The Verdict Waiting Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that's how you look when you're enjoying our company.... I'd hate to see your face if you DIDN'T like us!

LOL, I have others that are even grumpier! I guess I just like mean looking pussycats. :)

also is that WS app? What is that?

I always only get the photo once too...? (wow, that grammar sounds really bad. I can't think of another way to say it!)

I don't mind if it goes into next week. The Rolf Harris jury took 8 days, and in the end they made the right decision, which is all that matters.

Besides, I enjoy the company in here.

Awwww Fluffykins it's been wonderful to be with like-minded people since April 2012.
Wow, it's been a bumpy ride.

I recall the judge directing the Jury to sit til 4.30pm each day until a verdict is reached (excluding weekends). So unless something happens very soon, we won't have a verdict today.

I do apologize, Enthralled, nothing personal meant by saying that this is not unusual, and that there is lots of evidence for 12 people to come to agreement on. They are deciding on a persons life here. It took days for the Morcombe verdict, and they had a TAPED confession.....just not sure what people were expecting here?

That was so sweet of you. You are a gentle soul. :)

I recall the judge directing the Jury to sit til 4.30pm each day until a verdict is reached (excluding weekends). So unless something happens very soon, we won't have a verdict today.

This morning it was reported they may stay late today if a verdict is close ;)

Gerard Baden-Clay trial: Case hits nerve with crowds flocking to public gallery

The trial of accused wife killer Gerard Baden-Clay captivated the nation and drew larger than usual crowds to the Public Gallery of the Supreme Court in Brisbane.

Over the past four weeks people have lined up, gone through security and piled into the elevator up to level three.

Just prior to 10:00am the doors open to the special overflow courtroom especially set up for them to view the Baden-Clay trial.

The long line of people, both in groups and on their own, snakes its way through the empty foyer entrance, as they start to file in slowly.

They make a bee-line for their seat of choice and set themselves up for the day.

The room is filled with eyes focused on a big screen, with live pictures being beamed in directly from the main court room where proceedings are taking place.

A rough headcount of the room would give you a figure of around 100 men, women, and some children as well.

The court bailiff reads out the rules prior to proceedings commencing, the way a teacher my lay down the law in their own classroom: no cheering, no talking; refrain from phone calls, or put your phones on silent.

The silence is deafening in the courtroom as people watch the screens - one with the main players of the trial and the other fully dedicated to exhibits.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-07-10/crowds-flock-to-public-gallery-for-baden-clay-trial/5588416

No, I think it's just the court building is open so people are going in to meet up with other ws near the Power point.

So it could just be adjourning until Monday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa