The State v. Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #13 *ADULT CONTENT*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we don't have 10 min of court, then a 1.5 hr lunch break.
Nope, 20 mins and afternoon off :floorlaugh:

Hubby is taking me to lunch for my bday so cant
watch the hearing .
So thankful to have WS to keep updated by phone. :)
You guys rock!!
Happy Birthday!!

Has anyone heard of Searcy's 'Butler in a Box'? :rocker:

Was trying to find the Peoples Court episode, but found that so thought I would share.

Plus we just do not know what was in TA's head at the time. It is possible he was at a crossroad in his life as to whether or not he wanted to remain a Mormon or leave because of their restrictions. We just do not know and trying to discredit him on the sex issue serves no point. We don't know what he was thinking right up to the time he died. His death was pointless. But his life meant something to a lot of people which is evident. The only ones going to bat for Jodi seem to be people with their own set of problems and they don't appear to be very good witnesses. jmo

Ditto. Travis cannot speak for himself.

BBBM
Great point. As Juan pointed out with the last prosecution witness, JA's friend did NOT really know her that well between those sex shots and oh yeah, the picture of her dragging his bloody body across his bathroom floor.

Nothing like stealing your grandpa's gun, renting a car, driving a few thousand miles, dying your hair, having sex to disarm a guy (surefire way, IMO), calling friends then shutting off your phone to create alibi, leaving voicemail for your deceased murder victim, checking his voicemail, going to Chili's with friends after murder, and grinding on another Mormon man after murder to keep consistent with that sweet, soft-spoken, woe-is-me, victimized, abused character.

Can't wait to hear the "expert" make up "studies and research" to explain how THAT all makes sense.
:book: Well, when you put it like that. ;)

I think you are absolutely correct. I've been thinking the same. If you mix this case with the Mary Winkler case, you will discover this defense's case we will see this week. JMO.

yep, I agree. They both went to prison though, although not for 1st degree murder. I really doubt the defense can pull it off. Unless those two lawyers are going to change into their "super lawyer' costumes and surprise everyone!:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Ditto. Apparently CH and SH didn't approve of TA's relationship with JA once it started affecting TA's finances. So they cornered TA with their opinions and tried to influnce him, at which point TA then "officially broke up" with JA (but "unofficially" kept seeing her).

I wonder how intertwined CH's finances were with TA's. TA worked under him, IIRC, or at least, CH had recruited him and was his mentor.

Help!!! Where's this from???

I thought I heard some Mormon say any boy over the age of 12 can be a Priesthood Holder.:waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:

There are Mormon levels of priesthood. For the 12-17 yr. old boys, it would be the Aaronic. For 18yrs and up, Melchizedek. That's the simple explanation.

Gosh I hope it is not true that Travis is excommunicated. I would hope that death that happens before you have time to learn from your mistakes or repent and change, or whatever it is that is required in that faith, means he is not now excluded from his faith. That would really be heart breaking.

God is his Judge, not the Mormon church. A church cannot put you in heaven or take you out. Only God can do that.

Question for a Mod: Could we have today's proceedings broken out from this conglomerate thread? I know it was short, but I think it's going to get lost in these ninety-something pages.

Nope, 20 mins and afternoon off :floorlaugh:

Has anyone heard of Searcy's 'Butler in a Box'? :rocker:

Was trying to find the Peoples Court episode, but found that so thought I would share.

Searcy said Butler in a Box can also be programmed to say something to the intruder like, "You had better get out of here or I'll call the police."

It is a shame Travis didn't have one !1

Like people "own" cars or "own" McMansions? I want to see the liability side of that 21-year-old's balance sheet.

I believe he said his father had died. Could be he was left some money or his mother had money she wanted to invest. Better to own a 7-11 than to work in one. jmo

I think you are absolutely correct. I've been thinking the same. If you mix this case with the Mary Winkler case, you will discover this defense's case we will see this week. JMO.

The problem being - they're going to have to prove a long abuse pattern to make that stick.
I don't think they can do that in any credible way.

I am so amazed at the number of people who want to give JA the benefit of the doubt. She already admitted to slaughtering him!!!!!!!

Does it matter why??? She must be locked away for good. Take a look at the many ways she killed him for crying out loud!!!!

I have a problem with any church leader who leads someone to The Lord or religion, , baptizes them and then tells them it is okay to have anal sex. Not such a good person in my book. Really creepy.
Every word that his friend, Chris Hughes ,I take with a grain of salt. Isn't he the Mormon who allowed Travis and Jodi to use his house as a sex pad?

Aaaaack!!! Where have I been??? Where's this "sex pad" stuff?? When did TRAVIS tell us HE said it was "OK to have anal sex"....or are we just going by what the person who sliced him up said??

I'll have to watch the video and get back to you because I don't know what all was said immediately prior to the comments. It could be that the basis for the witness is that DT wanted to get something on record and the only way to do so was having the witness come and testify personally. This makes sense now!!! I'm thinking DT's motion was on an issue they couldn't bring up directly bc it falls under attorney-client privilege (no-one will EVER know what was said in that case). More than likely JA told DT something and they only way they could get it in was to have the person say it himself. Again, I need to watch the clip in it's entirety, but at least that makes sense as to why it was so hush-hush.

I'm not following (but that's common!). This was out of the presence of the jury, so what would come in to benefit JA if it was only to be heard by the judge and prosecution?

CH stated the Defense told his wife with a telephone call followed by an email . . .

Judge wants this witness CH to return tomorrow afternoon . . . .

Defense asks that he have no contact with the media or anyone
He is further not to watch any media on this trial and the Defense will be giving CH a subpoena.

Mr. Alfohade (sic?) will be testifying on the phone . . ..
Defense asks time to prepare for cross

Judge will be allowing the call for testimony today . . .

Verizon wireless will not accept a blocked number . . .
They will call him and ask he return the call.

:cheers:

:clap: wenwe4, :clap: You are worth $1,000,000 !!! :tyou: Thanks for this and all the many, many other times you do this for us. I just had to say it. :blowkiss:

You are indeed an Ace! :takeabow:

:gthanks:

I don't understand why Travis Alexander has to be considered perfect and above reproach for Jodi to be guilty of murdering him in a cruel & heinous way. Aren't we all imperfect? Even if he WAS having a secret-sex-relationship with her and even if he DID invite her to his house that fateful night, how does that diminish him as a victim? The crime scene spells it out.

I agree wholeheartedly and in my opinion (and I've stated it before) the whole sex thing is blown WAY out of proportion. She wasn't raped, she wasn't coerced and I don't believe Travis was ever violent toward her. Annoyed, maybe. Impatient, maybe. So what? The violent one was busy slashing tires. She clearly saw her jackpot in these Mormon men and was picking them off one by one.

In those first few shower pictures Travis looks tired - probably emotionally exhausted from having to deal with Jodi again, and having compromised his morality again. Someone said it well - she was like a drug den for him. He just couldn't say no - he probably - every time it happened - hated that weakness in himself afterwards. JMHO.

I hope Jodi gets convicted. She is and always will be dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Just Cami