The Verdict Waiting Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
See now I think Tod Fuller has been absolutely amazing. Yes, he has been Allison's voice and he's done a fantastic job. I have been struck by his intelligence and skills in delivering such a compelling case with compassion. He certainly comes across as man with morals and dignity. All of that. But falling in love (or lust) with him? Nah, sorry. So no, women everywhere are not falling in love. Of course, someone with all those qualities would definitely be very attractive but I just don't get "it" from watching/reading about him in court. The physical attraction isn't there for me so I have been a bit mystified by the 'fawning' over him. Each to their own though.

I'm with you Brightbird. Love his mind but that's all. No lusting from me.

Me too. But each to their own. I am certainly impressed with the way he has conducted himself and with his legal mind. But otherwise, not really my cup of tea.. But hey I guess that means less of us fighting over him..lol ..

(Edited to add:joking of course on the fighting over him. I have utmost respect for TF and his job. This is my first post on this particular subject. I hope the Banter from some WS'ers has not been seen as disrespectful to TF, I did mostly take the comments from others as said in a bit of fun due to many members admiration for the man in this case)

I firmly believe that if Clay is acquitted there will be an increase of 'copy cat' domestic murders and the idea of he got away with it then there's a chance they can as well.

My husband says "Police always consider the spouse first in missing persons and suspicious deaths!" I said to him "So why do they do it?" He said "Because they always think they're smarter and will get away with it."

Maybe next week there will be a chance depending on how long the jury take and what time the verdict comes in. I really enjoyed meeting kiwijayne, snails, Freya and Aunty. I had a lot in common with Aunty but everyone I met was nice. Depending on timing, I hope to be able to rush in when a verdict comes in, or soon after.

I'm still on tenterhooks about when that will be, about how far along in their deliberations they are at this point. My feeling is they are conflicted between murder and manslaughter but that might be wishful thinking on my part.

BBM, I feel the same ITV, especially given their asking for clarification yesterday re the lying under oath and the scratches and how that influences intent..I think they are trying to determine between manslaughter or Murder.

Me too. But each to their own. I am certainly impressed with the way he has conducted himself and with his legal mind. But otherwise, not really my cup of tea.. But hey I guess that means less of us fighting over him..lol ..
Not my type either UT. incidentally, I dated a silk for a time. You can't get away with anything! Their interrogation is unbelievable. By anything I mean surprise parties etc, nothing untoward!

Not my type either UT. incidentally, I dated a silk for a time. You can't get away with anything! Their interrogation is unbelievable. By anything I mean surprise parties etc, nothing untoward!
My bold...

LOL - I can see everyone sitting on the couch in a row after the lights went on and the party poppers had cracked - being questioned.

The case did not even go to trial - apparently because no motive could be established. So many questions unanswered.

"Coroner Tina Privitera apologised to the parents of Leanne Sleba, Judith and Pat Eagle, because she was unable to reach a finding following a lengthy inquest.

What is known is that Geoff Sleba fired a single shot from his 12-gauge shotgun, killing his wife of 13 years at about 10pm on April 24, 2008, at their Kingsthorpe property, northwest of Toowoomba.

Mr Sleba, 40, told the first police to arrive at the property that his gun accidentally discharged while the pair had been searching the garage for an eastern brown snake

Although police initially treated the matter as a homicide investigation, they never charged Mr Sleba over his wife's death, telling an inquest hearing in May this year they could not find a motive."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/coroner-apologises-to-parents-of-kingsthorpe-woman-leanne-sleba-who-was-shot-in-back-by-her-husband-duing-snake-hunt/story-e6freoof-1226081450743

hmm, yes, this guy seems mighty 'unlucky' too from what I read... the gunshot that killed his wife accidently... now hit and run killing someone... interesting.

Can you imagine if you ate the last bit of Pizza or cake from the fridge.. lol... the grilling you might get.:laughing:

Welcome to my world :scared:

OK going to try and think of something relevant to say now. I wish we had a WS jury profiler on this trial.

My husband says "Police always consider the spouse first in missing persons and suspicious deaths!" I said to him "So why do they do it?" He said "Because they always think they're smarter and will get away with it."

Gittany! A classic example. His arrogance was astounding.

It is a prudent thing to make a will expressed to be in contemplation of marriage otherwise as soon as you are legally married, your previous will is automatically revoked. I have done many wills exactly the same as Allison's and GBC including mine.
So I see nothing untoward in their wills. They are standard husband and wife wills leaving everything to each other and then to whatever children they may have. Perfectly normal. Allison survived 15 years after she made that will which she never updated. Her father obtained a limited grant to administer that estate pending the outcome of the trial.

Yes, with respect Alioop, that is your opinion as a lawyer. However, I have expressed an opinion not from a legal view. I refer more to relational dynamics with an opinion of equal validity. Sadly, IMO it seems that Allison had some assets with a solid work history at Flight Centre, superannuation, and a half-share in property on the Gold Coast with her brother. What did her partner bring to the marriage? It's reassuring that her father, Mr. Dickie, had gained a limited grant to administer her estate pending the outcome of the trial, that her interests are being looked after. My opinion only.

Yep I am a regular nerdish lawyer but have ditched the glasses after eye laser so feel less nerdy.

You will be nerdy again Alioop as generally the results from laser surgery only lasts for "a period" of time, and the time depends on the individual - maybe 10 years, maybe 20 years. Laser surgery is great when it works but the results don't unfortunately last forever :(

Gittany! A classic example. His arrogance was astounding.

I don't think I've ever read of too many humble criminals or killers.

Arrogance oozed from Max Sica also. The antics of his family were similar to Gittanys. It took almost six years for Sica to be charged with murdering the three Singh siblings. Almost four days for a verdict of guilty.

Quite a lengthy report on that case...

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...entence-for-triple-murder-20120705-21igm.html

Coincidence...

Allison's murder 19th April, 2012

The murders of Singh siblings was April 21-22, 2003

The inquest report posted on previous page about the guy shooting his wife on 24th April, 2008

Coincidence...

Allison's murder 19th April, 2012

The murders of Singh siblings was April 21-22, 2003

The inquest report posted on previous page about the guy shooting his wife on 24th April, 2008

I had noticed that before it is very spooky - perhaps it has a little to do with Easter ?

And most confusing for onlookers, with 20 people all calling the same woman Aunty :)

Yes luckily I knew their real names it was better than walking up and saying are you Alioop, Itsthevibe or Snails lol. That would look odd to people.

Some interesting reading about a local case involving the recent hit-and-run killing of a cyclist. It has taken some time but finally there has been an arrest.

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/accused-hit-and-run-killer-geoffrey-sleba-released/2315896/

What really struck me though was an earlier event involving the person who has been arrested and that some of you might have heard about (it has been mentioned at least once on WS). Reading the findings of the inquest sent a chill down my spine. (I hope it is OK for me to copy this link - it is in the public domain)

http://www.courts.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0004/95278/cif-sleba-lm-20110624.pdf

I saw this on the news last night! I can't believe he got bail. It will be interesting to see if anything happens with his poor wife's death now that this has happened.

I definitely don't have a crush on him myself, although I am very impressed by his work as I have followed the trial. In fact, some of the outpourings of heartfelt "lust" make me a bit uncomfortable at times - I start to think
(a) What if he reads this forum,
(b) It doesn't do any good for WebSleuths' image - didn't one commenter, very early in the course of this case, refer to WS as a bunch of gossiping middle-aged women or something along those lines?
and (c) if the shoe were on the other foot, and there was a brilliant female barrister doing an outstanding job, and the males were going all hormonal about how they were in love with her, how would she (and other women here) perceive that?

You know what, Doc? Love you and I'm a proud femmo, but if they were the same males you suggest usually go for beauty over brains, I'd be thrilled that they were impressed by the skill and acumen of someone pursuing a cause close to their hearts. I think that's all that's happened here and it would be taken in that spirit.

I am genuinely surprised that anyone described this forum in that way, because (while I'm the first to admit I'm a bored housewife) in my prolific lurkdom, I was always struck by what an articulate, thought-provoking and witty group had assembled here, men included. How offensive!

I had noticed that before it is very spooky - perhaps it has a little to do with Easter ?
Easter was only that late in April in 2003

2008 i think was march and 2012 was first week in april i think.....

You know what, Doc? Love you and I'm a proud femmo, but if they were the same males you suggest usually go for beauty over brains, I'd be thrilled that they were impressed by the skill and acumen of someone pursuing a cause close to their hearts. I think that's all that's happened here and it would be taken in that spirit.

I am genuinely surprised that anyone described this forum in that way, because (while I'm the first to admit I'm a bored housewife) in my prolific lurkdom, I was always struck by what an articulate, thought-provoking and witty group had assembled here, men included. How offensive!
Yes. Some of us are far from 'bored housewives'..

Some people cannot read 'tongue in cheek' and must take everything in life so seriously :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa