't send those to Aunt Polly -- I want them, I want them!' "When Patsy answered, 'But they are much too big for you,' JonBenét said, 'That's OK, Mom, I'll grow into them.' So Patsy opened the packages and put them into a bathroom drawer next to JonBenét's identical set of size 6 panties." Patsy kept the panties in a drawer in the bathroom -- instead of in the bedroom for convenience sake, says a source, because JonBenét often had to be washed and changed at night due to her frequent bed-wetting. But the source insists that JonBenét had never worn the larger briefs until the night of her death!"

If Patsy HAD "opened them up", then the package that got sent by the Ramseys some years later, with one pair missing, would not have been those same Bloomies.

If, on the other hand, Patsy did NOT put them in JB's drawer, and instead took them to her wrap station, but did not get them ready to be mailed to Atlanta in time for Christmas, they might very well have been in the laundry area, where the washer and dryer were that was usually used for the larger blanket items.

It has been speculated JB's blanket came out of that dryer, even perhaps with her pink nightgown statically attached unknowingly. So, it may well follow that the pantie package and the blanket were easily accessible in the laundry area in the basement, making it easy for the stager.

I'm just not so sure it had to be Patsy who gathered and used the items on JB. especially given the comment by JR about JB's nightgown being with her when found: "that wasn't supposed to be there"

midwest mama,
The seven-panty set was identical to one JonBenét had -- only hers were a size 6.
We do not know if JonBenet owned a Bloomingdales set of size-6 underwear, so how does the NI know? Also if you read the transcript of the interview about the underwear nowhere does Patsy confirm that she actually purchased a set of Bloomingdales for JonBenet.

Agreed, so what is the R's rationale for finding them, we know the absence of the size-12's is inconsistent with Patsy's account, but how does finding them change anything?

They were never in JonBenet's drawer, Patsy fabricated that to account for JonBenet wearing them, JR or BR patently never told Patsy prior to her interview the size-12's had been disposed of. This indirectly confirms to me that this aspect of the staging had nothing to do with Patsy?

You do have to question Patsy's account and reason for purchasing those size-12's, since she never mailed them as stated, or why not allow the store to send them out with a nice card? Also if she intended to mail them interstate why were they not in the plane with the rest of the stuff JR had pre-loaded?

Complete speculation! Did the bloodstains on the pink nightgown also arrive statically? When JR or BR were wrapping JonBenet in the blanket how come they missed the pink barbie gown, since the blanket had to be folded, laid flat, then JonBenet placed onto it, with the rest pulled around her body, then lifted into the wine-cellar. There are many point of juncture at which the gown would have been spotted. The Pink barbie nightgown is in the wine-cellar precisely because it relates in some manner to JonBenet's death.

The white longjohns were not in the basement laundry area or were they? Why travel upstairs for longjohns and ignore the size-6 underwear?

We have no proof that any size-12's were ever in the basement laundry area, demonstrate this and you might have a theory, do not forget Patsy said she wrapped gifts in that area, but never explicitly stated this in regard to the size-12's, which from memory were pre-gift wrapped?

Another item of interest is that all the gifts were partially opened. Since it was Patsy who wrapped them she need not open them all to find the size-12's.

I reckon the the gifts were partially opened because BR was searching for his birthday gifts. Everyone has to ask: why were they placed into the wine-cellar? Because if the size-12's were disposed off, does this mean the gift-wrapping went the same way also, or was this left behind indicating to whom the intended recipient was? Therefore justifying the finding of the size-12's at a later date?

There must be forensic evidence LE have that we lack otherwise the above questions would be no-brainers.

Neither was JonBenet!

It was either JR or BR who redressed JonBenet in the size-12's. On the size issue alone Patsy would have known how inconsistent it made the staging look.

Please respond to the above that I bolded. Wow, I had never heard that before. TIA

Please respond to the above that I bolded. Wow, I had never heard that before. TIA

This is Patsy's testimony:

Over-sized Underwear Placed in JBR Underwear Drawer. In the same interview, Bruce Levin asked: "Okay. What we are trying to understand is whether--we are trying to understand why she is wearing such a large pair of underpants. We are hoping you can help us if you have a recollection of it."

Patsy responded: "I am sure that I put the package of underwear in her bathroom, and she opened them and put them on" (83:lines 21-25; 84: lines 1-3).

In the same interview, Jane Harmer asked: "Do you recall making a decision then not to give them to Jenny or did JonBenet express an interest in them; therefore, you didn't give them to Jenny? How did that --"

Patsy responded: "I can't say for sure. I mean, I think I bought them with the intention of sending them in a package of Christmas things to Atlanta. Obviously I didn't get that together, so I just put them in her, her panty drawer. So they were free game..." (87:lines 3-12).

My speculation from the article in the NE which contained info that Patsy had decided to let JB have the package of Bloomies intended for Jenny, along with the statements that Whaleshark posted, is that if Patsy did put the Bloomies in her drawer, she could have opened the package, so as to allow JB easy access to them. If Patsy opened the package and just put the panties into the drawer, wouldn't it be possible the packaging would have been tossed away? If they WERE opened and in the drawer, anyone would have had easy access to them.

Somewhere in one of the forums, a picture of the packaging showed that it would almost take cutting them open with a knife (a kitchen paring knife was found on a cabinet nearby JB's room that was not normally there) to get into the package easily.

My speculation from the article in the NE which contained info that Patsy had decided to let JB have the package of Bloomies intended for Jenny, along with the statements that Whaleshark posted, is that if Patsy did put the Bloomies in her drawer, she could have opened the package, so as to allow JB easy access to them. If Patsy opened the package and just put the panties into the drawer, wouldn't it be possible the packaging would have been tossed away? If they WERE opened and in the drawer, anyone would have had easy access to them.

Somewhere in one of the forums, a picture of the packaging showed that it would almost take cutting them open with a knife (a kitchen paring knife was found on a cabinet nearby JB's room that was not normally there) to get into the package easily.

midwest mama,
Pasty was deliberately vague on the size-12 issue. She only claimed she placed the underwear into JonBenet's underwear, not that she opened them, and then put them in.

An interesting point is given the size-12's were not where Patsy stated they should be.

Then who removed them from the drawer and to where, patently nowhere the police searched?

Since they were recovered again this indirectly suggests a Ramsey removed them since what intruder would know or care about hiding the size-12's?

So if you are correct, i.e. they were opened and the underwear placed into the drawer, then what the R's returned cannot be the originals.

If you are wrong then the underwear returned is the original, since no intruder redressed JonBenet in those size-12's, because:

1. They would not know they even existed.

2. They would not care if JonBenet was redressed or not.

3. Why bother hiding the remaining pairs?

How coincidental the Ramsey's found what the elusive intruder hid successfully from the police.

Here is one:
[ame="http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showpost.php?p=106536&postcount=2"]Forums For Justice - View Single Post - The Huge (Girls Size 12-14) "Bloomies" Underwear on JonBenet, Modeled By Six-Year-Old[/ame]

Forgive if this has been discussed, but in reading through this thread, what if JonBenet - herself - put on these panties that night? There is this fairly new information about the feces covered box of chocolates found in her room the morning they found her body. What if JonBenet soiled herself that previous night and put on those panties, afterwards.

Forgive if this has been discussed, but in reading through this thread, what if JonBenet - herself - put on these panties that night? There is this fairly new information about the feces covered box of chocolates found in her room the morning they found her body. What if JonBenet soiled herself that previous night and put on those panties, afterwards.

I would agree with you Bayareamom with above as the possible and simple explanation IF this size 12 panty would not have 'WEDNESDAY' on it! You see (and this is the fact), JonBenet cannot read yet. And Bloomy package was new with 7 panties for each day of the week inside. How JB would know which panty to pull-out from the package to match today-Wednesday day?

IMO, the size 12 panty was put on JB by her mother, Patsy....man (John or Burke) wouldn't bother for such a 'wednesday'-match. Only Patsy!!!!!

jmo

I see what you're saying, but in the assumption that JonBenet might have put those panties on herself, it could possibly be that the Wednesday panties JUST HAPPENED to be the ones she picked up - not necessarily something that was thought out beforehand.

Also, JonBenet, according to Patsy, was already reading at this time, so it's quite possible she DID read the day of the week on those panties. (I was reading days of the week at an earlier age than JonBenet was, when she died, so I know it's quite possible).

Something tells me, though, that IF JonBenet had soiled herself that night (as in poop), she wouldn't have been too concerned as to what day of the week those panties were - she would have just grabbed the first ones that she found...so again, randomness, here.

I see what you're saying, but in the assumption that JonBenet might have put those panties on herself, it could possibly be that the Wednesday panties JUST HAPPENED to be the ones she picked up - not necessarily something that was thought out beforehand.

Also, JonBenet, according to Patsy, was already reading at this time, so it's quite possible she DID read the day of the week on those panties. (I was reading days of the week at an earlier age than JonBenet was, when she died, so I know it's quite possible).

The problem with your theory here lies with where did JB find them? Did she pick this pair out of the middle of the package and then hide the rest of the package only to be found by the Rs years after that they finally turned over to LE? With all due respect BAM, I think you need to go back and revue the evidence.

I have read just the opposite- that JB couldn't read yet. "Wednesday" is a pretty big word for a 6-year old, even if they are beginning readers. There were NO other size 12 panties in JB's drawer. Those panties came in a set of 7. The other 6 pairs were never found by LE in a search of the house. 5 years later, what was alleged to be the remaining 6 pairs was sent by the parents (via their attorney) to LE in Boulder- PROVING they were never in her drawer (as LE removed all the panties that were in there). Add the panty lie to the rest of the parents' lies.

Please understand - this isn't some sort of theory of mine; JUST a supposition. But could those six pairs of panties have been given away to someone as a gift (Patsy's niece) and the ONE pair, have stayed with JonBenet, simply because she like them? I don't know...just asking.

That is very odd, though, isn't it - all the panties missing besides the one pair that JonBenet was wearing.

Just as odd as not knowing where the rest of the duct tape and the other missing 'items' would have disappeared to. How on Earth would these things just disappear? There is no way in hell I'm going to believe an intruder did this, but where in the heck did these items GO? How? By Whom? And When?

Please understand - this isn't some sort of theory of mine; JUST a supposition. But could those six pairs of panties have been given away to someone as a gift (Patsy's niece) and the ONE pair, have stayed with JonBenet, simply because she like them? I don't know...just asking.

That is very odd, though, isn't it - all the panties missing besides the one pair that JonBenet was wearing.

Just as odd as not knowing where the rest of the duct tape and the other missing 'items' would have disappeared to. How on Earth would these things just disappear? There is no way in hell I'm going to believe an intruder did this, but where in the heck did these items GO? How? By Whom? And When?

Sorry for the double posting, but this Forum's acting all crazy! I tried posting, it took forever, then told me to wait 30 seconds and then try again.

So I did - and now I'm double-posted. Sorry about that...

Have been catching up on the forum, reading your posts, bayareamom, and welcome you to WS! Our passion for justice for JB runs hot and fast at times here, but one thing is for sure, we all hope to see a resolve to this case one day! Someone knows the truth. Since Patsy is gone, and cannot help in any way, we must hope the person(s) still capable of telling the real story, either through a confession or through the process of a trial prosecution, will bring final closure.

JonBenet's teacher said she was very bright, and received good marks. John said she saw information about the pageants in a newspaper and remarked to him that she would like to do that. Maybe she knew enough words to be able to pick out items of interest if she spent time with John as he read through the paper.

I agree it is possible JB might have dressed herself in the size 12's, if the package of Bloomies had been opened and placed in her drawer. Patsy's statement about placing them there does not clarify if they were opened.
But since JB had told Patsy she would "grow into them" as a reason for her to keep them and not give them to Jenny, I deduce they would not have been opened.

There are photos on the 'acandyrose' website which are used as references for the packaging of the Bloomies. Commentary has been previously posted that for JB to have put on her own size 12's, she would have had to use something to cut through the plastic tag thread which kept the package sealed. There was a small kitchen knife found on the counter in the laundry area outside JB's bedroom, so I imagine JB could have gone down to the kitchen for the knife to open the Bloomies. However, I see that as reaching for an explanation.

Instead, I think someone else dressed her in the Bloomies, after the clean-up of the molestation, which still left enough blood up inside her vagina for it to seep out and leave the forensic spot which was later subjected to DNA testing.:moo:

Thanks for the Welcome, midwest mama!

I used to post at this forum YEARS ago, so I'm just now getting back up-to-snuff with some of this stuff. Wow - it's a lot! So here's a couple of questions, if you don't mind answering them for me.

1) You state that 'Patsy' TOLD JonBenet she would 'grow into' these panties as a reason to keep them. But didn't Patsy state in a Q&A session with attorneys and police in attendance that she'd purchased those panties for her niece, Jenny? So WHEN did she make this statement as to JonBenet's growing into them? Do we have a source?

2) Why in the heck would someone feel the need to put size 12 panties on JonBenet when she had other underwear which could have been used? Doesn't make sense.

So - another question comes to mind.

COULD JonBenet have awakened that night (if she was ever really asleep when they came home in the first place), and, after she thought both her parents were in bed, decided for some strange childish reason, after soiling herself, to rip into that package of panties herself? Maybe she just REALLY wanted to wear those panties...

It just does not make any sense whatsoever that an adult would put on these huge sized panties (for JonBenet). For what purpose? The only thing that seems to be logical is that a child would have done this and then for whatever reason, an adult felt the need to cover-up this panties issue.

Has anyone on the Forum come up with a plausible explanation as to why these panties were put on JonBenet by an adult?

OR the panties 'size' issue was simply another part of the staging within the staging, designed to throw off guard what really happened that night.

I've always been under the rather sad assumption (in this case) that the parents were far smarter than most of those working on this case.

Thanks for the Welcome, midwest mama!

I used to post at this forum YEARS ago, so I'm just now getting back up-to-snuff with some of this stuff. Wow - it's a lot! So here's a couple of questions, if you don't mind answering them for me.

1) You state that 'Patsy' TOLD JonBenet she would 'grow into' these panties as a reason to keep them. But didn't Patsy state in a Q&A session with attorneys and police in attendance that she'd purchased those panties for her niece, Jenny? So WHEN did she make this statement as to JonBenet's growing into them? Do we have a source?

2) Why in the heck would someone feel the need to put size 12 panties on JonBenet when she had other underwear which could have been used? Doesn't make sense.

So - another question comes to mind.

COULD JonBenet have awakened that night (if she was ever really asleep when they came home in the first place), and, after she thought both her parents were in bed, decided for some strange childish reason, after soiling herself, to rip into that package of panties herself? Maybe she just REALLY wanted to wear those panties...

It just does not make any sense whatsoever that an adult would put on these huge sized panties (for JonBenet). For what purpose? The only thing that seems to be logical is that a child would have done this and then for whatever reason, an adult felt the need to cover-up this panties issue.

Has anyone on the Forum come up with a plausible explanation as to why these panties were put on JonBenet by an adult?

Please reread my post. You have reversed (BBM) what I said, which was that JonBenet remarked to Patsy she wanted to keep them and that she would 'grow into them'. From: http://jonbenetramsey.pbworks.com/w/page/11682505/Second Floor#OversizedPanties

this was published: "On the shopping spree, which included a visit to Bloomingdales', Patsy paid $24.99 for a size 12/14 set of "bloomies" panties with the days of the week on them for her niece, a girl older than JonBenét, according to a source. The seven-panty set was identical to one JonBenét had -- only hers were a size 6. When the gals returned to Boulder from their trip, Patsy was going to send the larger panties to her niece, but JonBenét wanted to keep them, an insider confides. "JonBenét and her mom were in her room when Patsy pulled out the pack of size 12 panties," says the insider. "An excited JonBenét told her mom, 'Don't send those to Aunt Polly -- I want them, I want them!' "When Patsy answered, 'But they are much too big for you,' JonBenét said, 'That's OK, Mom, I'll grow into them.' So Patsy opened the packages and put them into a bathroom drawer next to JonBenét's identical set of size 6 panties." Patsy kept the panties in a drawer in the bathroom -- instead of in the bedroom for convenience sake, says a source, because JonBenét often had to be washed and changed at night due to her frequent bed-wetting. But the source insists that JonBenét had never worn the larger briefs until the night of her death!"

Thanks for requesting the source, because in reading again, I see it is commented that Patsy did open the package and put them into the drawer.
So, it makes it possible JB could have dressed herself. But then, we have to ask why it was reported no others were found by BPD in that drawer, and later Wood turned over the package with the remaining pairs in it that the R's claimed they found when they were going through items after their move to Georgia. Such a dilemma, even after all these years.

The most repeated reason on the Forum, as far as I remember reading, for an adult to put the oversized panties on JB was to match the "Wednesday" waistband with what JB might have been wearing from her own set of undies on that Christmas Day (Wednesday) to the White's party. The theory is that the molester might have thought it important to have her found wearing the same thing someone else had thought she was previously dressed in that day, which might make them overlook, or "not notice", the molestation that had happened.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back