The Sidebar - Harris Trial #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't feel that RH was shocked at the scene. A lot of witnesses claimed they saw him as "putting on a show".

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ews-testimony-and-video-*No-Discussion*/page2

Which ones? And are you speaking of Testimony on Direct? Or on Cross when Ms. Eastland had to change her testimony after reviewing her orig statement? Or are you meaning the LEO Gallimore whose report was entered into testimony because it was different than his testimony on the stand? He lied... flat out. He said that RH also told HIM FU, which was not on either the dashcam video or the dashcam video transcript, and acknowledged that. It also was not in his report. JMHO from watching the trial.

Can I please ask a question I'm sorry if I have missed this I'm sure it's been covered very well. Were the Prosecutors able to pull video of how RH normally got in and out of his car at work on a normal day? & if so were the jury able to compare it to how he got in the car putting the lightbulbs in and when he found little Cooper on that tragic day?

Apologies in advance if this has been covered already I've not been able to cover to case as closely as I wanted due to health issues. Any replies much appreciated. This is a very difficult case thanks so much to all of you for your in depth analysis.

Thank you for asking this. I was getting at something similar in post #493 when I asked about Ross' daily parking lot habits. Many people tend to have a particular area of parking lots at venues they frequent. My choice of parking spot depends on where I'm going and how I will exit a parking lot, whether there's a traffic signal, right or left turn, etc. If I were on this jury, I'd want to know where Ross usually parked, whether he often went out at lunchtime to run errands, place purchases in his vehicle or take them into his office, etc. Not sure what, if any, history of Ross' parking habits was presented during trial.

Can you imagine if you were one of the individuals that had walked around that vehicle and later found out Cooper was in there? Bless their souls if they ever realized it later. It is not their fault, but the what ifs would hurt my heart if I had been one of them. Who knows why no one ever came forth that they were walking by. But I can understand possibilities,in today's society people want to blame .. and having seen what the local media did, one can only imagine what would have happened.

I do believe that the CCPD should have tried to at least identified them for their investigation. JMHO

They did try and identify them. But none could be identified as current employees of the TreeHouse. So they moved on to other things. It is not really that important to identify these people who passed by, seeing nothing. What would they have to contribute to the investtigation. They obviously did not hear or see anything. So what can they say?

Well if it was, Jazmin Green's parents didn't even leave her in in the vehicle, it was daycare workers. Three of them were arrested, and charged with cruelty to children, reckless conduct, manslaughter and murder.

A 17 year old pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter and reckless conduct and in May 2014 the other two were acquitted of murder by a jury but found guilty of reckless conduct, manslaughter and deprivation of a child (which is a felony) and sentenced to prison. So that was just before Cooper died, and there was a lot of press coverage of the trial, and this happened in Georgia.

I can not imagine that if RH was aware of this case he would have thought it sounded like the perfect crime, and thought he wouldn't even be investigated.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/arrested-death-toddler-hot-daycare-van/story?id=13895335

http://www.myajc.com/news/news/local/daycare-owner-daughter-sentenced-to-jail-in-death-/nf4Yc/

Agree. But he saw the news report on it and the "Look again" and that father was on the video the Campaign used. That father was an advocate. Only one that I can see where RH would have seen such, since he didn't GOOGLE anything about it. JMHO

I didn't get to hear the testimony about his supposedly telling his friends that he would be late to the movie, yet he wasn't late at all. That's a real sticking point for me.

RH had to have said in person at lunch (very possible) that he may be late because from what they said in testimony... it wasn't stated as that in chats we heard. Boring did ask either Winston or Alex if this is what theay meant about being late and whichever it was said yes. It was a chat post from RH stating he would be there ASAP. (would have to look at my notes to see which one, but it did not state will be late) JMHO from listening to testimony. *If there is another place I have missed it twice (once orig and then on review)

I didn't get to hear the testimony about his supposedly telling his friends that he would be late to the movie, yet he wasn't late at all. That's a real sticking point for me.

The early morning meeting was rescheduled to the afternoon.

He may not have known how long that rescheduled meeting was going to last so therefore he said he might be late? I don't recall what time he said he was going to be late, but wasnt it after the meeting was rescheduled?

He didn't have to google anything. Leanna said they "talked about it all the time". Unless of course now we are supposed to believe that's a stretch.

He knew about it and I think he didn't need to google to know what happens. Also a lot of those other cases where the parents are drinking and leave their kids or purposely leave them so they can go in the store/boyfriends house etc. and they die- I don't think they get charged with murder because they didn't plan it. That sounds like manslaughter or murder of a lesser degree to me and I think they definitely deserve to be punished! But Ross is charged with murder because the state of Georgia clearly feels he planned this. I agree

All IMO. Happy Veterans Day everyone - its my husbands birthday and he is active duty military so he's off. See you all Monday :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They did try and identify them. But none could be identified as current employees of the TreeHouse. So they moved on to other things. It is not really that important to identify these people who passed by, seeing nothing. What would they have to contribute to the investtigation. They obviously did not hear or see anything. So what can they say?

I listened to Stoddards testimony on this. JMHO there is much reasonable doubt on this as to if they did or did not. It was not in any report <<Acknowledged by Stoddard... Kilgore knew this when he asked the questions. Point was again the credibility of the investigation. JMHO

Personally, I have no idea what any one thought or felt. I am only going by the words that were STATED as we can hear them. I can no more get into anyone's head and read their minds than anyone else here. Taking ones words for face value is all we have. I do find it funny/weird that people even the STATE, want to cherry pick what to believe and what not to. As Kilgore pointed out... they want to use "escape" but not that his said his son was "awesome". So much of this case has been blown out of context. I don't get that ... hell it awful enough just by factual stuff.

JMHO Det Murphy demeanor makes me think he knows stuff was screwed up and he was put in a bad position. He would not say who told him the stuff overheard from Stoddards interview and told him. Defense was NOT allowed to bring that out. I have feeling who but since it jmho I wont say but will say they did testify ;)

Personally, I have no idea what any one thought or felt. I am only going by the words that were STATED as we can hear them. I can no more get into anyone's head and read their minds than anyone else here. Taking ones words for face value is all we have. I do find it funny/weird that people even the STATE, want to cherry pick what to believe and what not to. As Kilgore pointed out... they want to use "escape" but not that his said his son was "awesome". So much of this case has been blown out of context. I don't get that ... hell it awful enough just by factual stuff.

JMHO Det Murphy demeanor makes me think he knows stuff was screwed up and he was put in a bad position. He would not say who told him the stuff overheard from Stoddards interview and told him. Defense was NOT allowed to bring that out. I have feeling who but since it jmho I wont say but will say they did testify ;)

But Ross used the word 'awesome' in a sarcastic way, imo. He said his son woke him up early, he's awesome. I took that as a sarcastic remark.

I listened to Stoddards testimony on this. JMHO there is much reasonable doubt on this as to if they did or did not. It was not in any report <<Acknowledged by Stoddard... Kilgore knew this when he asked the questions. Point was again the credibility of the investigation. JMHO

I do not think it affects the credibility of the investigation if they didn't try to identify people walking by, who did not see or hear anything.

o/t on the Tensing trial

[video=twitter;797160917351993344]https://twitter.com/JodyBarrFox19/status/797160917351993344[/video]

[video=twitter;790971471292141568]https://twitter.com/RossCavittWSB/status/790971471292141568[/video]

But Ross used the word 'awesome' in a sarcastic way, imo. He said his son woke him up early, he's awesome. I took that as a sarcastic remark.

That sounds possible. RH had been up very late 4 nights in a row, had only slept for a few hours in the early AM hours of the 17th, and was woken up by his toddler son at 5:30.

Who describes the person waking one up when one is that sleep deprived as "awesome?"

Unless........RH thought the words, but just didn't say them outloud into his Bluetooth, as he was driving, with Cooper in the backseat listening-- "but don't get me wrong, he's......."

Or........ after saying he'd been woken up too early, talking into his Bluetooth as he was driving, and suddenly realizing Cooper was listening and might have his feelings hurt, Ross adds....but he's awesome! (directed to Cooper).

He didn't have to google anything. Leanna said they "talked about it all the time". Unless of course now we are supposed to believe that's a stretch.

He knew about it and I think he didn't need to google to know what happens. Also a lot of those other cases where the parents are drinking and leave their kids or purposely leave them so they can go in the store/boyfriends house etc. and they die- I don't think they get charged with murder because they didn't plan it. That sounds like manslaughter or murder of a lesser degree to me and I think they definitely deserve to be punished! But Ross is charged with murder because the state of Georgia clearly feels he planned this. I agree

All IMO. Happy Veterans Day everyone - its my husbands birthday and he is active duty military so he's off. See you all Monday :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My husband's birthday today also, as well as a veteran. We spend the day shooting some sporting clays out at the gun club. Perfect day!

bbm

So? As most people know, human and familial relationships are/can b complicated. Parents can often have conflicting feelings about their children, or home life. And many, many people "love" the people they harm or kill.

Saying both things, are not proof of anything IMO. Not of guilt, or of innocence. It's only a reflection that he had some conflicting feelings. Which is also not proof of anything.

Agree. But he saw the news report on it and the "Look again" and that father was on the video the Campaign used. That father was an advocate. Only one that I can see where RH would have seen such, since he didn't GOOGLE anything about it. JMHO
Did he not watch the vet video, as well as LH sent him news articles? He didn't necessarily have to Google - it seems like it was a hot topic at their house.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member