The Sidebar - Harris Trial #3 *VERDICT - GUILTY*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the jury back from lunch yet? Seems like an hour lunch break became longer post-trial.

You're right... things like this do end in suicide. That's why a grown man, who fully understands the consequences, should not ask an underage girl for sexually explicit photos.

No arguements on that.

I'm re-watching Michael Baygents (RH half-brother) testimony. Harris is clearly inconsolable while Baygents is on the stand; I'm seeing real tears, real feelings of shame, real everything. None of these genuine, spontaneous, involuntary emotions were on display in the interrogation videos. None. And although we're not privy to a firsthand viewing of Harris's reactions "on the scene" there are multiple reports that confirm that the inconsistent behavior we saw on the videos played out at the crime scene as well. Why is Harris able to react pretty much exactly as most of us do when we've gravely disappointed someone we deeply love/look up to but not at the death of his own son?

Shock in the minutes after seeing his dead son, versus watching his brother over two years later being asked in a court of law about RH's illegal sexual activities ?

Tried to stay quiet on this subject but cannot.
Actually, for many minors engaged in sexual activity and/or sexualized behavior their histories do not do not support knowing the pictures/sexting/encounters are wrong. Their high-risk sexual behaviors are often directly related to their history of maltreatment. Some of these kids have been fondled, raped, sodomized during their childhood, including their teen years. Being sexually active becomes normalized. So for a large portion of these kids, right and wrong as modeled in their homes and by their parents/caregivers is not what is safe. We don't know these girls' histories, so I surely can't say with absolute certainty they were child victims.................with this kind of high-risk behavior, I wonder. And over and over these kids are led to believe it's their fault. And these kids are boys and girls.

So................mimi, you know I love ya, but I have to speak out for these kids !

For those of you who have sat in a room with any of these child victims and heard their outcries stories and offered support, you know what I'm talking about.

In this case,after RH knew the true age of the minor, he kept right on going. No words.

Love you too kiddo! And please don't think I don't agree. I think my posts are getting taken out of context, no surprise on some tho, not you.. Thing is all we know about THIS CASE IS... that they sent them.. period. On their own. Period. By their testimony. Period. Nothing more, or nothing less. As I have said, this is 2 diff issues for me. I do think they will find him guilty of those charges, they have flat out proof it happened.

And I agree that RH was wrong. I just also agree that the teens were wrong too. Again we know nothing about those teens at the time. Could be nothing like one would think. Could be as you say. But fact is all we do know is They posted, Rh commented they chatted, he asked they sent back and they all continued to converse. Nothing not sick about any of it. Nothing Legal either. IIRC would have to look but believe someone posted a link and statute, that it was a misdemeanor for teens to send that same vagina photo back and forth text/internet with another teen. Felony after xx yrs older.

Shock in the minutes after seeing his dead son, versus watching his brother over two years later being asked in a court of law about RH's illegal sexual activities ?

I hear you H4M, and I considered that point as well. I do think however that Harris's courtroom reaction proves that he is both physically and emotionally capable of a level of crying that I refer to as "ugly crying". It comes from deep within and it's uncomfortable to watch. If he didn't cry at all (see: LH/LT) in the videos I could at at stretch, chalk it up to shock. However he does cry, and it's a forced, disingenuous version of what I now know he's capable of tear-duct wise.

Only been watching this from afar. Is this trial just for Cooper's death or also for the text w the minors? (Sorry for being late to the party!!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The dead horse has been beaten. Let him be!

LOL. Many, many dead horses have been beaten, over and over, time to let them all be. The best verdict watches are when both sides wave truce flags and settle down to eat cake.:floating::cake4u:

Since this is a Sidebar and it's been eating at me and making me emotional I will share my experience and how it colors my viewpoint on the minors.

I was molested as a child (7-8) by my best friend's father and sexualized behavior was normalized for me early on. I made bad decisions in my adolescence after being groomed by a 28 year old. I felt that I had to participate because my only worth was sexual. My nuclear family was strong and I was a straight A honors student but I wasn't healthy mentally. Cell phones weren't around back then or I probably would have tried to find self-esteem thru a misguided sext.

I ended up beaten and raped. I still shoulder a lot of guilt for my bad decisions even after a lot of therapy. If I had been a healthy adult I would not have made them but I only had my damaged, adolescent brain. I did make bad decisions but I can't hold myself to the same level of accountability as an adult.

I think that responsibility isn't one pie. The minors may (depending on your beliefs) be responsible for their actions coming from the mind of an adolescent. RH is 100% responsible for his adult pie. They are two separate pies. I believe that any ownership the minors may have doesn't take away from the RH's pie.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

Sigh......

Double sigh ... saying a teen is EQUALLY RESPONSIBLE as him is not okay and victim blaming. But thanks for pointing out that these CHILDREN broke the law as well. That doesn't matter this is HIS TRIAL. Way to deflect.

Anybody keeping up with the Michael Slager trial?

Since this is a Sidebar and it's been eating at me and making me emotional I will share my experience and how it colors my viewpoint on the minors.

I was molested as a child (7-8) by my best friend's father and sexualized behavior was normalized for me early on. I made bad decisions in my adolescence after being groomed by a 28 year old. I felt that I had to participate because my only worth was sexual. My nuclear family was strong and I was a straight A honors student but I wasn't healthy mentally. Cell phones weren't around back then or I probably would have tried to find self-esteem thru a misguided sext.

I ended up beaten and raped. I still shoulder a lot of guilt for my bad decisions even after a lot of therapy. If I had been a healthy adult I would not have made them but I only had my damaged, adolescent brain. I did make bad decisions but I can't hold myself to the same level of accountability as an adult.

I think that responsibility isn't one pie. The minors may (depending on your beliefs) be responsible for their actions coming from the mind of an adolescent. RH is 100% responsible for his adult pie. They are two separate pies. I believe that any ownership the minors may have doesn't take away from the RH's pie.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

((Moxie))). What a difficult case this must be for you all the way around. I hope at some point you're able to shed all of that guilt, none of which you deserve to own. As another rape survivor I know how difficult than can be. Hugs to you .

LOL. Many, many dead horses have been beaten, over and over, time to let them all be. The best verdict watches are when both sides wave truce flags and settle down to eat cake.:floating::cake4u:

Good point, have at it. It's a complicated issue. It's interesting, the different pov's.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

Thank you so much for sharing, Moxie. Your courage is inspiring and I will be thinking of you.

Moxie VI,

How incredibly courageous for you to post your history. Thank you for sharing your story. :heartbeat:
Hope a huge piece of the guilt goes way every time you tell your story.

You get the first cupcake at the thread party!
:cupcake:

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasmimi View Post
With much Respect and I mean this Peach.
The difference, to me is the girls took and sent the photos themselves. This was their testimony.

IIRC, Chelsea D is a named minor in this case (she was at the time, 19 now). Still confused as to if there is just Chelsea on the 3 sexting charges or if the other minor witness is a part of this case and the other or what
There are 3 minors!!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Harris is accused of possessing lewd photographs of two underage girls, sending nude photos to those girls and one other and engaging in sexually explicit chats with all three.

The eight-count indictment includes two counts of sexual exploitation of children and six of disseminating harmful material to a minor.

http://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/...lly-exploiting-minors/3dKhC76bDFeI1g2eSGTo3M/

1. He possessed lewd photographs of 2 underage girls
2. He sent nude photos of himself to 3 underage girls
3. He engaged in sexually explicit chats with all 3 underage girls

The 8 count indictment from March 2016, is not what we are awaiting verdict. I am aware that the 2016 indictment is for 3 teens. The charges in THIS case, which Chelsea D who was a minor at time and now 19, and who is NOT listed on the March 2016 indictment. My question/confusing is... how many teens are on these charges? Other than 1, Chelsea D who was named? 1 other?2 other?3 total?teens?

Count 6 - Criminal Attempt to Commit a Felony - "..the accused did request that a minor female...provide a photograph and visual medium involving a lewd exhibition of her genital and pubic area..."

Count 7 - Dissemination of *advertiser censored* to Minors - "..accused did knowingly disseminate and furnish a minor female printed matter containing explicit and detailed verbal descriptions and narrative accounts of sexual excitement and sexual conduct..."

Count 8 - Dissemination of *advertiser censored* to Minors - "..accused person did knowingly disseminate and furnish to a minor female a photograph and visual image of a portion of the human body which depicted sexually explicit nudity, to wit: a photograph and visual image of uncovered male genitals in a discernibly turgid state.." http://www.courtchatter.com/justin-ross-harris-trial-archive

Does anyone think this could end in a hung jury?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member